On October 12th, a federal appeals court has reportedly overturned a district court's decision in the Ezekiel Elliott case, meaning the 22-year old stud running back's six-game suspension was reinstated. 

However, just days later, U.S. district judge Paul Crotty granted a temporary restraining order to Ezekiel Elliott, allowing him to remain active for the Dallas Cowboys until presiding judge Katherine Polk Failla's returns from vacation.

According to Ralph Vacchiano of SNY, NFL spokesperson Joe Lockhart said Friday the league is "not looking to make a deal" and they are "confident" they'll win in court. 

Earlier this week, David Moore of the Dallas Morning News reported that the two sides had discussed the possibility of a settlement and had previously talked about potential deals after every ruling during the ongoing process. 

With the next hearing scheduled for October 30th, the NFL is reportedly committed to Zeke's six-game suspension. 

Although Elliott was never charged in the domestic violence case, NFL commissioner Roger Goodell suspended him for six games following a year-long investigation into the accusations made by his former girlfriend, Tiffany Thompson. The league determined that he violated the NFL's conduct policy, which warranted a mandatory six-game suspension. 

When asked about the ongoing case it didn't seem like Zeke was looking to reach a settlement either, he wants to fight to clear his name. 

Zeke told reporters,

"When you get accused of something of that magnitude, you kind of get labeled as an abuser, and that's just not me, that's not how I want to be seen, that's not how I want to represent my family. It's just important for me to fight."

At the very least, Ezekiel Elliott will be in the Cowboys lineup for their Week 7 matchup against the 49ers in San Francisco this Sunday.