Valee & Jeremih's "Womp Womp" is the runner-up
Jay Rock's "Win" was undoubtedly one of the songs of the summer. The track was getting regular rotations from DJ's in the club, at concerts and on the radio. While Jay Rock doesn't necessarily have the mainstream as his labelmate Kendrick Lamar, he got a major look for "Win" after it was included on the season four premiere of Ballers. According to new reports, the inclusion of "Win" helped the song land the number one song on the Top TV Songs chart.
Jay Rock's "Win" takes the lead on Hollywood Reporter's Top TV Songs chart for August 2018. The rankings for Top TV Songs chart are determined by song and show data from Tunefind. It's also ranked using a formula which blends Shazam tags and sales and streaming information from Nielsen Music during the period.
In addition to Jay Rock's "Win," Valee and Jeremih sit at number 2 with "Womp Womp" after it was included on HBO's Insecure. The list includes four songs from Insecure including "Cold War" by Cautious Clay, "Easy" by Anna Wise and Xavier Omar and "Life's A Bitch" by Radiant Children.
Buddy and A$AP Ferg also made the list with "Black." Like Jay Rock's "Win," the song was included on Ballers and landed at number 7 on the chart.
Peep the full list below.
1. “WIN,” Jay Rock, Ballers (HBO)
2. “Womp Womp,” Valee featuring Jeremih, Insecure (HBO)
3. “Cold War,” Cautious Clay, Insecure (HBO)
4. “Easy,” Anna Wise & Xavier Omär, Insecure (HBO)
5. “Love & Hate,” Michael Kiwanuka, Animal Kingdom (TNT)
6. “Pa’lante,” Hurray for the Riff Raff, Sharp Objects (HBO)
7. “Black,” Buddy featuring A$AP Ferg, Ballers (HBO)
8. “Ghost,” The Acid, Sharp Objects (HBO)
9. “Life’s A Bitch,” Radiant Children, Insecure (HBO)
10. “Mercy Now,” Mary Gauthier, Yellowstone (Paramount)