Wale is a key player in Rick Ross' Maybach Music Group, adding his unique go-go infused approach to the mix. He was discovered by producer Mark Ronson. after his track "Dig Dug (Shake It)" blew up in his native Washington, D.C.
Throughout Folarin's 8-year career, he’s collaborated with Kid Cudi, Bun B, Gucci Mane, Dj Khaled, Ace Hood, Big Sean, Vado, The Game, Mario, Big K.R.I.T., Wiz Khalifa, Tyga, Nas, Jadakiss, French Montana, Future, Fabolous, Mac Miller, Drake, Waka Flocka Flame, Skrillex, Fun, Pusha T, Iggy Azalea, Audio Push, Problem, Nicki Minaj, Lil Reese, Rick Ross, Meek Mill, Black Cobain, Mark Ronson, Chrisette Michelle and more.
Most recently, he appeared on a remix of Rick Ross' "No Games" single and called out Complex for omitting him from their 50 Best Albums Of 2013 list (again). Also, his latest album The Gifted debuted at #1 on the Billboard 200, and he’s currently on the international "What Dreams May Come Tour" with J. Cole. Oh yeah, he may or may not have a go-go album in the works. Stay tuned.
- Wale is of Nigerian descent, specifically the Yoruba ethnic group.
- He spent time in Austria as a child.
- Wale attended Gaithersburg, Maryland's Quince Orchard High School.
- Wale is the first cousin of actor Gbenga Akinnagbe.
- Wale was awarded football scholarships by Virginia State University and Robert Morris University, but transferred to Bowie State University before dropping out entirely.
- Wale was kicked off Virginia State University's football team.
- George Michael's "Careless Whisper" is one of Wale's favorite songs.
- The Monkees were one of Wale's early musical inspirations.
- His favorite restaurant is Oohs & Ahhs Soul Food in Washington, D.C.
- Wale's father is a cab driver.
- The Gifted2013
- Attention: Deficit2009
- 100 Miles & Running: Mixed By Nick Catchdubs2007