Your Old Droog reunites with DJ Skizz today, who handled some production on his Kinison EP in February, for the very funky and jazz-influenced "Senseless Killn' II." The New York rapper is going to be taking his talents to other parts of the world after d
Last August, Statik Selektah continued his run of guest-heavy, eclectic albums with the jam-packed What Goes Around..., and now he's announced that this will be the third summer in a row that we'll be getting a new album from him.
Statik Selektah is just starting to roll out his new album, Lucky 7 (a follow-up to last year's What Goes Around...), but before he gets things truly popping, he's dropped off a bonus cut that won't be on the project.
Earlier this year, PRhyme, Boldy James and Your Old Droog embarked on a nationwide tour together, bringing tastes of Detroit and New York to the rest of the country.
UK producers have become increasingly inspired by American hip hop over the last few years, and The Purist one of quite a few who's been reaching out to rising rappers for overseas collaborations.
Last week we featured some of the game's heaviest hitters on Samples Of The Week, with Action Bronson and The Alchemist getting jiggy over a classic drum break and Drake once again paying homage to country music star George Strait.
It's not every mixtape that name-drops Robert Johnson and names tracks after Sonic Youth. Your Old Droog's new Kinison EP does both of those things, as well as making an anti-rap comedy routine by the late comedian Sam Kinison its intro.
Last week, DJ EFN brought together two of hip-hop's most active political minds, Killer Mike and Crooked I, together for a song called "If U Run," and today he's back with another cut featuring some crazy names.
Now that Your Old Droog has been revealed to be his own man, and not Nas in disguise, he's free to show his considerable skills in freestyles at radio stations. His latest has him heading up to Shade 45 to kick a cipher on Tony Touch's Toca Tuesdays program.
Now that Your Old Droog has basically rid himself of the rumors that he is Nas, he's ready to unleash his debut album, which follows up an EP from earlier this year.
Now that we're past all of the Nas-in-disguise hoopla, Your Old Droog is free to do his thing without facing conspiracy theorists or unfair comparisons.
Your Old Droog reemerges after a lengthy absence for a brand new episode of "Just Rhymin'" with DJ Skizz. Freestyling briefly over Skizz's own "Light Years" instrumental, Droog reminds listeners why he's one to be on the lookout for.
Your Old Droog is back with some old material for the fans. Apparently an unreleased demo, probably pre-"Is this dude Nas?" fame, "Central Park 5" finds the emcee sounding more like the Illmatic rapper than ever before, and in no way is that a bad thing.
One of the most intriguing tracks on Your Old Droog's debut EP, released three months ago, was "Gunsmoke Cologne," a breakneck salvo of twisted rhymes from the then-mysterious rapper. Today, the NY spitter drops a sequel called "Secondhand Gunsmoke."
Last night, previously mysterious rapper Your Old Droog (who many believed to be Nas in disguise) silenced conspiracy theorists by performing his first concert at New York's Webster Hall.
Ever since his debut tape surfaced on the web a few months ago, mysterious MC Your Old Droog has been met by almost-inevitable Nas comparisons.
Your Old Droog made quite a splash with the release of his self-titled EP earlier this year. The rapper's well-crafted style of underground rap was enough to garner some attention, but the uncanny resemblance to Nas' voice was what got people really talking.
- Cleveland Cavs Sweep Atlanta Hawks, Advance To NBA Finals176 Views0 Comments
- Kehlani Announces "You Should Be Here" Tour2,061 Views5 Comments
- Stream Jamie xx's Debut Album, "In Colour"2,610 Views6 Comments
- Happy Birthday Miles: 10 Miles Davis Samples In Hip-Hop4,125 Views4 Comments
- Pusha T Responds To Leaked Track, Calls "King Push" A "Masterpiece"17,116 Views65 Comments
- 5 Producers The Weeknd Should Work With8,575 Views22 Comments
- Juelz Santana & Jadakiss Suggest Benefit Concert For Chinx's Family5,273 Views22 Comments
- Meek Mill & Nicki Minaj Aren't Actually Engaged19,460 Views36 Comments
- Stream The Alchemist's Instrumental Album "Israeli Salad"3,390 Views5 Comments
- Lil B Will Be In Attendance For Game 5 To Personally Curse James Harden3,400 Views0 Comments
- Birdman Pays The IRS $2 Million In Back Taxes9,747 Views29 Comments
- Air Jordan 7 'Championship Pack' Officially Unveiled 1,611 Views0 Comments
- Stream ASAP Rocky's Sophomore Album "At.Long.Last.A$AP"110,714 Views223 Comments
- Stream Boosie Badazz' New Album "Touchdown 2 Cause Hell"25,037 Views58 Comments
- ASAP Rocky To Release "At.Long.Last.ASAP" At Midnight Tonight71,222 Views195 Comments