Bryan "Birdman" Williams and Ronald "Slim" Williams founded Cash Money Records over twenty years ago. New Orleans rap collective the Hot Boys were one of Cash Money's earliest successes, which has since turned into perhaps the flashiest label of them all.
There's been a lot of shifting going on at YMCMB lately. On top of Wayne & Nicki both having their release dates pushed back, and Jay Sean leaving the label, some internal drama has also begun to work its way through the ranks.
Lil Wayne Responds To 8th Grade Teacher Using His Lyrics In Homework Assignment Feb 15, 2014 at 11:38am
A little while back, a Floridian teacher was suspended from The Charter Schools of Boynton Beach after assigning homework which asked students to assess Lil Wayne lyrics.
After dominating the majority of the most recent millennium, Free Weezy Album marks Lil Wayne's first foray into generating music without the safety net of the Cash Money Records machine that helped make him.
As we've seen plenty of in the past, rappers like to pay homage to the things they love in tattoo-form. Kevin Gates recently had an interview where he explained many of his face tattoos, some of which are similar to Cash Money's Birdman.
Lil Wayne has stated that Tha Carter V will be his final solo album, but fans have been split on whether to believe his claim. The Young Money leader made similar promises before Tha Carter IV was released, yet he's continued to release music since.
Lil Wayne is supposed to be releasing his new album Tha Carter V on December 9th. Seeing as Nicki Minaj's Pinkprint is due out a week later and is now available for pre-order while Wayne's record is not, we're probably looking at another delay.
Waiting over a year since dropping Take Care, Drake has been living off of features since, and biding his time before dropping his next solo project. After getting a behind the scenes look at him filming the video for “Started
The pissing contest between Drake and Tyga continues today with yet another not-so-subtle shot from the latter. As reported by TMZ, Tyga has cast Drake's ex-chick Dollicia Bryan as his co-star in the upcoming "Make It Work" video.
Lil Wayne hasn't revealed much on the going-ons between him and Birdman, save for a few tweets and the legal documents that surfaced after he filed his $51 million-lawsuit against Cash Money.
Tyga dropped his latest album, The Gold Album: 18th Dynasty out of nowhere, opting to first make it available via a free Spotify stream.
More trouble in the Young Money camp. Earlier this week, Tyga voiced his frustration with the label, suggesting that YM is holding his album "hostage", before threatening to leak it himself.
More internet gossip for your Thursday morning. Rumors were circulating the other day that Young Money/Cash Money had signed an openly gay rapper, who goes by the name of Fly Young Red.
There hasn't been much in the way of updates when it comes to the turmoil between Lil Wayne and Birdman. Last month Weezy threatened his label with a lawsuit, letting them know he wasn't playing around.
Lil Wayne On "Carter V": "I'm Trying To Be More Careful About What I'm Saying" Mar 17, 2014 at 05:56pm
Lil Wayne caused quite a controversy with his choice of words on Future's "Karate Chop" remix last year, causing quite an uproar with a tasteless reference to the brutal murder of Emmett Till.
Young Thug's label situation was a complete mystery, until an in-depth Buzzfeed investigation (inspired by a Noz complaint) concluded that the rapper was trapped in an Atlantic deal he wanted no part of.
The YMCMB label has been expanding non-stop recently, but with their latest signee they're keeping it in the family.
Cash Money don Birdman was recently hit with a $200,000 lawsuit by producer DVLP, who claims he was never paid for his work on Lil Wayne's music and music by other Cash Money artists.
Lil Wayne is not known for his punctuality. While the rapper has always blessed his fans with an overwhelming amount of material, his albums have often suffered delays (though to be fair, they were often out of his control).
Nicki Minaj is prepping her new album, and possibly a mixtape ("It's like I'm working on an album and a mixtape at the same motherfucking time") for 2014, and while she's tossed around The Pink Print as the title for some time, it now seems like it's official
- Rick Ross Clowns 50 Cent For Filing For Bankruptcy1,907 Views18 Comments
- The Game Disses Young Thug During Skee TV Performance8,541 Views56 Comments
- Nicki Minaj Speaks On Drake/Meek Mill Beef For New York Times Magazine23,420 Views134 Comments
- 10 Artists That Dr. Dre Put On11,309 Views57 Comments
- Iggy Azalea Announces Sophomore Album Title11,106 Views112 Comments
- Curren$y & Dame Dash Settle $3 Million Dollar Lawsuit15,711 Views21 Comments
- Logic Announces Release Date For Sophomore Album "The Incredible True Story"14,117 Views58 Comments
- Kendrick Lamar Writes Letter To Eazy-E For PAPER Magazine11,672 Views149 Comments
- Jay Z & Beyoncé Are Renting A Mansion In L.A. For $150k A Month11,650 Views30 Comments
- Victor Cruz' Fiancee Sent A Group Text Message To All Of His Side Chicks10,142 Views0 Comments
- The Game Threatens Stitches Over DMs He Allegedly Photoshopped75,970 Views216 Comments
- Bawse Moves: How Rick Ross Shifted Focus In 201510,393 Views26 Comments
- Kanye West Says "808s" & "Yeezus" Are "So Much Stronger" Than "MBDTF"25,458 Views157 Comments
- Kid Cudi Warns Fans That "Man On The Moon 3" Will Be Nothing Like Previous Installments31,026 Views210 Comments
You may also like...