Jay Z ranks his own albums from best to worst for his birthday.
As you're probably aware by now, Jay Z celebrated his 44th birthday today. We did a list of our own for Hov, looking at some of his top album tracks but the rapper decided to post a list of his own on his Life + Times blog, and it's definitely of interest.
Jay posted a photo of all his solo albums and ranked them, even offering some insight as to why he put things where he did. Peep the ranking from 1-12 below and let us know if you agree or disagree.
This follows Hov's announcement that he's going vegan.
1. Reasonable Doubt (Classic)
2. The Blueprint (Classic)
3. The Black Album (Classic)
4. Vol. 2 (Classic)
5. American Gangster (4 1/2, cohesive)
6. Magna Carta (Fuckwit, Tom Ford, Oceans, Beach, On the Run, Grail)
7. Vol. 1 (Sunshine kills this album…fuck… Streets, Where I’m from, You Must Love Me…)
8. BP3 (Sorry critics, it’s good. Empire (Gave Frank a run for his money))
9. Dynasty (Intro alone…)
10. Vol. 3 (Pimp C verse alone… oh, So Ghetto)
11. BP2 (Too many songs. Fucking Guru and Hip Hop, ha)
12. Kingdom Come (First game back, don’t shoot me)