1. Your Acceptance
www.hotnewhiphop.com (the “Website
”) is owned and operated by Urbanlinx Media,
”). By using or visiting the Website, YOU SIGNIFY YOUR ASSENT TO BOTH THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS
(the “terms of service
”). If you do not agree to any of these terms, then please do not use the Website.
2. Urbanlinx Website
These Terms of Service apply to all users of the Website, including users who are also contributors of artistic content, information,
and other materials or services on the Website. The Website may contain links to third party websites that are not owned or controlled
by Urbanlinx. Urbanlinx has no control over, and assumes no responsibility for, the content, privacy policies, or practices of any third
In addition, Urbanlinx will not and cannot censor or edit the content of any third-party site. By using the Website, you
expressly relieve Urbanlinx from any and all liability arising from your use of any third-party website. Accordingly, we encourage you
3. Website Access
- Urbanlinx hereby grants you permission to use the Website as set forth in this Terms of Service, provided that:
- your use of the Website as permitted is solely for your personal use;
- you will not copy or distribute any part of the Website in any medium without Urbanlinx’s
prior written authorization;
- you will not alter or modify any part of the Website other than as may be reasonably necessary to use the
Website for its intended purpose; and
- you will otherwise comply with the terms and conditions of these Terms of Service.
- In order to access some features of the Website, you may have to create an account. You may never use another’s account without permission.
When creating your account, you must provide accurate and complete information. You are solely responsible for the activity that occurs on
your account, and you must keep your account password secure. You must notify Urbanlinx immediately of any breach of security or unauthorized
use of your account. Although Urbanlinx will not be liable for your losses caused by any unauthorized use of your account, you may be liable
for the losses of Urbanlinx or others due to such unauthorized use.
4. Intellectual Property Rights
The content on the Website, except User Submissions (as defined below), including without limitation, the text, software, scripts, graphics,
photos, sounds, music, videos, interactive features and the like (“Content”) and the trademarks, service marks and logos contained therein (“Marks”),
are owned by or licensed to Urbanlinx, subject to copyright and other intellectual property rights under United States and foreign laws and
international conventions. Content on the Website is provided to you AS IS for your information and personal use only and may not be used,
copied, reproduced, distributed, transmitted, broadcast, displayed, sold, licensed, or otherwise exploited for any other purposes whatsoever
without the prior written consent of the respective owners. Urbanlinx reserves all rights not expressly granted in and to the Website and
the Content. You agree to not engage in the use, copying, or distribution of any of the Content other than expressly permitted herein,
including any use, copying, or distribution of User Submissions of third parties obtained through the Website for any commercial purposes.
If you download or print a copy of the Content for personal use, you must retain all copyright and other proprietary notices contained therein.
You agree not to circumvent, disable or otherwise interfere with security related features of the Website or features that prevent or restrict use
or copying of any Content or enforce limitations on use of the Website or the Content therein.
http://www.hotnewhiphop.com/privacy.html. By accepting the Terms of Service, you agree to
6. User Submissions
- The Website may now or in the future permit the submission of writings, art works or other visual images submitted by you and other users
(“User Submissions”) and the hosting, sharing, and/or publishing of such User Submissions. You understand that whether or
not such User Submissions are published, Urbanlinx does not guarantee any confidentiality with respect to any submissions.
- You shall be solely responsible for your own User Submissions and the consequences of posting or publishing them. In connection with
User Submissions, you affirm, represent, and/or warrant that:
- you own or have the necessary licenses, rights, consents, and permissions
to use and authorize Urbanlinx to use all patent, trademark, trade secret, copyright or other proprietary rights in and to any and all User
Submissions to enable inclusion and use of the User Submissions in the manner contemplated by the Website and these Terms of Service; and
- you have the written consent, release, and/or permission of each and every identifiable individual person in the User Submission to
use the name or likeness of each and every such identifiable individual person to enable inclusion and use of the User Submissions in the
manner contemplated by the Website and these Terms of Service.
For clarity, you retain all of your ownership rights in your User
However, by submitting the User Submissions to Urbanlinx, subject to a separately executed artist representation agreement whose terms shall
be fully binding upon you, you hereby grant Urbanlinx a license to use, reproduce, distribute, display, and perform the User Submissions in
connection with the Website and Urbanlinx’s (and its successor’s) business, including without limitation for promoting and redistributing part
or all of the Website (and derivative works thereof) in any media formats and through any media channels. You also hereby grant each user
of the Website a license to access your User Submissions through the Website, and to use, reproduce, distribute, display and perform such
User Submissions as permitted through the functionality of the Website and under these Terms of Service. The foregoing license granted by
you terminates once you remove or delete a User Submission from the Website.
- In connection with User Submissions, you further agree that you will not:
- submit material that is copyrighted, protected by trade
secret or otherwise subject to third party proprietary rights, including privacy and publicity rights, unless you are the owner of such
rights or have permission from their rightful owner to post the material and to grant Urbanlinx all of the license rights granted herein;
- publish falsehoods or misrepresentations that could damage Urbanlinx or any third party;
- submit material that is unlawful,
defamatory, libelous, harassing, hateful, or encourages conduct that would be considered a criminal offense, give rise to civil liability,
violate any law, or is otherwise inappropriate;
- post advertisements or solicitations of business:
- impersonate another person.
Urbanlinx expressly disclaims any and all liability in connection with User Submissions. Urbanlinx does not permit copyright infringing
activities and infringement of intellectual property rights on its Website, and Urbanlinx will remove all Content and User Submissions
if properly notified that such Content or User Submission infringes on another’s intellectual property rights. Urbanlinx reserves the
right to remove Content and User Submissions without prior notice. Urbanlinx will also terminate a User’s access to its Website,
if they are determined to be a repeat infringer. A repeat infringer is a User who has been notified of infringing activity more than
twice and/or has had a User Submission removed from the Website more than twice. Urbanlinx also reserves the right to decide whether
Content or a User Submission is appropriate and complies with these Terms of Service for violations other than copyright infringement
and violations of intellectual property law, such as, but not limited to defamatory material. Urbanlinx may remove such User Submissions
and/or terminate a User’s access for uploading such material in violation of these Terms of Service at any time, without prior notice
and at its sole discretion.
- In particular, if you are a copyright owner or an agent thereof and believe that any User Submission or other content infringes upon
your copyrights, you may submit a notification pursuant to the Digital Millennium Copyright Act (“DMCA”) by providing
our Copyright Agent with the following information in writing (see 17 U.S.C 512(c)(3) for further detail):
- A physical or electronic signature of a person authorized to act on behalf of the owner of an exclusive right that is allegedly infringed;
- Identification of the copyrighted work claimed to have been infringed, or, if multiple copyrighted works at a single online site are covered
by a single notification, a representative list of such works at that site;
- Identification of the material that is claimed to be infringing or to be the subject of infringing activity and that is to be removed or access
to which is to be disabled and information reasonably sufficient to permit the service provider to locate the material;
- Information reasonably sufficient to permit the service provider to contact you, such as an address, telephone number, and, if available, an electronic mail;
- A statement that you have a good faith belief that use of the material in the manner complained of is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law; and
- A statement that the information in the notification is accurate, and under penalty of perjury, that you are authorized to act on behalf of the owner of an exclusive
right that is allegedly infringed.
Urbanlinx’s designated Copyright Agent to receive notifications of claimed infringement is: copyright [at] hotnewhiphop [dot] com. For clarity, only DMCA notices should go
to the Copyright Agent; any other feedback, comments, requests for technical support, and other communications should be directed to Urbanlinx customer service through
http://www.hotnewhiphop.com. You acknowledge that if you fail to comply with all of the requirements of this
Section 5(D), your DMCA notice may not be valid.
Claimants who make misrepresentations concerning copyright infringement may be liable for damages incurred as a result of the removal or blocking of the material,
court costs, and attorneys’ fees.
- You understand that when using the Website, you will be exposed to User Submissions from a variety of sources, and that Urbanlinx is not responsible for the accuracy,
usefulness, safety, or intellectual property rights of or relating to such User Submissions. You further understand and acknowledge that you may
be exposed to User Submissions that are inaccurate, offensive, indecent, or objectionable, and you agree to waive, and hereby do waive,
any legal or equitable rights or remedies you have or may have against Urbanlinx with respect thereto, and agree to indemnify and hold Urbanlinx,
its Owners/Operators, affiliates, and/or licensors, harmless to the fullest extent allowed by law regarding all matters related to your use of the site.
- Images on the Website may have visible or embedded digital watermarks. Any attempt to remove, diminish or destroy these markings shall constitute
an immediate breach of this agreement and shall result in the suspension of the user’s use of the Website.
7. Warranty Disclaimer
YOU AGREE THAT YOUR USE OF THE RESOURCE WEBSITE SHALL BE AT YOUR SOLE RISK. TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW, RESOURCE,
ITS OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, EMPLOYEES, AND AGENTS DISCLAIM ALL WARRANTIES, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, IN CONNECTION WITH THE WEBSITE
AND YOUR USE THEREOF. RESOURCE MAKES NO WARRANTIES OR REPRESENTATIONS ABOUT THE ACCURACY OR COMPLETENESS OF THIS SITE’S CONTENT OR
THE CONTENT OF ANY SITES LINKED TO THIS SITE AND ASSUMES NO LIABILITY OR RESPONSIBILITY FOR ANY
- ERRORS, MISTAKES, OR INACCURACIES
- PERSONAL INJURY OR PROPERTY DAMAGE, OF ANY NATURE WHATSOEVER, RESULTING FROM YOUR ACCESS TO AND USE OF OUR WEBSITE,
- ANY UNAUTHORIZED ACCESS TO OR USE OF OUR SECURE SERVERS AND/OR ANY AND ALL PERSONAL INFORMATION AND/OR FINANCIAL INFORMATION STORED THEREIN,
- ANY INTERRUPTION OR CESSATION OF TRANSMISSION TO OR FROM OUR WEBSITE, (IV) ANY BUGS, VIRUSES, TROJAN HORSES, OR THE LIKE WHICH MAY BE
TRANSMITTED TO OR THROUGH OUR WEBSITE BY ANY THIRD PARTY, AND/OR
- ANY ERRORS OR OMISSIONSIN ANY CONTENT OR FOR ANY LOSS OR DAMAGE OF
ANY KIND INCURRED AS A RESULT OF THE USE OF ANY CONTENT POSTED, EMAILED, TRANSMITTED, OR OTHERWISE MADE AVAILABLE VIA THE RESOURCE WEBSITE.
RESOURCE DOES NOT WARRANT, ENDORSE, GUARANTEE, OR ASSUME RESPONSIBILITY FOR ANY PRODUCT OR SERVICE ADVERTISED OR OFFERED BY A THIRD PARTY THROUGH
THE RESOURCE WEBSITE OR ANY HYPERLINKED WEBSITE OR FEATURED IN ANY BANNER OR OTHER ADVERTISING, AND RESOURCE WILL NOT BE A PARTY TO OR IN ANY WAY
BE RESPONSIBLE FOR MONITORING ANY TRANSACTION BETWEEN YOU AND THIRD-PARTY PROVIDERS OF PRODUCTS OR SERVICES. AS WITH THE PURCHASE OF A PRODUCT OR
SERVICE THROUGH ANY MEDIUM OR IN ANY ENVIRONMENT, YOU SHOULD USE YOUR BEST JUDGMENT AND EXERCISE CAUTION WHERE APPROPRIATE.
8. Limitation of Liability
IN NO EVENT SHALL RESOURCE, ITS OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, EMPLOYEES, OR AGENTS, BE LIABLE TO YOU FOR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL,
PUNITIVE, OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES WHATSOEVER RESULTING FROM ANY
- ERRORS, MISTAKES, OR INACCURACIES OF CONTENT,
- PERSONAL INJURY OR
PROPERTY DAMAGE, OF ANY NATURE WHATSOEVER, RESULTING FROM YOUR ACCESS TO AND USE OF OUR WEBSITE,
- ANY UNAUTHORIZED ACCESS TO OR USE OF
OUR SECURE SERVERS AND/OR ANY AND ALL PERSONAL INFORMATION AND/OR FINANCIAL INFORMATION STORED THEREIN,
- ANY INTERRUPTION OR CESSATION OF
TRANSMISSION TO OR FROM OUR WEBSITE,
- ANY BUGS, VIRUSES, TROJAN HORSES, OR THE LIKE, WHICH MAY BE TRANSMITTED TO OR THROUGH OUR WEBSITE
BY ANY THIRD PARTY, AND/OR
- ANY ERRORS OR OMISSIONS IN ANY CONTENT OR FOR ANY LOSS OR DAMAGE OF ANY KIND INCURRED AS A RESULT OF YOUR USE
OF ANY CONTENT POSTED, EMAILED, TRANSMITTED, OR OTHERWISE MADE AVAILABLE VIA THE RESOURCE WEBSITE, WHETHER BASED ON WARRANTY, CONTRACT, TORT,
OR ANY OTHER LEGAL THEORY, AND WHETHER ORNOT THE COMPANY IS ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES.
THE FOREGOING LIMITATION OF LIABILITY
SHALL APPLY TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW IN THE APPLICABLE JURISDICTION.
YOU SPECIFICALLY ACKNOWLEDGE THAT RESOURCE SHALL NOT BE LIABLE FOR USER SUBMISSIONS OR THE DEFAMATORY, OFFENSIVE, OR ILLEGAL CONDUCT OF ANY
THIRD PARTY AND THAT THE RISK OF HARM OR DAMAGE FROM THE FOREGOING RESTS ENTIRELY WITH YOU.
Urbanlinx makes no representations that the Website is appropriate or available for use in other locations. Those who access or use the
Website from other jurisdictions do so at their own volition and are responsible for compliance with local law.
You agree to defend, indemnify and hold harmless Urbanlinx, its officers, directors, employees and agents, from and against any and all claims,
damages, obligations, losses, liabilities, costs or debt, and expenses (including but not limited to attorney’s fees) arising from:
- your use of and access to the Website;
- your violation of any term of these Terms of Service;
- your violation of any third party right, including without limitation any copyright, property, or privacy right; or
- any claim that one of your User Submissions caused damage to a third party. This defense and indemnification obligation
will survive these Terms of Service and your use of the Website.
10. Ability to Accept Terms of Service
You affirm that you are either more than 18 years of age, or an emancipated minor, or possess legal parental or guardian consent,
and are fully able and competent to enter into the terms, conditions, obligations, affirmations, representations,
and warranties set forth in these Terms of Service, and to abide by and comply with these Terms of Service.
These Terms of Service, and any rights and licenses granted hereunder, may not be transferred or assigned by you,
but may be assigned by Urbanlinx without restriction.
12. Return & Refund Policy
ALL SALES ARE FINAL AND NO REFUNDS WILL BE ISSUED AND URBANLINX IS UNABLE TO OFFER EXCHANGES.
You agree that: These Terms of Service, any artist representation agreements and any other legal notices
published by Urbanlinx on the Website, shall constitute the entire agreement between you and Urbanlinx concerning the
Website. If any provision of this agreement is in conflict with a provision in a signed artist representation agreement,
the artist representation agreement provision shall prevail. If any provision of these Terms of Service is deemed
invalid by a court of competent jurisdiction, the invalidity of such provision shall not affect the validity of the remaining
provisions of these Terms of Service, which shall remain in full force and effect. No waiver of any term of this these Terms of
Service shall be deemed a further or continuing waiver of such term or any other term, and Urbanlinx’s failure to assert any
right or provision under these Terms of Service shall not constitute a waiver of such right or provision. Urbanlinx reserves
the right to amend these Terms of Service at any time and without notice, and it is your responsibility to review these Terms
of Service for any changes. Your use of the Website following any amendment of these Terms of Service will signify your assent
to and acceptance of its revised terms. YOU AND RESOURCE AGREE THAT ANY CAUSE OF ACTION ARISING OUT OF OR RELATED TO THE RESOURCE
WEBSITE MUST COMMENCE WITHIN ONE (1) YEAR AFTER THE CAUSE OF ACTION ACCRUES. OTHERWISE, SUCH CAUSE OF ACTION IS PERMANENTLY BARRED.
Last Updated April 1, 2014