- The Twilite Tone Feat. Common, Lil Herb, King Louie, Saba "Put The Guns Down" VideoWhen Chief Keef affiliate Capo was shot and killed this summer, the attackers inadvertently ran over and killed a 1-year-old in a stroller as they fled the scene. It was a sequence of events that succinctly encapsulated Chicago's current gun violence epidemic, something a group of Chicago MCs is hoping to combat with a new video "Put the Guns Down."
- Tree "Milk Chin" VideoUnfortunately, Tree had to delay his upcoming mixtape, Trap Genius, by a week, but as compensation he's shared a video for a song from the project. "Milk Chin" gets its concept from Tree's visible birth mark just under his lower lip. According to the rapper, he was teased for his skin abnormality as a child, but has now decided to embrace his appearance.
- Tree's "TrapGenius" Documentary (Chicago's South Side)"Tree has released some dope stuff under his soul trap umbrella thus far, but it seems like he's taking things to the next level in preperation for his TrapGenius album. The soulful trap spitter is from Chicago, and as promo for the LP he gives us a glimpse inside the South Side of the Chi, filming there for a day. From the drug dealers to the addicts, we get a quick look at everything. If only it were a little more in-depth.
- Tree "SoulTrappin / I Believe" VideoOver the past several weeks, Chicago soul trap" artist Tree has been hitting us with "Treemixes" of hot tracks every Wednesday. This week, he shifts gears and revisits his @MCTREEG EP by dropping videos for "SoulTrappin" and "I Believe" in one compact clip. Rapping over the chipmunk soul production he often favors (Tree's practically the only one in Chicago, maybe even in the entire rap game, who seems devoted to carrying on that trend), Tree sing-raps in a gruff voice while shots of him rapping in the house and onstage play onscreen.
- Tree "God Like" VideoOne of our favorite raspy-voiced MCs delivered a new music video yesterday for one of his previous mixtape cuts, "God Like." Tree gets dapper on us, donning a suit for the visual and playing the piano while smoking a cigarette. The video is directed by Andrew Zeiter and Bryan Lamb. "God Like" appeared on Tree's EP with Scion AV, THE @MCTREEG EP which is available to download on HNHH here.
- Tree "Like Whoa" VideoAfter dropping an unreleased gem produced by Thelonious Martin yesterday ("More Than You Know"), Tree returns today with a new visual from his recent EP, "THE @MCTREEG EP." "Like Whoa" was one of the early leaks off the project, and for the visual, Tree keeps things in the Chi as he celebrates his success in the rap game. Like Whoa.Experience Tree "Like Whoa" Video, a new offering from Tree, which was released on Wednesday, February 5th, 2014. Things are looking better for Tree with each new release, which Tree "Like Whoa" Video has proven yet again.
- Tree's Interview With Mass AppealMC Tree is fresh off the release of a new EP, "THE @MCTREEG EP," which serves as a nice introduction to the soul trap rapper #1, if you weren't already up on his "Sunday School" series. Now Tree was tapped by Mass Appeal for their "Off The Wall" series, where he discusses what kind of food his music would be if it were a food (he says jambalaya), what made him want to be a rapper, his pet peeves, his favorite new producer and more.Check out Tree's Interview With Mass Appeal, the latest visual from Tree, released on Wednesday, January 29th, 2014.