Despite several prison bids of varying severity, T.I., AKA Tip, is one of the most successful Southern emcees currently working, having been ranked as the 27th "Artist Of The 2000s" by Billboard.
Throughout his 17-year career, the three-time GRAMMY-award-winner has collaborated with the likes of Rihanna, Kanye West, Jay Z, Lil Wayne, Young Jeezy, Pharrell Williams, Nelly, Young Buck, Eminem, DJ Drama, P!nk, Dj Khaled, Future, Gucci Mane, Chris Brown, Tyrese, Dr. Dre, Drake, Christina Aguilerea, Kid Cudi, Mary J. Blige, Usher, Iggy Azalea, Robin Thicke, Goodie Mob, Meek Mill, Destiny’s Child and many more.
Most recently, he signed a one-record deal with Columbia and has been coping with the loss of his artist Doe B, who was gunned down in Montgomery, Alabama in December of 2013. He’s currently working on his ninth studio album, as well as a new compilation from his Grand Hustle imprint, which is home to 8Ball & MJG, B.o.B., Killer Mike, Trae Tha Truth, Travi$ Scott, Young Dro, Spodee, Shad Da God and more. Stay tuned.
- T.I. started rapping at the age of 8.
- Big Kuntry King helped him get his start in 1996.
- He convinced a suicidal man not to jump from an Atlanta rooftop in 2010.
- His nickname "Tip" was also that of his great-grandfather.
- T.I. attended Georgia's Douglass High School, although he dropped out early.
- His "Rubber Band Man" nickname was inspired by the cutom of wearing rubber bands around the wrist to exhibit wealth.
- He's served two jail terms and a prison bid for federal weapons charges and probation violations.
- T.I. was raised by his grandparents.
- His father, Buddy Harris, suffered from Alzheimer's, eventually succumbing to the disease.
- T.I.'s first record deal was with Big Kuntry King's Ghet-O-Vision Entertainment.
- Let's Get Away2003
- Trouble Man Heavy Is The Head2012
- Be Easy2003
- Rubber Band Man2003
- No Mercy2010
- Trap Muzik2003
- Paper Trail2008
- T.I. Vs T.I.P.2007
- I’m Serious2001
- I'm Serious2001
- Urban Legend2004