"We have a good trail of evidence that leads to James Harden's involvement."
Moses Malone Jr., son of NBA legend Moses Malone, filed an amendment to a civil lawsuit yesterday, alleging that James Harden orchestrated an assault and robbery last summer in retaliation for a Facebook post that offended Harden.
According to ESPN, Moses Malone Jr. was beaten and robbed of his jewelry by four armed men outside of V Live Houston on June 25th of last year, and they allegedly referenced a Facebook post that criticized Harden during the assault.
The post, which Malone published one day before the assault, called out Harden for charging $249 for his basketball camp, which Malone said shut out inner-city children.
Malone's lawyer, George Farah told ESPN,
"All the stories that we've heard from all the witnesses were pretty consistent that James Harden was pretty upset about the Facebook post that was posted the night before the attack," Farah told ESPN on Tuesday morning. "There were text messages between Moses and some of James Harden's friends. ... We have a good trail of evidence that leads to James Harden's involvement to this."
Four men have since been arrested in connection with the assault, including Darian Blount, a security guard at the now-closed club.
The original lawsuit, which was filed in September, alleges that Blount stopped Malone as he attempted to enter the club, and then directed a group of armed men to beat and rob Malone. The suit also states that Malone was repeatedly kicked and punched in the face, had his diamond earrings ripped out, and was robbed of other jewelry before the assailants entered the club with Blount.