About Chris Webby
Chris Webby, a talented freestyler and rapper, has gained a reputation for his clever stoner raps and party anthems chock full of pop culture references. He first gained a reputation as a talented freestyler, performing at frat parties at Hostra University. However, following an attempted robbery he saw himself getting kicked out of college (as well as serving a week in jail) and began focusing on music full-time. He has released seven mixtapes, working with an array of talented artists such as Mac Miller (whom he often drawn comparison), Kid Ink and Prodigy. Founder of his own record label, Homegrown Music, Chris Webby has released seven mixtapes through his label, and gained distribution via eOne Music for his latest EP, also titled Homegrown Music. His seventh mixtape was hosted by the famed DJ Drama and his upcoming album will be called Chemically Imbalanced, to be released in early 2014.
- He cites Eminem as one of his biggest influences.
- Chris Webby has insinuated that he wishes to keep up with Homegrown Music, as opposed to signing under some other imprint, as he hopes to maintain his creative freedom and expand on his own label.
- He takes aderall while recording in the studio to combat his attention deficit disorder.
- Known for referencing cartoons from the 90's and early 2000's, Webby's sixth mixtape is called Webster's Laboratory, a reference to Cartoon Network's Dexter's Labratory.
- Webby refers to his fans as "Ninjas."