About Bobby V
Bobby V, formerly known as Bobby Valentino, is a singer-songwriter from Jackson, Mississippi. Influenced by legendary artists Michael Jackson and Marvin Gaye, among others, Bobby V decided to pursue a singing career. With his smooth voice he was able to achieve award-winning success. Since beginning his music career in 1996, he has released five studio albums, four mixtapes, and several other projects. His first three albums reached number one on the US R&B charts, the first of which, “Bobby Valentino” certified gold. Over the course of his career, Bobby V has collaborated with many notable artists, including Lil Wayne, Timbaland, Yung Joc, Plies, Nicki Minaj, Twista, K. Michelle, Ludacris, Chingy, Huey, Chamillionaire, Playaz Circle, Young Chris, Lil Boosie, Juvenile, Gucci Mane, Hurricane Chris, E-40, and OJ da Juiceman, and numerous others. In January 2013, he was carjacked at gunpoint in Atlanta. He gave up his Bentley with no fight and walked away unharmed. His car was found near a transportation center and one of the suspects was arrested soon after the incident. The singer dropped an EP titled “Peach Moon” in December 2013. Since then he has yet to announce any plans for an upcoming project.
- He auditioned for the first season of American Idol but did not make the cut.
- He was the first R&B artist signed to Ludacris’ Disturbing tha Peace label, and was featured on Luda’s hit single “Pimpun’ All Over the World”.
- He attended Clark Atlanta University and majored in Mass Communications.
- He appeared on the first episode of the MTV show Once Upon A Prom.
- He was featured on Nicki Minaj’s platinum-certified album “Pink Friday: Roman Reloaded” alongside Lil Wayne on the track “Sex in the Lounge”.