The chemistry between Wayne and Drake is surreal. Even though Drake is considered Lil Wayne’s protégé, he has diligently worked his way up to his boss’ level and might have even superseded him.
Lil Wayne hasn't revealed much on the going-ons between him and Birdman, save for a few tweets and the legal documents that surfaced after he filed his $51 million-lawsuit against Cash Money.
There hasn't been much in the way of updates when it comes to the turmoil between Lil Wayne and Birdman. Last month Weezy threatened his label with a lawsuit, letting them know he wasn't playing around.
Lil Wayne is supposed to be releasing his new album Tha Carter V on December 9th. Seeing as Nicki Minaj's Pinkprint is due out a week later and is now available for pre-order while Wayne's record is not, we're probably looking at another delay.
The pissing contest between Drake and Tyga continues today with yet another not-so-subtle shot from the latter. As reported by TMZ, Tyga has cast Drake's ex-chick Dollicia Bryan as his co-star in the upcoming "Make It Work" video.
There's been a lot of shifting going on at YMCMB lately. On top of Wayne & Nicki both having their release dates pushed back, and Jay Sean leaving the label, some internal drama has also begun to work its way through the ranks.
More trouble in the Young Money camp. Earlier this week, Tyga voiced his frustration with the label, suggesting that YM is holding his album "hostage", before threatening to leak it himself.
Cash Money/Young Money has announced a brand new partnership with legendary DJ Funkmaster Flex for a brand new website and mobile application.
In one of the few circumstances in which the police actually got a rapper out of trouble, TMZ reports that Lil Twist, who was arrested for DUI, had his charges dropped after police determined he wasn't stoned enough to convict.
Lil Wayne is not known for his punctuality. While the rapper has always blessed his fans with an overwhelming amount of material, his albums have often suffered delays (though to be fair, they were often out of his control).
Young Thug's label situation was a complete mystery, until an in-depth Buzzfeed investigation (inspired by a Noz complaint) concluded that the rapper was trapped in an Atlantic deal he wanted no part of.
Well, it looks like we'll soon have another Justin Bieber/Lil Wayne collaboration on our hands.
More internet gossip for your Thursday morning. Rumors were circulating the other day that Young Money/Cash Money had signed an openly gay rapper, who goes by the name of Fly Young Red.
As we've seen plenty of in the past, rappers like to pay homage to the things they love in tattoo-form. Kevin Gates recently had an interview where he explained many of his face tattoos, some of which are similar to Cash Money's Birdman.
Bryan "Birdman" Williams and Ronald "Slim" Williams founded Cash Money Records over twenty years ago. New Orleans rap collective the Hot Boys were one of Cash Money's earliest successes, which has since turned into perhaps the flashiest label of them all.
Caskey Discusses His Origins, Baking, Losing His Virginity At Disneyland And Meeting Birdman With Damon Campbell Mar 19, 2014 at 01:45pm
HNHH representative Damon Campbell recently caught up with Orlando, Florida emcee and Cash Money / Republic Records signee Caskey for an exclusive interview, touching on his musical origins, baking, his first meeting with Birdman, losing his virginity at Disn
Lil Wayne On "Carter V": "I'm Trying To Be More Careful About What I'm Saying" Mar 17, 2014 at 05:56pm
Lil Wayne caused quite a controversy with his choice of words on Future's "Karate Chop" remix last year, causing quite an uproar with a tasteless reference to the brutal murder of Emmett Till.
Lil Wayne Recalls Being Shot At By A Female Fan & Shooting Himself On Kimmel Mar 15, 2014 at 12:08pm
Lil Wayne has some pretty crazy stories. The YM leader stopped by Jimmy Kimmel -- who is currently filming his show in Austin for SXSW -- to share a couple of his strangest experiences, both of which happened to involve getting shot at.
Lil Wayne has stated that Tha Carter V will be his final solo album, but fans have been split on whether to believe his claim. The Young Money leader made similar promises before Tha Carter IV was released, yet he's continued to release music since.
Lil Wayne Responds To 8th Grade Teacher Using His Lyrics In Homework Assignment Feb 15, 2014 at 11:38am
A little while back, a Floridian teacher was suspended from The Charter Schools of Boynton Beach after assigning homework which asked students to assess Lil Wayne lyrics.
Nicki Minaj is prepping her new album, and possibly a mixtape ("It's like I'm working on an album and a mixtape at the same motherfucking time") for 2014, and while she's tossed around The Pink Print as the title for some time, it now seems like it's official
- Charts Don't Lie: July 4th2,623 Views11 Comments
- Freddie Gibbs Previews New Gucci Mane Collab, Says New Album "On The Way"1,575 Views10 Comments
- Fans Trash Nightclub After Boosie Badazz No-Show3,091 Views12 Comments
- 10 Essential Baauer Tracks2,975 Views1 Comment
- 50 Cent Covers Muscle & Fitness For His 40th Birthday4,656 Views23 Comments
- Kid Cudi Says "Speedin' Bullet To Heaven" Is 98% Done, Single Out This Month5,764 Views35 Comments
- Will Smith Reveals He's Been Working With Drake On Jaden Smith's Beats 1 Radio Show13,395 Views27 Comments
- Dr. Dre's Beats 1 Radio Show Debuts Today5,305 Views11 Comments
- Meek Mill Disses Joe Budden Over Comments About His Relationship With Nicki Minaj53,828 Views222 Comments
- Stream Lil Wayne's "Free Weezy Album" On Tidal130,953 Views768 Comments
- Album Cover & Tracklist Revealed For Lil Wayne's "Free Weezy Album"73,665 Views144 Comments
- Joe Budden On Meek Mill's Affection For Nicki Minaj: "I Hate Everything About It"61,487 Views82 Comments
- Run The Jewels Have A Weekly Beats 1 Radio Show & It Starts Tonight2,104 Views3 Comments
- Classic Rotation: D'Angelo's "Brown Sugar"2,874 Views9 Comments
- Young Thug Delays "Slime Season" Mixtape: "Sorry 4 The Wait!"46,584 Views166 Comments