- Stream Tree's New Album, "Trap Genius"Feb 24, 2015 at 04:06pmTree is one of Chicago's hardest working rappers, and while he's garnered a fair bit of critical praise, he's yet to have his true breakthrough moment. From his well-received Sunday School mixtape series, to his most recent project, The MCTREEG EP, Tree has been on his game over the last few years, and he's hoping to build an even bigger buzz with the release of his brand new project, Trap Genius.He's shared the new record as a free stream today, giving us ten new tracks, including a collaboration with Blue Sky Black Death.
- Underrated Audio August 16- August 22Aug 23, 2014 at 09:41amUnderrated Audio aims to provide you with some dope looks from the last seven days that flew under most peoples' radars. While they may have received front-page placement on HNHH, they didn't get as many views as they deserve, so we shine a little more light on them right here.
- Underrated Audio: May 17- May 23May 24, 2014 at 10:14amUnderrated Audio aims to provide you with some dope looks from the last seven days, that flew under most peoples' radars. While they may have received front-page placement on HNHH, they didn't get as many views as they deserve, so we shine a little more light on them right here. For this week's edition of Underrated Audio we look to upcoming rappers such as Toronto's own Luu Breeze, Chicago's Lucki Eck$ (featured on the cover), Atlanta native Rome Fortune and more for some slept-on yet nice records.
- 10 Chicago Players From The UndergroundFeb 27, 2014 at 01:44pmIn December we cooked up 10 Detroit Players From The Underground. The feature was meant to give you a close look at rappers hailing from the D, who may not be on your radar/the mainstream radar. It was only right we move to another Midwest location for this next batch of artists, who all count themselves Chicago natives.
- Underrated Audio October 19- October 25Oct 26, 2013 at 03:05pmAs November fast approaches, we're all getting excited to hear Eminem's come-back (we hope) on MMLPII on November 5th. However, October 15th was also an important day for hip-hop, with three of the most dope and underrated emcees all dropping records: Boldy James, Dom Kennedy, and Black Milk. Dom Kennedy is sort of making his way out of that underrated category, with Get Home Safely receiving (most) of the praise its due.
- Underrated Audio: September 21- September 27Sep 28, 2013 at 03:56pmUnderrated Audio provides you with four tracks from a range of rappers with four quite different sounds. Rappers on today's list are hailing from Inglewood, Chicago, Washington D.C., and Indiana, and each of their tracks is reflective of the environment and area they grew up in. Peep joints from Tree, Skeme, ODDISEE, and Freddie Gibbs in the galleries above.
- Underrated Audio: May 7-13May 14, 2013 at 05:10pmYou know how it goes. We've grabbed some of the tracks we thought were overlooked this past week, and placed them all in one place (here) for your enjoyment. This week it really is about rappers that are overlooked (apart from Party Next Door, who is not a rapper at all). From Jon Connor, to Stalley, to Tree, it's generally agreed that these rappers don't get the credit they deserve, and they're often overshadowed by some of the more flashy rappers. These rappers don't need flash though, they've got bars.