Bryan "Birdman" Williams and Ronald "Slim" Williams founded Cash Money Records over twenty years ago. New Orleans rap collective the Hot Boys were one of Cash Money's earliest successes, which has since turned into perhaps the flashiest label of them all.
There's been a lot of shifting going on at YMCMB lately. On top of Wayne & Nicki both having their release dates pushed back, and Jay Sean leaving the label, some internal drama has also begun to work its way through the ranks.
Lil Wayne Responds To 8th Grade Teacher Using His Lyrics In Homework Assignment Feb 15, 2014 at 11:38am
A little while back, a Floridian teacher was suspended from The Charter Schools of Boynton Beach after assigning homework which asked students to assess Lil Wayne lyrics.
After dominating the majority of the most recent millennium, Free Weezy Album marks Lil Wayne's first foray into generating music without the safety net of the Cash Money Records machine that helped make him.
As we've seen plenty of in the past, rappers like to pay homage to the things they love in tattoo-form. Kevin Gates recently had an interview where he explained many of his face tattoos, some of which are similar to Cash Money's Birdman.
Lil Wayne has stated that Tha Carter V will be his final solo album, but fans have been split on whether to believe his claim. The Young Money leader made similar promises before Tha Carter IV was released, yet he's continued to release music since.
Lil Wayne is supposed to be releasing his new album Tha Carter V on December 9th. Seeing as Nicki Minaj's Pinkprint is due out a week later and is now available for pre-order while Wayne's record is not, we're probably looking at another delay.
Waiting over a year since dropping Take Care, Drake has been living off of features since, and biding his time before dropping his next solo project. After getting a behind the scenes look at him filming the video for “Started
The pissing contest between Drake and Tyga continues today with yet another not-so-subtle shot from the latter. As reported by TMZ, Tyga has cast Drake's ex-chick Dollicia Bryan as his co-star in the upcoming "Make It Work" video.
Lil Wayne hasn't revealed much on the going-ons between him and Birdman, save for a few tweets and the legal documents that surfaced after he filed his $51 million-lawsuit against Cash Money.
Tyga dropped his latest album, The Gold Album: 18th Dynasty out of nowhere, opting to first make it available via a free Spotify stream.
More trouble in the Young Money camp. Earlier this week, Tyga voiced his frustration with the label, suggesting that YM is holding his album "hostage", before threatening to leak it himself.
More internet gossip for your Thursday morning. Rumors were circulating the other day that Young Money/Cash Money had signed an openly gay rapper, who goes by the name of Fly Young Red.
There hasn't been much in the way of updates when it comes to the turmoil between Lil Wayne and Birdman. Last month Weezy threatened his label with a lawsuit, letting them know he wasn't playing around.
Lil Wayne On "Carter V": "I'm Trying To Be More Careful About What I'm Saying" Mar 17, 2014 at 05:56pm
Lil Wayne caused quite a controversy with his choice of words on Future's "Karate Chop" remix last year, causing quite an uproar with a tasteless reference to the brutal murder of Emmett Till.
Young Thug's label situation was a complete mystery, until an in-depth Buzzfeed investigation (inspired by a Noz complaint) concluded that the rapper was trapped in an Atlantic deal he wanted no part of.
The YMCMB label has been expanding non-stop recently, but with their latest signee they're keeping it in the family.
Lil Wayne is not known for his punctuality. While the rapper has always blessed his fans with an overwhelming amount of material, his albums have often suffered delays (though to be fair, they were often out of his control).
Nicki Minaj is prepping her new album, and possibly a mixtape ("It's like I'm working on an album and a mixtape at the same motherfucking time") for 2014, and while she's tossed around The Pink Print as the title for some time, it now seems like it's official
The new Rich Gang compilation album from YMCMB is slated to drop on July 23rd, and today Birdman released the official artwork and tracklist for the project. This LP is not to be confused with the sequel to We Are Young Money, by the way.
The chemistry between Wayne and Drake is surreal. Even though Drake is considered Lil Wayne’s protégé, he has diligently worked his way up to his boss’ level and might have even superseded him.
- French Montana Says He Has A Sneaker Collab With Reebok In The Works0 Views0 Comments
- Sonya Miller Claims Master P Kicked Her Out Of The House, P Responds1,327 Views9 Comments
- Meet Little Simz: UK's Fast-Rising Female Voice468 Views2 Comments
- Stream Hit-Boy's "Zoomin'" EP Featuring Pusha T, & Quentin Miller, & More1,677 Views15 Comments
- An Artist Made 'Kanye 2020' Yeezy Boosts And Hung Them On A Telephone Wire In NYC1,594 Views0 Comments
- Safaree Samuels Covered Up His Nicki Minaj Tattoo6,237 Views23 Comments
- DeJ Loaf Hits The Studio With Pharrell & Pusha T2,589 Views14 Comments
- Curren$y Announces "Canal St. Confidential" Release Date3,108 Views18 Comments
- Ranking The Top-10 Most Valuable Nike Foamposites 762 Views0 Comments
- Kanye West Was Reportedly Set To Perform At This Year's VMAs16,737 Views47 Comments
- D'Angelo's First TV Interview In Ten Years Airs This Week3,925 Views17 Comments
- The Weeknd's "Beauty Behind The Madness" By The Numbers17,175 Views41 Comments
- Jay Z Requests His Wealth Be Hidden From The Jury In "Big Pimpin'" Lawsuit24,506 Views45 Comments
- Michael Jordan's Space Jam Jersey Is Going Up For Auction For $10,0001,928 Views0 Comments
- Rap Industry Recap: August 20153,967 Views5 Comments