We're at a point where nostalgia no longer applies solely to 90s hip-hop. Your Old Droog, who's young enough to have been introduced to rap in the 00s, has decided to reflect on the good ol' days of the early aughts on his new freestyle.
"Tell Your Friends" is one of the hottest songs off The Weeknd's Beauty Behind the Madness. After Drake remixed it a few days ago, the homie Your Old Droog thought he'd try his hand at the song, in an effort officially known as "Tell Your Friends (5K
Earlier today we got to hear Your Old Droog's new EP, The Nicest, and if you were digging that, you now have a chance to win tickets to see the New York MC perform live.
Here goes another album stream, following up ones from Future (Dirty Sprite 2), Joell Ortiz and !llmind (Human) and Eric Bellinger (Cuffing Season). This stream comes courtesy of Staten Island MC Your Old Droog.
Your Old Droog reunites with DJ Skizz today, who handled some production on his Kinison EP in February, for the very funky and jazz-influenced "Senseless Killn' II." The New York rapper is going to be taking his talents to other parts of the world after d
Last August, Statik Selektah continued his run of guest-heavy, eclectic albums with the jam-packed What Goes Around..., and now he's announced that this will be the third summer in a row that we'll be getting a new album from him.
Statik Selektah is just starting to roll out his new album, Lucky 7 (a follow-up to last year's What Goes Around...), but before he gets things truly popping, he's dropped off a bonus cut that won't be on the project.
Earlier this year, PRhyme, Boldy James and Your Old Droog embarked on a nationwide tour together, bringing tastes of Detroit and New York to the rest of the country.
UK producers have become increasingly inspired by American hip hop over the last few years, and The Purist one of quite a few who's been reaching out to rising rappers for overseas collaborations.
Last week we featured some of the game's heaviest hitters on Samples Of The Week, with Action Bronson and The Alchemist getting jiggy over a classic drum break and Drake once again paying homage to country music star George Strait.
It's not every mixtape that name-drops Robert Johnson and names tracks after Sonic Youth. Your Old Droog's new Kinison EP does both of those things, as well as making an anti-rap comedy routine by the late comedian Sam Kinison its intro.
Last week, DJ EFN brought together two of hip-hop's most active political minds, Killer Mike and Crooked I, together for a song called "If U Run," and today he's back with another cut featuring some crazy names.
Now that Your Old Droog has been revealed to be his own man, and not Nas in disguise, he's free to show his considerable skills in freestyles at radio stations. His latest has him heading up to Shade 45 to kick a cipher on Tony Touch's Toca Tuesdays program.
Now that Your Old Droog has basically rid himself of the rumors that he is Nas, he's ready to unleash his debut album, which follows up an EP from earlier this year.
Now that we're past all of the Nas-in-disguise hoopla, Your Old Droog is free to do his thing without facing conspiracy theorists or unfair comparisons.
Your Old Droog reemerges after a lengthy absence for a brand new episode of "Just Rhymin'" with DJ Skizz. Freestyling briefly over Skizz's own "Light Years" instrumental, Droog reminds listeners why he's one to be on the lookout for.
Your Old Droog is back with some old material for the fans. Apparently an unreleased demo, probably pre-"Is this dude Nas?" fame, "Central Park 5" finds the emcee sounding more like the Illmatic rapper than ever before, and in no way is that a bad thing.
One of the most intriguing tracks on Your Old Droog's debut EP, released three months ago, was "Gunsmoke Cologne," a breakneck salvo of twisted rhymes from the then-mysterious rapper. Today, the NY spitter drops a sequel called "Secondhand Gunsmoke."
- Iggy Azalea Announces Sophomore Album Title3,807 Views49 Comments
- Curren$y & Dame Dash Settle $3 Million Dollar Lawsuit5,824 Views15 Comments
- Logic Announces Release Date For Sophomore Album "The Incredible True Story"7,790 Views51 Comments
- Kendrick Lamar Writes Letter To Eazy-E For PAPER Magazine7,168 Views128 Comments
- Jay Z & Beyoncé Are Renting A Mansion In L.A. For $150k A Month7,537 Views29 Comments
- Victor Cruz' Fiancee Sent A Group Text Message To All Of His Side Chicks7,663 Views0 Comments
- The Game Threatens Stitches Over DMs He Allegedly Photoshopped54,981 Views190 Comments
- Bawse Moves: How Rick Ross Shifted Focus In 20157,137 Views23 Comments
- Kanye West Says "808s" & "Yeezus" Are "So Much Stronger" Than "MBDTF"19,648 Views151 Comments
- Kid Cudi Warns Fans That "Man On The Moon 3" Will Be Nothing Like Previous Installments24,232 Views201 Comments
- Quiz: How Well Do You Know Kanye West?11,104 Views46 Comments
- Talib Kweli & 9th Wonder Reveal Tracklist & Cover Art For "Indie 500"3,831 Views18 Comments
- Snoop Dogg Hints At A Halloween Project Hosted By DJ Drama3,687 Views31 Comments
- Rick Ross Announces New Album Title15,190 Views63 Comments