Davis speaks on trade demands, says he intends to play once healthy.
Anthony Davis addressed the media on Friday for the first time since his trade demands went public earlier in the week.
Speaking with reporters, Davis said he and his agent Rich Paul "never wanted it go public."
"It’s my time. I feel like I gave this city, the organization, fans everything I felt like I could. Don't know how long I'm gonna play this game. People's careers are short. I feel like it's my time to move on."
The 25-year old All Star has been out of the Pelicans lineup since sustaining a finger injury on January 18. According to Marc Stein of The New York Times, there "is a scenario under consideration" in which New Orleans would keep Davis on the sidelines for the remainder of the season "in the name of protecting its prized trade asset rather than playing him."
Davis told reporters today that he intends to play once he's healthy enough, although he understands that New Orleans "have every right" to hold him out of the lineup. "I'm going to remain professional," Davis told reporters. "I'm under contract, until my time ends here, that's what I'll do."