Jeezy, formerly Young Jeezy, is one of the more successful artists to come out of Atlanta in the last decade. Like the Clipse before him (and Pusha T to this day), his subject matter is dominated by cocaine. He's a hustler.
Since getting his start in the Bay Boy Records collective Boyz N Da Hood in 2004, he's gone on to release 12 mixtapes, four studio albums and two independent full-length projects, and has collaborated with the likes of Mannie Fresh, Akon, Jay Z, R. Kelly, Keyshia Cole, Kanye West, Nas, Lil Wayne, T.I., Andre 3000, Plies, Ne-Yo, Future, 2 Chainz and many more. He also owns and operates his own imprint, CTE (Corporate Thugz Entertainment) World, which is currently home to Slick Pulla, Boo Rossini, Tone Trump, Wink Loc, Doughboyz Cashout and YG.
Most recently, CTE signed with Roc Nation after a falling-out with Freddie Gibbs, who was briefly signed to the label from 2011-2012, but left due to multiple differences, creative and otherwise. Unfortunately, Jeezy's also been dealing with a bit of legal trouble, but nonetheless, his hustle continues, in one form or another. Bundle up.
- Although an Atlanta representative through and through, he was born in Columbia, South Carolina.
- He opened his home to victims of Hurricane Katrina in 2009.
- His albums The Inspiration and Let's Get It: Thug Motivation 101 have both been certified Platinum.
- Jeezy dabbles in acting, having appeared in the 2009 film Janky Promoters.
- In 1994, he spent nine months at Georgia's Youth Challenge Academy for drug possession.
- Jeezy has two sons, Shyheim and Jadarius.
- Jeezy has described his childhood as "empty".
- He's been nominated for four GRAMMYs, although he's never won.
- In September 2007, he totalled his Lamborghini outside of Diddy's "Justin's" restaurant in Atlanta.
- Jeezy is a Libra.
- Come Shop Wit Me2003
- TM:103 Hustlerz Ambition2011
- Let's Get It: Thug Motivation 1012005
- The Inspiration2006
- The Recession2008
- Thuggin' Under the Influence (T.U.I.)2001