Ric Flair says he never received money from 30 For 30 film.
WWE legend Ric Flair is reportedly suing the management company that used to represent for allegedly stealing $25,000 that he should've made from ESPN's recent "30 For 30" documentary about his life. Legacy Talent and Entertainment represented The Nature Boy from 2009 until October 2017.
According to TMZ Sports, Flair hired a lawyer to investigate his finances and they discovered that management compnay had received $25,000 from First Row Films, the production company behind Flair's "30 for 30" special. Flair contends that he was never informed of the payment, and certainly never received his cut of the money.
Additionally, he also noticed a $12,000 royalty advance from Jake's Fireworks, a company he signed an endorsement deal with earlier this year. In total, Flair alleges that he's owed $46,000, but Legacy Talent and Entertainment says his accusations are "blatant lies."
The company replied to Flair's suit, per TMZ,
"Ric Flair has always been known to be dramatic and looking desperately for the spotlight. That's fine as a wrestler but it is despicable when he blatantly lies," Legacy says.
"As anyone who read [the Ric Flair Grantland article] knows, Ric has always left a trail of destruction in his wake whether it be from his ex wives, the IRS, State Departments of Revenue, creditors, or from his former business partners and friends... the debris is everywhere.
"Our client wishes Flair nothing but the best and is sad that things have come to this after over a decade of hard work and incredible results for their client."
In regards to Flair's finances,
"Our client provided Flair an accounting of funds as they always did throughout their representation. Flair then demanded funds that belonged to buyers be released from trust that he had not yet earned and our client would not be bullied into doing anything unethical. In reality the $37,000 in dispute are in his management company’s trust account while we were working out a settlement on the sums of money owed our client from deals and money Flair hid from his management."
Flair's ESPN "30 For 30" doc, which aired earlier this month, highlighted the ups and downs of his professional wrestling career as well as his life outside of the ring.
The 68-year old WWE Hall of Famer will reportedly on hand at Starrcade later this month on Saturday, November 25th to watch his daughter Charlotte compete in a steel cage match. He is also being billed for Monday Night Raw's 25th Anniversary special which will take place at Barclays Center and Manhattan Center.