Migos reigns supreme.
This week a trio of new releases have taken over the top three spots on the Billboard 200, with #1 going to Migos and #3 going to Kehlani. Joining them in the top ten are The Weeknd, Bruno Mars and Post Malone, with Drake, J. Cole, Rihanna and Travis Scott following up in the top 20. New Edition debuts at #37 after some viral success due to their new BET series.
1) Migos — Culture: The boys from Atlanta did it! They scored the #1 album in America, securing it with the success of "Bad and Boujee," and a full-length's worth of other bangers. Featuring the likes of Gucci Mane, 2 Chainz, and Travis Scott, Migos move 131,193 TAEU (total album equivalent units) and 44,452 sales during Culture's first week on the charts.
2) Kehlani — SweetSexySavage: Kehlani's first studio album debuts at #3, beating out everyone but Migos and Brantley Gilbert. The 21-year-old pop star follows up her 2015 mixtape with 58,010 TAEU and 31,845 sales. Not bad for her first appearance on the Billboard 200!
3) The Weeknd — Starboy: The former #1 album lands at #4 this week after a trio of new releases displaced it. Starboy still has the wheels to do 50,572 TAEU and 10,008 sales as tracks like "I Feel It Coming" and "Starboy" continue to rule the airwaves.
4) Bruno Mars — 24K Magic: Bruno's 24K Magic falls from #4 to #7 this week, also feeling the heat from the five new releases in the top 10 this week. The record is still hot, though, doing 30,918 TAEU and 15,220 sales in its 11th week on the charts.
5) Post Malone — Stoney: At #9 is Post Malone's debut album Stoney. The record has spent 8 weeks on the charts, including a strong debut at #6 before falling way back and crawling up again. This time around, the album clocks 27,311 TAEU and 2,992 sales.
6) Drake – VIEWS: After 40 weeks on the charts, Drake's VIEWS is still towards the top. Coming in at #13 this week, the hottest album of 2016 moves 24,635 TAEU and 3,426 sales despite dropping out of the top 10.
7) J. Cole — 4 Your Eyez Only: Moving from #10 to #15 is J. Cole with his fourth studio album, 4 Your Eyez Only. After being released 8 weeks ago, the album still has what it takes to do 21,188 TAEU and 5,727 sales.
8) Rihanna — Anti: Rihanna is in at #17 with her eighth studio album Anti. The record is still slaying the radio stations, with virtually every track seeming to be in rotation. It's enough to help her retrieve 20,111 TAEU and 3,110 sales this week.
9) Travis Scott — Birds in the Trap Sing McKnight: Travis Scott's sophomore studio release is at #20 this week, with a little help from big-name features from Kendrick Lamar, Kid Cudi, and Andre 3000. Birds in the Trap tallies 17,051 TAEU and 1,494 sales during this cycle.
10) Rae Sremmurd — SremmLife 2: At #22 are the Rae Sremmurd boys with SremmLife 2. Though they've dropped three spots since last week, the album still clocks 15,449 TAEU and 960 sales.
While Migos have claimed the #1 album in the country, they've oddly enough been dethroned by a new #1 song in the country. Ed Sheeran takes the top spot with "Shape Of You," pushing Migos back to #1 with "Bad and Boujee." The Atlanta trio have 8 songs in total on the Hot 100. Machine Gun Kelly, Kendrick Lamar, The Weeknd, Drake, and Rae Sremmurd all take up real estate in the top 10 as well. The Weeknd's "I Feel It Coming" continues to climb, a steady trend in its starlife, while Major Lazer with Nicki Minaj and PARTYNEXTDOOR and Missy Elliott all have new tracks in the Hot 100.