We're at a point where nostalgia no longer applies solely to 90s hip-hop. Your Old Droog, who's young enough to have been introduced to rap in the 00s, has decided to reflect on the good ol' days of the early aughts on his new freestyle.
"Tell Your Friends" is one of the hottest songs off The Weeknd's Beauty Behind the Madness. After Drake remixed it a few days ago, the homie Your Old Droog thought he'd try his hand at the song, in an effort officially known as "Tell Your Friends (5K
Earlier today we got to hear Your Old Droog's new EP, The Nicest, and if you were digging that, you now have a chance to win tickets to see the New York MC perform live.
Here goes another album stream, following up ones from Future (Dirty Sprite 2), Joell Ortiz and !llmind (Human) and Eric Bellinger (Cuffing Season). This stream comes courtesy of Staten Island MC Your Old Droog.
Your Old Droog reunites with DJ Skizz today, who handled some production on his Kinison EP in February, for the very funky and jazz-influenced "Senseless Killn' II." The New York rapper is going to be taking his talents to other parts of the world after d
Last August, Statik Selektah continued his run of guest-heavy, eclectic albums with the jam-packed What Goes Around..., and now he's announced that this will be the third summer in a row that we'll be getting a new album from him.
Statik Selektah is just starting to roll out his new album, Lucky 7 (a follow-up to last year's What Goes Around...), but before he gets things truly popping, he's dropped off a bonus cut that won't be on the project.
Earlier this year, PRhyme, Boldy James and Your Old Droog embarked on a nationwide tour together, bringing tastes of Detroit and New York to the rest of the country.
UK producers have become increasingly inspired by American hip hop over the last few years, and The Purist one of quite a few who's been reaching out to rising rappers for overseas collaborations.
Last week we featured some of the game's heaviest hitters on Samples Of The Week, with Action Bronson and The Alchemist getting jiggy over a classic drum break and Drake once again paying homage to country music star George Strait.
It's not every mixtape that name-drops Robert Johnson and names tracks after Sonic Youth. Your Old Droog's new Kinison EP does both of those things, as well as making an anti-rap comedy routine by the late comedian Sam Kinison its intro.
Last week, DJ EFN brought together two of hip-hop's most active political minds, Killer Mike and Crooked I, together for a song called "If U Run," and today he's back with another cut featuring some crazy names.
Now that Your Old Droog has been revealed to be his own man, and not Nas in disguise, he's free to show his considerable skills in freestyles at radio stations. His latest has him heading up to Shade 45 to kick a cipher on Tony Touch's Toca Tuesdays program.
Now that Your Old Droog has basically rid himself of the rumors that he is Nas, he's ready to unleash his debut album, which follows up an EP from earlier this year.
Now that we're past all of the Nas-in-disguise hoopla, Your Old Droog is free to do his thing without facing conspiracy theorists or unfair comparisons.
Your Old Droog reemerges after a lengthy absence for a brand new episode of "Just Rhymin'" with DJ Skizz. Freestyling briefly over Skizz's own "Light Years" instrumental, Droog reminds listeners why he's one to be on the lookout for.
Your Old Droog is back with some old material for the fans. Apparently an unreleased demo, probably pre-"Is this dude Nas?" fame, "Central Park 5" finds the emcee sounding more like the Illmatic rapper than ever before, and in no way is that a bad thing.
One of the most intriguing tracks on Your Old Droog's debut EP, released three months ago, was "Gunsmoke Cologne," a breakneck salvo of twisted rhymes from the then-mysterious rapper. Today, the NY spitter drops a sequel called "Secondhand Gunsmoke."
- Jeezy Is Dropping An EP Today4,567 Views30 Comments
- DJ Premier Announces Solo Album Featuring Nas, Dr. Dre & More3,074 Views19 Comments
- Young Thug Maintains That He & Lil Wayne Have No Problems14,626 Views79 Comments
- Young Chop Brawls With Security At A3C Festival8,746 Views30 Comments
- Flying Lotus Releases 39-Track "You're Dead!" Deluxe Edition6,413 Views19 Comments
- Staff Picks Playlist (October 9)5,191 Views13 Comments
- How Much A Co-Sign Cost? The Downside Of Collaborating With Drake & Kanye31,282 Views97 Comments
- Drake's "IYRTITL" Is 2015's Highest-Selling Digital Album Through Q3 By Far20,606 Views130 Comments
- Young Thug Doesn't Mind Being Called Gay30,498 Views136 Comments
- Tory Lanez Announces SwaveNation Tour With Boogie5,163 Views39 Comments
- Review: The Game's "Documentary 2"38,650 Views165 Comments
- Gilbert Arenas Won't Stop Trolling Derek Fisher And Matt Barnes On Instagram5,518 Views0 Comments
- Released 20 Years Ago, GZA's "Liquid Swords" Finally Goes Platinum7,265 Views38 Comments
- Eminem Sends Gift To Young Fan With Customized Eminem Prosthetic Legs11,429 Views36 Comments
- Koopsta Knicca Of Three 6 Mafia Dies Following Stroke10,750 Views51 Comments
You may also like...
- Roy Wood$ "Jealousy" Video3,182 Views