Legendary rapper and producer of D.I.T.C, Lord Finesse, has reimagined classic Motown Records for his latest offering, Lord Finesse Presents - Motown State Of Mind. The new project from Lord Finesse takes on timeless classics from Motown's legendary roster such as early Michael Jackson records like, "I Wanna Be Where You Are." He also flips records like Eddie Kendricks' "Body Talk" and Sisters Love's "Now Is The Time."
“I’m my own worst critic. If I like it, I don’t think no one can really tell me anything,” he said in a press release, describing the body of remixes as his “best project to date.”
Check out the project and tracklist below.
- I Wanna Be Where You Are (Underboss Remix) - Michael Jackson
- I Want You (Underboss Remix) - Marvin Gaye
- I Like It (Soul Synopsis Mix) - DeBarge
- There'll Never Be (Solidified Soul Mix) - Switch
- Body Talk (TBG Mix) - Eddie Kendricks
- Now Is The Time (The Mack Revisited Mix) - Sisters Love
- Tribute Medley: I Want You Back/ABC/The Love You Save (Underboss Remix) - Jackson 5