A weekly look at album sales and performance on Billboard 200 and Hot 100 charts.
As Kesha claims the #1 spot, Kendrick Lamar and DJ Khaled move into #2 and #3 respectfully. However, the week truly belongs to Khalid, whose American Teen jumps all the way from #10 to #4 in a huge week. Moneybagg Yo also has a great week with his Federal 3X mixtape making quite the debut at #5. SZA jumps from #9 into the #7 spot, showcasing that her acclaimed studio debut CTRL still has wheels heading into the late summer. 21 Savage and Bruno Mars join all of the aforementioned artists in the top 10. Surprisingly enough, aside from Kesha's new #1 album, there are no other new releases on the Billboard 200.
1) Kendrick Lamar — DAMN.: Kendrick Lamar settles into #2 this week, after a brief stint at the #1 position last week, which itself made headlines. DAMN. comes in right behind Kesha's Rainbow release, and lays claim to 43,097 TAEU and 9,613 sales.
2) DJ Khaled — Grateful: DJ Khaled is still at the top of the charts, right behind Kendrick, with Grateful landing at #3. With some help from Rihanna and Bryson Tiller, with whom Khaled collaborated on the summer smash "Wild Thoughts," Grateful logs 33,821 TAEU and 3,615 sales this week.
3) Khalid — American Teen: Khalid makes an impressive leap this week, all the way from #10 to #4, with American Teen. Now in his peak position, the Texan teenager lunges into the Billboard 200 top 5 with 31,521 TAEU and 5,657 sales under his name.
4) Moneybagg Yo — Federal 3X: Moneybagg Yo, who found himself entangled in headlines this past week due to a New Jersey shooting, made a strong debut for his commercially-released mixtape Federal 3X, entering the Billboard 200 at #5. The Memphis rapper tallies 29,923 TAEU and 13,570 sales with his latest release off Yo Gotti's CMG imprint.
5) SZA — CTRL: SZA steps up from #9 to the #7 with her debut studio album CTRL. The record moves 27,311 TAEU and 5,133 in physical sales this time around, and proves that her lush R&B style isn't going anywhere any time soon.
6) 21 Savage — Issa Album: The top 10 of Billboard 200 continues to be hip-hop and r'n'b-heavy, with 21 Savage's Issa Album following suit of SZA., occupying #8. The ATLien tacks 26,426 TAEU and 1,929 sales onto the album's success.
7) Bruno Mars— 24K Magic: At #10 we find Bruno Mars, whose newest album 24K magic has been crushing for 39 weeks straight now. Although it never actually reached #1, the album hasn't strayed too far away since its release last year. This week, Bruno does 25,112 TAEU and 9,459 sales.
8) Post Malone — Stoney: Post Malone's debut Stoney sits at #11 this week, with 23,719 TAEU and 1,584 sales to show for it. Stoney was released 36 weeks ago, and only peaked at the #6 spot, but has been doing rock-solid as a consistent player on the charts ever since.
9) Meek Mill — Wins & Losses: Philadelphia's Meek Mill was arrested while visiting New York City this past week, but at least he appears at the #12 spot on the Billboard 200-- still, down four spots from last week. With 23,425 TAEU and 3,271 sales, does Meek Mill live up to his album's title Wins & Losses?
10) Drake — More Life: Appearing one spot behind Meek Mill probably doesn't faze Drake, who is at #13 this week with More Life. The release, which features the likes of Skepta, Young Thug, and Travis Scott, logs 23,299 TAEU and 722 in pure sales. Meanwhile, Drizzy is trying to get a 500-week run on the Billboard Hot 100.
While "Despacito" and "Wild Thoughts" remain at #1 and #2, the most exciting placement on the Hot 100 singles chart this week is Cardi B. The New York-born rapper will be creeping into #1 any day now, but for the time being, "Bodak Yellow (Money Moves)" jumps to #3, displacing French Montana's "Unforgettable," and generally causing excitement for Cardi and her growing fanbase. Khaled's "I'm The One" continues to fall, this time out of the top 10 and into the #11 spot. 21 Savage's "Bank Account" single sits behind him at #12. Khalid debuts a new one alongside EDM producer Marshmello, and has a total of four songs on the Hot 100. Aside from his hit, there are no other new songs to report on the Hot 100.