Quentin Tarantino enlists Rick Ross and John Legend on Django Unchained soundtrack, with Jamie Foxx produced track, and also a Tupac and James Brown remix.
The cover art and tracklist for the soundtrack Quentin Tarantino's upcoming film Django Unchained have just been revealed, and includes a few rap heavyweights. Available December 18th, the soundtrack features Rick Ross and John Legend, and a mix track of James Brown's "The Payback" and Tupac's "Untouchable." Jamie Foxx, who has dabbled in rap before, produced Rozay's track "100 Black Coffins."
The director's soundtracks tend to feature mostly classics, so the foray into rap comes as a bit of a surprise, albeit a welcome one. He had this to say about its contributing artists.
"I want to thank all the artists who contributed original songs (a first for me) to the picture. Most of these contributions came out of the artists' own inspiration and their illustration of the film's soul is invaluable. In addition to the new original songs I am also using a lot of older recordings on the soundtrack - many of which came from my personal vinyl collection. Instead of having the record companies give me new digitally cleaned up versions of these recordings from the 60's and 70's, I wanted to use the vinyl I've been listening to for years - complete with all the pops and cracks. I even kept the sound of the needle being put down on the record. Basically because I wanted people's experience to be the same as mine when they hear this soundtrack for the first time."
Django Unchained hits theatres December 25th. Check out the tracklist and cover art below.
2. Django (Main Theme) - Luis Bacalov, Rocky Roberts
3. The Braying Mule - Ennio Morricone
4. In That Case, Django, After You...
5. Lo Chiamavano King (His Name Is King) - Luis Bacalov, Edda Dell'orso
6. Freedom - Anthony Hamilton & Elayna Boynton
7. Five-Thousand-Dollar Nigga's And Gummy Mouth Bitches
8. La Corsa (2nd Version) - Luis Bacalov
9. Sneaky Schultz and the Demise of Sharp
10. I Got a Name - Jim Croce
11. I Giorni Dell'ira - Riz Ortolani
12. 100 Black Coffins - Rick Ross
13. Nicaragua - Jerry Goldsmith featuring Pat Metheny
14. Hildi's Hot Box
15. Sister Sara's Theme - Ennio Morricone
16. Ancora Qui - Ennio Morricone and Elsa
17. Unchained (The Payback/Untouchable) - James Brown and 2Pac
18. Who Did That To You? - John Legend
19. Too Old to Die Young - Brother Edge
20. Stephen The Poker Player
21. Un Monumento - Ennio Morricone
22. Six Shots Two Guns
23. Trinity (Titoli) - Annibale E i Cantori Moderni