About French Montana
Coke Boy Numero Uno needs little introduction at the moment - he's poppin', as they say. Since emigrating to the South Bronx from Morocco in his early teens, French Montana has gone on to found his own imprint (Coke Boys), sign with Diddy's Bad Boy Records and Rick Ross' Maybach Music Group, release twenty mixtapes and a studio album, and generally rub shoulders with hip-hop's elite.
Throughout his ten-year rap hustle, he's collaborated with the likes of Meek Mill, Nicki Minaj, Fabolous, YG, Wiz Khalifa, Joe Budden, Curren$y, Nelly, T-Pain, Ne-Yo, Chief Keef, 2 Chainz, Big Sean, A$AP Rocky, Lil Wayne, Wale, E-40, Problem and more, as well as those mentioned above.
Most recently, he released the Coke Boys 4 compilation (featuring new signee Lil Durk), was spotted in the studio with Jennifer Lopez and announced the fact that the fourth instalment in his Mac & Cheese mixtape series would actually be his sophomore studio album (which is slated to drop in 2014). Oh yeah, he's also a close friend of Max B, which makes him wavy by association. #FREEMAXB
- The incarcerated Max B is not only French's close friend but his favorite rapper as well.
- He has a young son named Kruz with his ex-wife Deen Kharbouch.
- French was briefly signed to Akon's Konvict Muzik imprint.
- He's never spent more than a few days in jail, thankfully.
- French speaks English, Arabic and French.
- He engaged in a bit of beef with 50 Cent in 2012 that lingers to this day.
- French Montana is a Scorpio.
- His 2012 single "Pop That" peaked at No. 36 on the Billboard Hot 100.
- French Montana survived a bullet to the back of the head.
- His first big rap money purchase was a million-dollar Rolls-Royce Ghost.
- Excuse My French2013