Hot 97's Summer Jam 2017 left us all with some memorable moments.
You never know what you're going to get at Hot 97's Summer Jam. Last year, there was a major storm and the year before tear gas cleared up the parking lot after the show. Both not Hot 97's fault. But with those two things alone, people have been hesitant to attend the yearly event in fear of what may happen. On top of that, the worry of attending a major concert and something similar like Manchester happening is always a thought. But Summer Jam 2017 kicked off without a hitch and it remained pretty cool throughout the event. Minus a few bruised egos (Remy Ma versus Nicki...again?), Hot 97's Summer Jam 2017 was definitely the place to be yesterday. Check out the major highlights from the concert down below:
- This year's festival stage was definitely one for the books. Fans from all over the tri-state area were all packed in the parking lot area to catch their favorite artist. And for those that couldn't get in, they huddled around the surrounding fences. In simpler terms: people were really fucking with the festival stage. Between A Boogie repping for the BX and Young M.A capturing all the ladies' attention, there wasn't a dull moment. But that wasn't all. Dave East, PnB Rock, Lil Yachty, Phresher, Casanova and D.R.A.M all blessed the stage and got the much deserved love from the fans.
- Memorable moment: Young M.A had the entire crowd screaming "OOOUUU." Actually, come to think of it, she also had all the women screaming for her before she even hit the stage.
- Memorable moment: Lil Yachty was oh so kind to pass out bottles of waters to fans. He felt the heat just as much as we did.
Summer Jam Main Stage:
- The Summer Jam main stage kicked off right after the festival stage with a performance by Jidenna. Not sure how many people caught his act since a lot of people filed in after the official start time but regardless he put on a good show. The same goes for Tory Lanez, Desiigner, Charly Black and Konshens, who all had shorter sets. Joey Bada$$ brought out Mobb Deep and Trey Songz brought out Tee Grizzley. Those two acts definitely got fans on their feet. Actually every act that came out had the crowd amped.
- Migos performed their hit tracks, "Bad and Boujee," "T-Shirt" and brought out 2 Chainz for "Good Drank." We all can assume how this was: LEGENDARY.
- Khaled brought out the only guest that mattered: Asahd. The cutie was rocking some Beats headphones when his dad brought him out...clearly to drown out all the fans screaming his name.
- Chris Brown had Playboi Carti join him on stage for a performance of "Magnolia" and well, everyone was Milly rocking. Breezy also brought out the legend, DMX, who got the crowd in a frenzy with his "Ruff Ryders Anthem" performance.
- Flex definitely brought out his friends for this year's show. Casanova, Juelz, Fetty Wap, Meek Mill, Tory Lanez, A Boogie and Fat Man Scoop all stopped by the stage.
- The show was closed out by Faith Evans and the Bad Boy crew minus Diddy. Even Bone Thugs came through to pay homage to the Notorious B.I.G. Dougie Fresh closed it out with a speech. It was a great way to show love to the legendary rapper.
- No, I didn't forget about Remy Ma. This needs it's own section. Remy Ma killed her set between her performance of "All the Way Up," and bringing out Cardi B, Lil Kim, Rah Digga, MC Late, Queen Latifah, Young M.A, Lady of Rage and Monie Love. Queen Latifah had all the ladies join her for a rendition of her track, "U.N.I.T.Y." Which was great to see. But then things went dark and Remy Ma went the fuck off. She performed her track "SHether," while memes/images of Nicki Minaj played on the big screen behind her. She then closed it out by strongly stating, "Fuck Nicki Minaj." Well, damn. *clutches pearls*
So there you have it folks. Hot 97's Summer Jam 2017 was one for the books as per usual. Great food, good crowd, not so bad food and an amazing line-up was definitely a decent way to spend yesterday. Looking forward to seeing who gets put on the Summer Jam screen next year.
P.s. - If you don't already know, French Montana DID NOT bring out Max B. Boooooo.