Earlier today we got to hear Your Old Droog's new EP, The Nicest, and if you were digging that, you now have a chance to win tickets to see the New York MC perform live.
Here goes another album stream, following up ones from Future (Dirty Sprite 2), Joell Ortiz and !llmind (Human) and Eric Bellinger (Cuffing Season). This stream comes courtesy of Staten Island MC Your Old Droog.
Your Old Droog reunites with DJ Skizz today, who handled some production on his Kinison EP in February, for the very funky and jazz-influenced "Senseless Killn' II." The New York rapper is going to be taking his talents to other parts of the world after d
Last August, Statik Selektah continued his run of guest-heavy, eclectic albums with the jam-packed What Goes Around..., and now he's announced that this will be the third summer in a row that we'll be getting a new album from him.
Statik Selektah is just starting to roll out his new album, Lucky 7 (a follow-up to last year's What Goes Around...), but before he gets things truly popping, he's dropped off a bonus cut that won't be on the project.
Earlier this year, PRhyme, Boldy James and Your Old Droog embarked on a nationwide tour together, bringing tastes of Detroit and New York to the rest of the country.
UK producers have become increasingly inspired by American hip hop over the last few years, and The Purist one of quite a few who's been reaching out to rising rappers for overseas collaborations.
Last week we featured some of the game's heaviest hitters on Samples Of The Week, with Action Bronson and The Alchemist getting jiggy over a classic drum break and Drake once again paying homage to country music star George Strait.
It's not every mixtape that name-drops Robert Johnson and names tracks after Sonic Youth. Your Old Droog's new Kinison EP does both of those things, as well as making an anti-rap comedy routine by the late comedian Sam Kinison its intro.
Last week, DJ EFN brought together two of hip-hop's most active political minds, Killer Mike and Crooked I, together for a song called "If U Run," and today he's back with another cut featuring some crazy names.
Now that Your Old Droog has been revealed to be his own man, and not Nas in disguise, he's free to show his considerable skills in freestyles at radio stations. His latest has him heading up to Shade 45 to kick a cipher on Tony Touch's Toca Tuesdays program.
Now that Your Old Droog has basically rid himself of the rumors that he is Nas, he's ready to unleash his debut album, which follows up an EP from earlier this year.
Now that we're past all of the Nas-in-disguise hoopla, Your Old Droog is free to do his thing without facing conspiracy theorists or unfair comparisons.
Your Old Droog reemerges after a lengthy absence for a brand new episode of "Just Rhymin'" with DJ Skizz. Freestyling briefly over Skizz's own "Light Years" instrumental, Droog reminds listeners why he's one to be on the lookout for.
Your Old Droog is back with some old material for the fans. Apparently an unreleased demo, probably pre-"Is this dude Nas?" fame, "Central Park 5" finds the emcee sounding more like the Illmatic rapper than ever before, and in no way is that a bad thing.
One of the most intriguing tracks on Your Old Droog's debut EP, released three months ago, was "Gunsmoke Cologne," a breakneck salvo of twisted rhymes from the then-mysterious rapper. Today, the NY spitter drops a sequel called "Secondhand Gunsmoke."
Last night, previously mysterious rapper Your Old Droog (who many believed to be Nas in disguise) silenced conspiracy theorists by performing his first concert at New York's Webster Hall.
Ever since his debut tape surfaced on the web a few months ago, mysterious MC Your Old Droog has been met by almost-inevitable Nas comparisons.
- Gucci Mane To Release Autobiography "Within The Next Year"4,953 Views43 Comments
- The Weeknd To Perform At Apple Music Festival2,876 Views17 Comments
- Dwight Howard Won't Face Criminal Charges For Bringing A Handgun Into An Airport5,707 Views0 Comments
- 7 Hip-Hop Biopics We Want to See13,522 Views115 Comments
- Prominent Sneaker Reseller Claims He Makes $3 Million Per Year Selling Jordans3,033 Views0 Comments
- J Cole's "2014 Forest Hills Drive" Goes Platinum16,659 Views122 Comments
- Who Would Be In Kanye West's Presidential Cabinet?10,078 Views94 Comments
- Teyana Taylor is Pregnant With Iman Shumpert's Baby18,774 Views63 Comments
- Azealia Banks Disses Nicki Minaj & Miley Cyrus17,154 Views89 Comments
- Tinashe Announces Sophomore Album "JOYRIDE"5,861 Views34 Comments
- French Montana Says He Has A Sneaker Collab With Reebok In The Works475 Views0 Comments
- Sonya Miller Claims Master P Kicked Her Out Of The House, P Responds10,393 Views38 Comments
- Meet Little Simz: UK's Fast-Rising Female Voice2,497 Views6 Comments
- Stream Hit-Boy's "Zoomin'" EP Featuring Pusha T, & Quentin Miller, & More7,110 Views18 Comments
- An Artist Made 'Kanye 2020' Yeezy Boosts And Hung Them On A Telephone Wire In NYC3,028 Views0 Comments