Solange has topped the charts for the first time with "A Seat At The Table."
There's four new records in the top 10 this week, but the #1 spot belongs to Solange Knowles with A Seat at the Table. Drake, the Suicide Squad soundtrack, and Travis Scott all keep her company in the top 10 spots. Rihanna and Kanye West stick in the top 20, while Beyonce, Frank Ocean, DJ Khaled, and Chance the Rapper trickle into the 30s. Other notable hip hop debuts are Dave East's Kairi Chanel at the #38 spot, and T.I.'s new EP Us or Else at #175.
1) Solange — A Seat at the Table: Solange's surprise record features Lil Wayne, Sampha, Q-Tip, and more, enough to take it to the #1 spot. Of course, let's not undermine Solange's contribution to the work, as the artist has credits as writer and producer on every song on the album. The record debuts with 72,268 TAEU and 45,844 pure sales.
2) Drake – VIEWS: Coming in at #3, right behind Bon Iver's new LP, is Drake with VIEWS. The album spent last week at #2, and hasn't strayed too far away from the #1 position it spent most of the summer at. This week, Drake tacks on 46,893 TAEU and 6,813 in pure sales to the whopping success.
3) Various Artists – Suicide Squad: The Album: The Suicide Squad soundtrack is spending its 9th week on the charts at #4. The album features the likes of Rick Ross, Wiz Khalifa, and Lil Wayne, enough to do 38,021 TAEU and 12,375 sales this week.
4) Travis Scott – Birds in the Trap Sing McKnight: Travis Scott's newest LP comes in at #10, riding high with features from Kendrick Lamar, Young Thug, and Kid Cudi. The record slings 23,700 TAEU and 2,039 pure sales in its 5th week on the charts.
5) Rihanna – ANTI: Rihanna's ANTI bounces back out of the top 10 this week, coming in at #12 from last week's stint at #9. Her eighth studio album pulls 21,228 TAEU and 4,070 pure sales this time around.
6) Kanye West – The Life of Pablo: Kanye West is dealing with family drama, but at least The Life of Pablo had one album sale this week! Coming in at the same #18 spot he was in last week, the record also tallies 18,932 TAEU in addition to that lone sale of the record.
7) Beyonce — LEMONADE: While her sister sits at #1, Beyonce is hanging at the #22 spot. LEMONADE counts 16,850 TAEU and 11,703 pure sales during this, 24th week on the charts.
8) Frank Ocean – Blonde: The long-awaited return from the Odd Future affiliate comes in at #28. Blonde has generally received ecstatic reviews despite having monstrous expectations, and it does 15,485 TAEU and 3,322 sales this week.
9) DJ Khaled — Major Key: They don't want DJ Khaled to win, but he keeps winnin' anyhow! The Miami resident comes in at #33 this week, down from last week's appearance at #27, and adds 15,037 TAEU and 3,304 pure sales to its story of success.
10) Chance The Rapper — Coloring Book: Chance The Rapper continues his thunderous 2016 by appearing at #34 on the charts this week. Coloring Book isn't for sale, but it tallies 13,955 TAEU via streams.
The Chainsmokers hang on to the #1 spot this week, but The Weeknd and Daft Punk are right behind them at #2 this time around. Abel Tesfaye also debuted "False Alarm" at #63. Meanwhile, D.R.A.M. and Lil Yachty continue to climb up the charts with "Broccoli," moving up from #8 to #6. We'll see if either of these songs have what it takes to dethrone the EDM duo next week. Elsewhere, Solange, with the #1 album in the country, debuts a couple of her A Seat at the Table tracks on the Hot 100, and The Game and Jeremih debut "All Eyez" at #100.