Singer-songwriter and Chicago-native Jeremih is the artist who can turn a track into a hit with his smooth voice. The twenty-six-year-old began his career in 2008, and has since released two studio-albums, one mixtape, and has been featured on several big-time tracks including Fabolous' "My Time", and Meek Mill's "Amen" that also features Drake. His debut single "Birthday" Sex” peaked at number four on the Billboard charts in 2009.
Over the course of his career, Jeremih has collaborated with many artists including 50 Cent, Lil Wayne, Ludacris, Fabolous, Lloyd Banks, Wale, Plies, Diggy, Travis Porter, Meek Mill, DJ Drama, Game, Ace Hood, Gucci Mane, R. Kelly, French Montana, Funkmaster Flex, DJ Khaled, and Jim Jones, and several others.
In 2013, Jeremih announced that he hired Diddy as his manager and that he will be producing his third studio-album Thumpy Johnson. He also announced that he is working on a joint EP with producer Shlohmo. Expect both projects to drop in 2014.
(Hit up http://www.jeremih.com/ for more details.)
- He taught himself how to play several instruments as a child, including drums and saxophone.
- Jeremih's debut single "Birthday Sex" peaked at No. 4 on the Billboard Hot 100.
- He enrolled in Columbia College Chicago in 2007 to pursue a business degree, and ultimately met producer Mark Schultz who he worked with.
- Jeremih may or may not be Jason Derulo's brother.
- He toured alongside Lil Wayne, Young Jeezy and Soulja Boy in 2009.
- Jeremih attended Chicago's Morgan Park High School.
- Jeremih's self-titled debut album peaked at No. 6 on the US Billboard 200.
- He was the subject of protest in 2009 after he was selected to campaign for Chicago children to return to school; some felt that his music was inappropriate for students because it “promotes teen sex”.
- He shot a video in 3D for his hit-single “Down on Me” featuring 50 Cent, but it was not used as the official music video.
- Jeremih is a Cancer.
- All About You2010