Last August, Statik Selektah continued his run of guest-heavy, eclectic albums with the jam-packed What Goes Around..., and now he's announced that this will be the third summer in a row that we'll be getting a new album from him.
Statik Selektah is just starting to roll out his new album, Lucky 7 (a follow-up to last year's What Goes Around...), but before he gets things truly popping, he's dropped off a bonus cut that won't be on the project.
Earlier this year, PRhyme, Boldy James and Your Old Droog embarked on a nationwide tour together, bringing tastes of Detroit and New York to the rest of the country.
UK producers have become increasingly inspired by American hip hop over the last few years, and The Purist one of quite a few who's been reaching out to rising rappers for overseas collaborations.
Last week we featured some of the game's heaviest hitters on Samples Of The Week, with Action Bronson and The Alchemist getting jiggy over a classic drum break and Drake once again paying homage to country music star George Strait.
It's not every mixtape that name-drops Robert Johnson and names tracks after Sonic Youth. Your Old Droog's new Kinison EP does both of those things, as well as making an anti-rap comedy routine by the late comedian Sam Kinison its intro.
Last week, DJ EFN brought together two of hip-hop's most active political minds, Killer Mike and Crooked I, together for a song called "If U Run," and today he's back with another cut featuring some crazy names.
Now that Your Old Droog has been revealed to be his own man, and not Nas in disguise, he's free to show his considerable skills in freestyles at radio stations. His latest has him heading up to Shade 45 to kick a cipher on Tony Touch's Toca Tuesdays program.
Now that Your Old Droog has basically rid himself of the rumors that he is Nas, he's ready to unleash his debut album, which follows up an EP from earlier this year.
Now that we're past all of the Nas-in-disguise hoopla, Your Old Droog is free to do his thing without facing conspiracy theorists or unfair comparisons.
Your Old Droog reemerges after a lengthy absence for a brand new episode of "Just Rhymin'" with DJ Skizz. Freestyling briefly over Skizz's own "Light Years" instrumental, Droog reminds listeners why he's one to be on the lookout for.
Your Old Droog is back with some old material for the fans. Apparently an unreleased demo, probably pre-"Is this dude Nas?" fame, "Central Park 5" finds the emcee sounding more like the Illmatic rapper than ever before, and in no way is that a bad thing.
One of the most intriguing tracks on Your Old Droog's debut EP, released three months ago, was "Gunsmoke Cologne," a breakneck salvo of twisted rhymes from the then-mysterious rapper. Today, the NY spitter drops a sequel called "Secondhand Gunsmoke."
Last night, previously mysterious rapper Your Old Droog (who many believed to be Nas in disguise) silenced conspiracy theorists by performing his first concert at New York's Webster Hall.
Ever since his debut tape surfaced on the web a few months ago, mysterious MC Your Old Droog has been met by almost-inevitable Nas comparisons.
Your Old Droog made quite a splash with the release of his self-titled EP earlier this year. The rapper's well-crafted style of underground rap was enough to garner some attention, but the uncanny resemblance to Nas' voice was what got people really talking.
- Chelsea Celebrate Premier League Title By Singing O.T. Genasis' "CoCo"1,862 Views12 Comments
- ASAP Rocky Turned His Instagram Profile Into One Huge Art Piece9,384 Views24 Comments
- Underrated Audio: May 17 - May 231,002 Views0 Comments
- Listen To Dr. Dre "2Nite" Feat. Kendrick Lamar & Jeremih Leak22,558 Views95 Comments
- Classic Rotation: Common's "Be"2,246 Views18 Comments
- ASAP Rocky Is Given Acid By Makonnen, Proceeds To Have Sex With Nine Women56,629 Views112 Comments
- Kendrick Lamar Shoots "Alright" Video In The Bay13,758 Views62 Comments
- Juicy J Rushed To Hospital In San Francisco32,499 Views60 Comments
- Lil B To Deliver Lecture At UCLA This Thursday4,238 Views20 Comments
- New Akon-Led Initiative Aims To Bring 600 Million Africans Electricity9,534 Views56 Comments
- See Photos From Drake's Houston Appreciation Weekend14,145 Views16 Comments
- Los Angeles Lakers GM Says Next Year Will Be Kobe Bryant's Final Season4,216 Views0 Comments
- Charts Don't Lie: May 2318,146 Views20 Comments
- Must-Hear Instrumental Hip Hop Albums8,693 Views16 Comments
- Allen Iverson Addresses Strip Club Rumors On Hot 975,045 Views0 Comments
You may also like...
- André DeSaint "Work For Me" Video867 Views