Everything you need to know for tonight's NBA Draft Lottery.
If you're a fan of an NBA team that was purposely tanking this season, or just happened to suck and missed out on the playoffs, tonight is one of the night's you've probably been looking forward to since the 82-game regular season came to an end. We're talking of course about the annual NBA Draft Lottery.
The lottery will be held at 7:30pm ET tonight in Chicago and it will determine the order of the top 14 picks in the June 21st NBA Draft. Coverage of the event can be seen on ESPN and the WatchESPN app.
The Phoenix Suns finished the season with the worst record in the NBA at 21-61 and will therefore have the best odds of landing the #1 overall pick at 25%. The Memphis Grizzlies, 22-60, have a 19.9% chance of securing the top spot, followed by the Dallas Mavericks and Atlanta Hawks, who have a 13.8% and 13.7% chance, respectively.
Other Notes: If the Lakers' pick is #1 or 6-14, the Sixers hold on to it. However, if it falls between #2-5, the Celtics will get it. Similarly, if the Pistons' pick falls inside the Top-4 (2.5% chance) they'll keep it. Otherwise, it will go to the Clippers as part of the Blake Griffin trade.
Check out the full odds for all 14 lottery teams, including their chances of landing the top spot or cracking the Top-3.
1) Phoenix Suns: #1 Pick (25%) / Top-3 Pick (64.2%)
2) Memphis Grizzlies: #1 Pick (19.9%) / Top-3 Pick (55.8%)
3) Dallas Mavericks: #1 Pick (13.8%) / Top-3 Pick (42.6%)
4) Atlanta Hawks: #1 Pick (13.7%) / Top-3 Pick (42.3%)
5) Orlando Magic: #1 Pick (8.8%) / Top-3 Pick (29.1%)
6) Chicago Bulls: #1 Pick (5.3%) / Top-3 Pick (18.3%)
7) Sacramento Kings: #1 Pick (5.3%) / Top-3 Pick (18.3%)
8) Cleveland Cavs (via BK): #1 Pick (2.8%) / Top-3 Pick (9.9%)
9) New York Knicks: #1 Pick (1.7%) / Top-3 Pick (6.1%)
10) Philadelphia 76ers (via LAL): #1 Pick (1.1%) / Top-3 Pick (4.0%)
11) Charlotte Hornets: #1 Pick (.8%) / Top-3 Pick (2.9%)
12) LA Clippers (via DET): #1 Pick (.7%) / Top-3 Pick (2.5%)
13) LA Clippers: #1 Pick (.6%) / Top-3 Pick (2.2%)
14) Denver Nuggets: #1 Pick (.5%) / Top-3 Pick (1.8%)