DJ Khaled and Tinashe are bowing out.
One of the biggest names in hip-hop, DJ Khaled, was supposed to grace this year's New York State fair with a special performance at the Chevy Court stage. Now, reports from Syracuse.com indicate that he, along with R&B singer Tinashe, are bowing out of their commitments to perform there.
Khaled was originally supposed to perform on August 26th and is reportedly reneging on the booking because he's been offered a performance slot at the MTV Video Music Awards, which takes place the next night. He's not the only one who's had a chance of heart about the NYS event this year, with Post Malone also cancelling his show after he received an invite from MTV to do the same.
Tinashe, on the other hand, hasn't given a clear reason for why she won't be participating in this year's festivities. She was recently seen in the same area though, performing at Hot 107.9's Birthday Bash concert in Liverpool. Migos are the lone notable hip-hop act that has yet to cancel their NYS booking.
With three performance slots to fill, the NYS organizing committee will have to scramble for replacements. The event runs from August 23rd to September 4th. As of right now, the general lineup is as follows:
- Robert Randolph, 2 p.m., Aug. 23
- 3 Doors Down, 8 p.m., Aug. 23
- The Family Stone, 2 p.m., Aug. 24
- Chevelle, 8 p.m., Aug. 24
- The Fabulous Thunderbirds, 2 p.m., Aug. 25
- The Beach Boys, 7 p.m., Aug. 25
- TBA 2 p.m., Aug. 26
- Symphoria, 8 p.m., Aug. 26
- TBA, 2 p.m., Aug. 27
- Earth, Wind & Fire, 8 p.m., Aug. 27
- Herman's Hermits starring Peter Noone, 2 p.m., Aug. 28
- Kansas, 8 p.m., Aug. 28
- Marshall Tucker Band, 2 p.m., Aug. 29
- Daya, 8 p.m., Aug. 29
- Taylor Dayne, 2 p.m., Aug. 30
- Bret Michaels, 8 p.m., Aug 30
- Skid Row, 2 p.m. Aug. 31
- LeAnn Rimes, 8 p.m., Aug. 31
- A Tribe Called Red, 2 p.m., Sept. 1
- Blue Oyster Cult, 8 p.m., Sept. 1
- TBA, 2 p.m., Sept. 2
- DNCE, 8 p.m., Sept. 2
- Spin Doctors, 2 p.m., Sept. 3
- Migos, 8 p.m., Sept. 3
- UB40, 1 p.m., Sept. 4
- Kool and the Gang, 6 p.m. Sept. 4