About Black Milk
Black Milk is among the most notable rapper/producer combos in the hip-hop game today. The Detroit native began his music career in 2002, and three years later he released his first solo album Sound Of The City. To date, he has released five solo albums and several collaborative projects. He has produced tracks for scores of artists.
As a rapper and producer, Black Milk has collaborated with artists including Elzhi, Phat Kat, Slum Village, Mr. Porter, Dwele, Royce da 5’9”, Pharoahe Monch, Sean Price, Danny Brown, Black Thought, Robert Glasper, Canibus, Jake One, Nottz, Proof, Lloyd Banks, Skyzoo, Bishop Lamont, Guilty Simpson, KRS-One, Slaughterhouse and countless others.
In October 2013, Black Milk dropped his fifth solo album No Poison, No Paradise. He has yet to announce plans for an upcoming project, but he regularly drops projects and produces tracks, so keep on the look out for new music from Black Milk, and hit up blackmilk.biz for more details.
- He collaborated with Jack White on his single "Brain" in 2011.
- Black Milk handled most of the production on T3's "Olio" tape.
- He watched many live performances of bands during the 60s and they influenced his fourth solo album "Album of the Year".
- Black Milk got his start in 2004 as part of the group B.R. Gunna with Young RJ and Fat Ray.
- He listened to a lot of gospel music growing up in Detroit.
- Black Milk is part of the rap trio Random Axe alongside Sean Price and Guilty Simpson.
- He was living in Dallas as of 2013, but plans to move back to Michigan.
- He's heavily influenced by legendary producer J Dilla.
- Black Milk's other musical influences include De La Soul, Easy Mo Bee, A Tribe Called Quest, The Roots and Pete Rock.
- Black Milk is a Leo.
- Album Of The Year2010
- Popular Demand2007
- Glitches In The Break (EP)2014
- No Poison, No Paradise2013
- Sound Of The City Vol. 12005
- Broken Wax (EP)2006