About Ying Yang Twins
Ah, the Ying Yang Twins... other than Lil Jon & The East Side Boyz (y'all remember "Get Low", we're sure), they were the foremost poster children of the CRUNK movement, also having pioneering of the current twerking epidemic. The duo consists of members Kaine and D-Roc, who rose to mainstream recognition in the early 2000s after the success of their singles "Shake", "Salt Shaker", "What's Happnin'" and "Badd". Throughout their intermittent 17-year career, they've collaborated with the likes of Trick Daddy, Pitbull, DJ Laz, Level, Mr. Collipark, Kid Money, Tone Bone, DJ Blak, JusRythm, Homebwoi, The HoodRatz and many more. The last we heard of them was their October 2013 mixtape Twurk Or Die, which included a tribute to Miley Cyrus titled "Miley Cyrus". Unfortunately, D-Roc was recently arrested and charged with battery, amongst other things. Stay tuned for updates on their career.
- They were discovered by TVT Records A&R Bryan Leach.
- The Ying Yang Twins' debut single "Whistle While You Twurk" (2000) peaked at No. 17 on the U.S. R&B / Hip-Hop chart.
- Their "Halftime" single is played at New Orleans Saints home games after touchdowns.
- In 2005, member D-Roc formed the group Da Muzicianz with his younger brothers Da Birthday Boy and Mr. Weeny.
- The Ying Yang Twins were featured on Lil Jon's 2002 hit single "Get Low".