Earlier this afternoon XXL unveiled their 2015 XXL Freshmen cover after much anticipation. The cover's been a long time coming, with artists pushing for their spot several months ago.
The XXL Freshman list is always a huge conversation piece in the rap world, and this year should be no different. While the wait has seemed a little longer than usual, the full list and cover has now been revealed.
Since being arrested in September 2013, Gucci Mane has been spending his time behind bars. While he's managed to release hundreds of songs from his large cache while incarcerated, he's yet to partake in an interview.
Recently a report circulated that Dame Dash and Kanye West were interested in purchasing Karmaloop (although it appears they are about to go bankrupt, so now might not be the best time).
It appears XXL may not actually end all print editions of the hip-hop magazine, at least, this is according to their Editor-in-Chief Vanessa Satten.
Yesterday XXL dropped off a trailer for their forthcoming G-Unit documentary, which coincides with G-Unit's cover of the final print edition of XXL Magazine. Today XXL has quickly followed up with the first part of their documentary.
Wow, sad day. This is going to be the last one of these posts that we'll ever do. Anyways, XXL's final print edition is about to hit the shelves, and the cover's just been revealed. G-Unit grace that cover.
Just a week after VIBE magazine officially shut down their print edition, XXL magazine follows suit.
With #CarterVSeason underway, XXL has decided to slap Lil Wayne on the cover of their August/September issue, with the accompanying article entitled "Lil Wayne: Nothing Left To Prove." Check out the cover and some more snaps from the photo shoot (low-res unfor
It's always interesting to see where producers draw inspiration from when crafting their original instrumentals.
As always, this year's XXL Freshmen class was quite a talking point. While much was said about the cover, both positive and negative, one of the most blatant critiques of the class came from Comton rapper Game.
It’s that time of the year again fam. Everyone’s favorite new artist either get’s selected, or doesn’t. I’m talking 'bout for the cover of XXL Freshman Magazine y’all.
XXL are preparing for a big issue this month, as they've got Eminem, Dr. Dre and Jimmy Iovine gracing their new cover, which is a first. The magazine is celebrating all things Beats Electronics for the upcoming isssue.
In celebration of 40 years of hip hop, XXL is releasing five collector's edition cover issues of their magazine this month. The rappers that are being featured include Lil Wayne, Jay Z, Outkast, Snoop Dogg, & LL Cool J.
- Kendrick Lamar Shares "Kunta's Groove Sessions" Tour Dates, Jay Rock To Support5,799 Views82 Comments
- Young Chop Calls Out Kanye West For Using Chicago Artists17,960 Views142 Comments
- Beyonce, Jay Z, Kanye West, Rihanna & Pharrell All Suing French Clothing Company16,430 Views43 Comments
- The Game Don't Change: The Making Of "The Documentary 2"12,083 Views34 Comments
- Eminem Writes Essay On The Genius Of Tupac9,073 Views79 Comments
- Karrueche Tran Says Dating Chris Brown Has Made It Harder To Get Work25,491 Views86 Comments
- #TBT: Tech N9ne's Early Singles3,074 Views24 Comments
- GoldLink Announces Debut Album, Shares First Single3,565 Views13 Comments
- Quiz: How Well Do You Know The Game's "The Documentary"?7,377 Views33 Comments
- First Look At The Toronto Raptors' 'OVO' Alternate Jersey For This Season3,280 Views0 Comments
- N.W.A. & Janet Jackson Nominated For Rock & Roll Hall Of Fame2,695 Views26 Comments
- Wiz Khalifa's "See You Again" Becomes First Rap Video To Hit 1 Billion Views21,065 Views145 Comments
- Vince Staples & Mac Miller Discuss White Rappers & How They Fit Into Hip-Hop14,024 Views76 Comments
- BeatKing Reveals "3 Weeks" Tracklist, Artwork & Release Date2,778 Views9 Comments