Lil Wayne's "Dedication 5" To Drop At 12AM PST [Update: Mixtape Finally Dropped at 6am EST] Sep 1, 2013 at 01:50am
Lil Wayne's highly anticipated Dedication 5 mixtape was set to drop at 5 PM EST, but an announcement from Wayne's camp has confirmed that the project will be pushed back.
Birdman Says The Game Is Officially YMCMB [Update: Game Says He Hasn't Signed Yet] Dec 11, 2013 at 11:35am
There have been rumors concerning Game and his potential signing with the ever-growing YMCMB roster, ever since Birdman was featured on Jesus Piece shouting out Game, and specifically saying Cash Money was next.
Bryan "Birdman" Williams and Ronald "Slim" Williams founded Cash Money Records over twenty years ago. New Orleans rap collective the Hot Boys were one of Cash Money's earliest successes, which has since turned into perhaps the flashiest label of them all.
There's been a lot of shifting going on at YMCMB lately. On top of Wayne & Nicki both having their release dates pushed back, and Jay Sean leaving the label, some internal drama has also begun to work its way through the ranks.
Lil Wayne Responds To 8th Grade Teacher Using His Lyrics In Homework Assignment Feb 15, 2014 at 11:38am
A little while back, a Floridian teacher was suspended from The Charter Schools of Boynton Beach after assigning homework which asked students to assess Lil Wayne lyrics.
As we've seen plenty of in the past, rappers like to pay homage to the things they love in tattoo-form. Kevin Gates recently had an interview where he explained many of his face tattoos, some of which are similar to Cash Money's Birdman.
Lil Wayne has stated that Tha Carter V will be his final solo album, but fans have been split on whether to believe his claim. The Young Money leader made similar promises before Tha Carter IV was released, yet he's continued to release music since.
Lil Wayne is supposed to be releasing his new album Tha Carter V on December 9th. Seeing as Nicki Minaj's Pinkprint is due out a week later and is now available for pre-order while Wayne's record is not, we're probably looking at another delay.
Waiting over a year since dropping Take Care, Drake has been living off of features since, and biding his time before dropping his next solo project. After getting a behind the scenes look at him filming the video for “Started
The pissing contest between Drake and Tyga continues today with yet another not-so-subtle shot from the latter. As reported by TMZ, Tyga has cast Drake's ex-chick Dollicia Bryan as his co-star in the upcoming "Make It Work" video.
After hearing Lil Wayne on DJ Khaled's "No Motive" track yesterday, plus that Curren$y record "442", fans are itching for more new Weezy F.
Lil Wayne hasn't revealed much on the going-ons between him and Birdman, save for a few tweets and the legal documents that surfaced after he filed his $51 million-lawsuit against Cash Money.
More trouble in the Young Money camp. Earlier this week, Tyga voiced his frustration with the label, suggesting that YM is holding his album "hostage", before threatening to leak it himself.
More internet gossip for your Thursday morning. Rumors were circulating the other day that Young Money/Cash Money had signed an openly gay rapper, who goes by the name of Fly Young Red.
There hasn't been much in the way of updates when it comes to the turmoil between Lil Wayne and Birdman. Last month Weezy threatened his label with a lawsuit, letting them know he wasn't playing around.
Lil Wayne On "Carter V": "I'm Trying To Be More Careful About What I'm Saying" Mar 17, 2014 at 05:56pm
Lil Wayne caused quite a controversy with his choice of words on Future's "Karate Chop" remix last year, causing quite an uproar with a tasteless reference to the brutal murder of Emmett Till.
Young Thug's label situation was a complete mystery, until an in-depth Buzzfeed investigation (inspired by a Noz complaint) concluded that the rapper was trapped in an Atlantic deal he wanted no part of.
The YMCMB label has been expanding non-stop recently, but with their latest signee they're keeping it in the family.
Lil Wayne is not known for his punctuality. While the rapper has always blessed his fans with an overwhelming amount of material, his albums have often suffered delays (though to be fair, they were often out of his control).
Nicki Minaj is prepping her new album, and possibly a mixtape ("It's like I'm working on an album and a mixtape at the same motherfucking time") for 2014, and while she's tossed around The Pink Print as the title for some time, it now seems like it's official
The new Rich Gang compilation album from YMCMB is slated to drop on July 23rd, and today Birdman released the official artwork and tracklist for the project. This LP is not to be confused with the sequel to We Are Young Money, by the way.
- Soulja No Swiping: 6 Times Soulja Boy Stole Another Rapper's Flow5,993 Views26 Comments
- Drake Says He's Expanding OVO Fest To Another City4,686 Views16 Comments
- Sauce Walka Calls Out Drake For Houston Appreciation Weekend, Drake Responds10,898 Views36 Comments
- Chris Brown's Baby Mama Allegedly Demanding A Lot More Child Support8,056 Views41 Comments
- Drake Swaps "Madonna" Lyrics For "Rihanna" During Houston Show14,928 Views37 Comments
- Stream Dizzy Wright's Album "The Growing Process"3,228 Views11 Comments
- Tyson Beckford Takes Selfie With Karrueche Tran, Chris Brown Is Pissed26,724 Views90 Comments
- Dizzy Wright Songs To Soundtrack Your Summer4,653 Views5 Comments
- Rihanna And DC Comics Beefing Over "Robyn" Trademark13,321 Views38 Comments
- Chelsea Celebrate Premier League Title By Singing O.T. Genasis' "CoCo"15,120 Views52 Comments
- ASAP Rocky Turned His Instagram Profile Into One Huge Art Piece34,840 Views51 Comments
- Underrated Audio: May 17 - May 234,277 Views1 Comment
- Listen To Dr. Dre "2Nite" Feat. Kendrick Lamar & Jeremih Leak57,044 Views121 Comments
- Classic Rotation: Common's "Be"3,633 Views15 Comments
- ASAP Rocky Is Given Acid By Makonnen, Proceeds To Have Sex With Nine Women84,529 Views123 Comments