Cash Money don Birdman was recently hit with a $200,000 lawsuit by producer DVLP, who claims he was never paid for his work on Lil Wayne's music and music by other Cash Money artists.
Tyga dropped his latest album, The Gold Album: 18th Dynasty out of nowhere, opting to first make it available via a free Spotify stream.
After dominating the majority of the most recent millennium, Free Weezy Album marks Lil Wayne's first foray into generating music without the safety net of the Cash Money Records machine that helped make him.
The chemistry between Wayne and Drake is surreal. Even though Drake is considered Lil Wayne’s protégé, he has diligently worked his way up to his boss’ level and might have even superseded him.
Lil Wayne hasn't revealed much on the going-ons between him and Birdman, save for a few tweets and the legal documents that surfaced after he filed his $51 million-lawsuit against Cash Money.
There hasn't been much in the way of updates when it comes to the turmoil between Lil Wayne and Birdman. Last month Weezy threatened his label with a lawsuit, letting them know he wasn't playing around.
Lil Wayne is supposed to be releasing his new album Tha Carter V on December 9th. Seeing as Nicki Minaj's Pinkprint is due out a week later and is now available for pre-order while Wayne's record is not, we're probably looking at another delay.
The pissing contest between Drake and Tyga continues today with yet another not-so-subtle shot from the latter. As reported by TMZ, Tyga has cast Drake's ex-chick Dollicia Bryan as his co-star in the upcoming "Make It Work" video.
There's been a lot of shifting going on at YMCMB lately. On top of Wayne & Nicki both having their release dates pushed back, and Jay Sean leaving the label, some internal drama has also begun to work its way through the ranks.
More trouble in the Young Money camp. Earlier this week, Tyga voiced his frustration with the label, suggesting that YM is holding his album "hostage", before threatening to leak it himself.
Cash Money/Young Money has announced a brand new partnership with legendary DJ Funkmaster Flex for a brand new website and mobile application.
In one of the few circumstances in which the police actually got a rapper out of trouble, TMZ reports that Lil Twist, who was arrested for DUI, had his charges dropped after police determined he wasn't stoned enough to convict.
Lil Wayne is not known for his punctuality. While the rapper has always blessed his fans with an overwhelming amount of material, his albums have often suffered delays (though to be fair, they were often out of his control).
Young Thug's label situation was a complete mystery, until an in-depth Buzzfeed investigation (inspired by a Noz complaint) concluded that the rapper was trapped in an Atlantic deal he wanted no part of.
Well, it looks like we'll soon have another Justin Bieber/Lil Wayne collaboration on our hands.
More internet gossip for your Thursday morning. Rumors were circulating the other day that Young Money/Cash Money had signed an openly gay rapper, who goes by the name of Fly Young Red.
As we've seen plenty of in the past, rappers like to pay homage to the things they love in tattoo-form. Kevin Gates recently had an interview where he explained many of his face tattoos, some of which are similar to Cash Money's Birdman.
Bryan "Birdman" Williams and Ronald "Slim" Williams founded Cash Money Records over twenty years ago. New Orleans rap collective the Hot Boys were one of Cash Money's earliest successes, which has since turned into perhaps the flashiest label of them all.
Caskey Discusses His Origins, Baking, Losing His Virginity At Disneyland And Meeting Birdman With Damon Campbell Mar 19, 2014 at 01:45pm
HNHH representative Damon Campbell recently caught up with Orlando, Florida emcee and Cash Money / Republic Records signee Caskey for an exclusive interview, touching on his musical origins, baking, his first meeting with Birdman, losing his virginity at Disn
Lil Wayne On "Carter V": "I'm Trying To Be More Careful About What I'm Saying" Mar 17, 2014 at 05:56pm
Lil Wayne caused quite a controversy with his choice of words on Future's "Karate Chop" remix last year, causing quite an uproar with a tasteless reference to the brutal murder of Emmett Till.
- Michael Jordan's Space Jam Jersey Is Going Up For Auction For $10,000444 Views0 Comments
- Rap Industry Recap: August 2015875 Views3 Comments
- Kanye West, ASAP Rocky, The Weeknd, Pusha T Star In New Alexander Wang Campaign5,634 Views27 Comments
- Tyler, The Creator Opens Up About Being Banned From The UK3,876 Views21 Comments
- The Weeknd To Perform On SNL1,132 Views16 Comments
- Five Things We Want From Rick Ross' "Black Dollar"5,911 Views38 Comments
- Kevin Gates Could Be Charged For Kicking A Female Fan In Florida5,910 Views64 Comments
- Chris Brown Is Being Sued By A Fan Who Was Injured At His Show3,991 Views16 Comments
- Top-8 September Sneaker Releases To Watch For1,675 Views0 Comments
- Powerhouse 2015 Line-Up Includes Kendrick Lamar, Big Sean, Future & More7,282 Views51 Comments
- De La Soul Recruit Usher, Snoop Dogg, 2 Chainz, Pete Rock & More For New Album3,708 Views8 Comments
- Rick Ross Dropping New Music With The Dream Tomorrow10,576 Views32 Comments
- The White House Responds To Kanye West's Presidency Bid68,723 Views126 Comments
- Review: The Weeknd's "Beauty Behind The Madness"33,700 Views127 Comments
- Lupe Fiasco Collecting Fans' Copies Of "Lasers" So He Can Destroy Them27,445 Views79 Comments