Your Old Droog reunites with DJ Skizz today, who handled some production on his Kinison EP in February, for the very funky and jazz-influenced "Senseless Killn' II." The New York rapper is going to be taking his talents to other parts of the world after d
Last August, Statik Selektah continued his run of guest-heavy, eclectic albums with the jam-packed What Goes Around..., and now he's announced that this will be the third summer in a row that we'll be getting a new album from him.
Statik Selektah is just starting to roll out his new album, Lucky 7 (a follow-up to last year's What Goes Around...), but before he gets things truly popping, he's dropped off a bonus cut that won't be on the project.
Earlier this year, PRhyme, Boldy James and Your Old Droog embarked on a nationwide tour together, bringing tastes of Detroit and New York to the rest of the country.
UK producers have become increasingly inspired by American hip hop over the last few years, and The Purist one of quite a few who's been reaching out to rising rappers for overseas collaborations.
Last week we featured some of the game's heaviest hitters on Samples Of The Week, with Action Bronson and The Alchemist getting jiggy over a classic drum break and Drake once again paying homage to country music star George Strait.
It's not every mixtape that name-drops Robert Johnson and names tracks after Sonic Youth. Your Old Droog's new Kinison EP does both of those things, as well as making an anti-rap comedy routine by the late comedian Sam Kinison its intro.
Last week, DJ EFN brought together two of hip-hop's most active political minds, Killer Mike and Crooked I, together for a song called "If U Run," and today he's back with another cut featuring some crazy names.
Now that Your Old Droog has been revealed to be his own man, and not Nas in disguise, he's free to show his considerable skills in freestyles at radio stations. His latest has him heading up to Shade 45 to kick a cipher on Tony Touch's Toca Tuesdays program.
Now that Your Old Droog has basically rid himself of the rumors that he is Nas, he's ready to unleash his debut album, which follows up an EP from earlier this year.
Now that we're past all of the Nas-in-disguise hoopla, Your Old Droog is free to do his thing without facing conspiracy theorists or unfair comparisons.
Your Old Droog reemerges after a lengthy absence for a brand new episode of "Just Rhymin'" with DJ Skizz. Freestyling briefly over Skizz's own "Light Years" instrumental, Droog reminds listeners why he's one to be on the lookout for.
Your Old Droog is back with some old material for the fans. Apparently an unreleased demo, probably pre-"Is this dude Nas?" fame, "Central Park 5" finds the emcee sounding more like the Illmatic rapper than ever before, and in no way is that a bad thing.
One of the most intriguing tracks on Your Old Droog's debut EP, released three months ago, was "Gunsmoke Cologne," a breakneck salvo of twisted rhymes from the then-mysterious rapper. Today, the NY spitter drops a sequel called "Secondhand Gunsmoke."
Last night, previously mysterious rapper Your Old Droog (who many believed to be Nas in disguise) silenced conspiracy theorists by performing his first concert at New York's Webster Hall.
Ever since his debut tape surfaced on the web a few months ago, mysterious MC Your Old Droog has been met by almost-inevitable Nas comparisons.
- Could Travis Scott’s “Rodeo” Album Be Dropping This Week?580 Views14 Comments
- Wale Announces Upcoming “Go-Go” Album4,168 Views22 Comments
- Lil Wayne Announces Lil Weezyana Fest, Hot Boys Reunion14,967 Views54 Comments
- Future On New Album: "The World Is Ready"14,096 Views96 Comments
- John Wall Debuts His Next Signature Sneaker, The Adidas J Wall 22,822 Views0 Comments
- Reddit User Claims To Have Recorded All Of Kanye West's "SWISH"17,562 Views53 Comments
- The Streaming "Game Of Thrones": Drake & Apple Music Vs. Jay-Z & TIDAL19,463 Views79 Comments
- YG Shares Post-Shooting Crotch Shot On Instagram14,956 Views21 Comments
- Joe Budden Clarifies Remarks On Meek Mill & Nicki Minaj15,424 Views18 Comments
- Chance The Rapper Announces New Single, Takes Kids On Surprise Field Trip6,304 Views23 Comments
- 10 California Locations Mentioned On Vince Staples' "Summertime '06"3,282 Views16 Comments
- Ciara & Russell Wilson Are Abstaining From Sex12,714 Views66 Comments
- Ticket Giveaway: Win Tickets To PeterPalooza Featuring A$AP Rocky & Vic Mensa1,063 Views6 Comments
- Kelly Rowland Joins The Cast Of "Empire"2,961 Views9 Comments
- Behind The Beat: TM884,923 Views21 Comments
You may also like...
- Young Thug Feat. MPA Duke "With That" Video3,058 Views