Brooklyn singer Halley Hiatt's new submission finds her remixing Ghostface Killah by pairing his verse from "I Wish You Were Here" with an obscure RZA beat. After letting the track breathe, she enters with some delicate harmonies over Ghost's rhymes, before taking over the track herself. It's a throwback to some of the grittier R&B of the 90s as she takes a different approach to the nostalgia many artists in her genre are currently pursuing. You can find more of Hiatt's music, including similar covers and edits, on her official SoundCloud page.
If you'd like to have your song featured on the site you can submit music for consideration here. The official rules for Heatseekers can be found below.
- Submissions are always open.
- You may submit a maximum of 1 SONG per day.
- SONG submissions must be a Youtube or SoundCloud link.
- SONGS are reviewed weekly by our staff.
- Every Saturday and Sunday, we will feature two songs from our submissions on the homepage.
- DO NOT submit the same SONG within the same weekly cycle. Duplicate content will be deleted by our system.
- NO FREESTYLES, original production only.
- Any attempts to SPAM our system will result in automatic disqualification and banned accounts.