- Top Tracks: June 8- June 14Jun 16, 2015 at 11:53amGood news, y’all. We no longer have to write about Weeknd tracks that have been pulled. This past week was a tumultuous one at the top of our Top 100 charts, with dead tracks and other hangers-on being flushed out in a wave of new Weezy music. Let’s get to it. 10) Turk ft. Lil Wayne – You Mad Yet? (Remix)
- Turk Files Default Motion After Cash Money Ignores His LawsuitMay 2, 2015 at 02:51pmIn February, Turk, an original member of the Hot Boys, who released their first record with Cash Money in 1997, filed a lawsuit against his former label to the tune of $1.3 million. Initially, Cash Money was given until March 11, a three week deadline, to respond. Birdman & co. filed for an extension, pushing the deadline back one month further. April 11th has come and gone, and still no response from Cash Money.
- Turk Reportedly Suing Cash Money For $1.3 Million [Update: Cash Money Has Three Weeks To Respond]Feb 21, 2015 at 07:03pmAs a former member of Hot Boys, Turk's fortunes didn't exactly pan out like Lil Wayne's after the group fell apart. It looks like him and Weezy still have a few things in common though, because they're both looking to sue Cash Money. With Wayne currently asking Birdman's label for some $51 million in damages related to a delayed Carter V release date, Turk's suit pales in comparison, but is still pretty substantial.
- Catching Cases: Rappers Locked Up Too Early In Their CareerDec 21, 2014 at 04:32pmRap and jail time have had a close relationship ever since the Fat Boys rhymed about doing time for holding up a pizza place. Unfortunately, prison bids have stymied many promising careers over rap music's history. For every Tupac "out on bail, fresh outta jail, California dreamin'" there's five rap stars whose careers never recovered after doing time.
- Turk Says He & Lil Wayne Once Discussed Signing To Master P's No Limit RecordsApr 15, 2014 at 01:03amCould you imagine Lil Wayne & Turk not being a part of Cash Money Records? Well, apparently it was a real thought from the two young New Orleans rappers as Turk told Vlad TV that he and fellow Hot Boys member, Lil Wayne, once discussed whether or not they should sign with Master P’s No Limit Records. During a recent sit-down with Vlad TV, Turk spoke about wanting to be "hot", and how Master P offered a little more than Baby did at that time. Turk said:
- Turk Calls Out Lil Wayne, Birdman, & Mannie Fresh For Lack Of SupportNov 6, 2013 at 12:34amThings don't seem to be all good in the Cash Money familia. According to a recent statement from Turk, he’s on the outs with Lil Wayne, Juvenile, Birdman, and Mannie Fresh over lack of recent support.
- Former Hot Boy Turk Speaks On The Current Lil Wayne, Says He Doesn't Know HimJun 7, 2013 at 10:07amFormer Hot Boy Turk spent almost nine years in jail, which definitely put a halt on his rap career. During that time, his former group mate, Lil Wayne, became as big as ever, reaching mainstream status. Now that Turk is out of prison he's been releasing a steady flow of music, and in a recent interview, spoke on the distance between him and Wayne.
- Tracklist Revealed For Turk's "Blame It On The System"Feb 20, 2013 at 04:01pmFans of the former Hot Boy, Turk, having been waiting quite a while for the rapper to make a return to the game. All that changes on Friday, when he drops his mixtape Blame It On The System.