Adidas Dame 4 makes its retail debut tomorrow.
Adidas has finally unveiled Dame 4, the fourth signature sneaker of Portland Trailblazers point guard Damian Lillard. Designed to eliminate distractions, Dame 4 is rooted in all day comfort and versatility to support Dame’s Oakland grit and relentless hustle.
The Adidas Dame 4 is seamlessly designed with focus and function in mind, ensuring sock-like comfort and fastened stability so Dame can attack the opposition. A ventilated mesh upper increases airflow and maximizes breathability while the supportive lace cables reinforce fit, keeping the foot locked in.
The kicks feature full-length Bounce cushioning, which provides ultimate court feel, superior comfort and versatility for movement on the court. Designed with unique grooves for creating space against defenders, an evolved traction pattern is reworked as a nod to Dame’s quick cuts and hard drives to the basket.
Full-length Bounce cushioning converges with the outsole, visually treated as a musical waveform that represents Dame D.O.L.L.A.’s passion for hip-hop. YKWTII is displayed on the heel as a message to all the doubters, reminding them “You Know What Time It Is” in reference to Dame’s ability to takeover the game. DAME CERTIFIED is featured on the sockliner with the motto “Patience Persistence Purpose” to further exude Dame’s unrelenting attitude.
Additionally, the Dame 4 pays tribute to Lillard's journey from Oakland to Portland. The tongue of the shoe highlights Dame’s most influential moments on the court with signature time stamps etched across the lace-band:
- 35.12 – Breakout game stats that put Damian Lillard on coaches’ maps in high school
- 25.6.4 – Nation-leading stats that got Dame noticed during his final season at Weber State
- 6 – Selected as the No. 6 overall pick and averaged 19 points, 6.5 assists and 3.1 rebounds per game to earn 2013 Rookie of the Year
- 0.9 – With just .9 seconds remaining on the clock, Dame drained a game-winning three-pointer at the buzzer in 2014 and Dame Time was officially born
- 0 – 0% chance critics gave Dame on his journey from Oakland to Ogden to Oregon
The Adidas Dame 4 will make its retail debut in both the White/Black/Red and "Legacy" colorway on October 4th for $115 on adidas.com and October 6th in store.
Allow Dame to take you through the Dame 4's details in the video below.