As he arrived to perform at the XXL Freshmen concert in NYC last Tuesday night, Kidd Kidd was met with an unexpected, unpleasant surprise: undercover cops waiting to arrest him.
Earlier this afternoon XXL unveiled their 2015 XXL Freshmen cover after much anticipation. The cover's been a long time coming, with artists pushing for their spot several months ago.
The XXL Freshman list is always a huge conversation piece in the rap world, and this year should be no different. While the wait has seemed a little longer than usual, the full list and cover has now been revealed.
As is obvious from the multiple "who??" comments that still somehow show up on pretty much everything we post about Tink, many of you still need to get familiar with one of hip-hop's most talented young stars.
With every XXL Freshman Class, there's bound to be MCs included who will eventually flop-- that's just the nature of trying to predict who will break out in the sea of up-and-coming rappers.
XXL Freshmen flop all of the time. They're sort of like first round draft picks in that sense. But what happened to Charles Hamilton after he graced the 2009 cover was a different story entirely: the man all but dropped off the face of the earth.
Each year around the beginning of March, artists begin sending in pitches to XXL, hoping to wind up on the magazine’s highly-coveted Freshmen list.
Jarren Benton hasn't dropped a new project since My Grandmother's Basement last June, and he also hasn't dropped much in the way of new music either. That's not to say the (weirdest) member of Funk Volume hasn't kept himself busy.
We're cutting right to the chase in our new interview series, Quick5. The concept is simple-- we'll be asking some of your favorite artists 5 quick questions that are on our minds, and get a full update in about a minute's time.
It's no secret that Rich Homie Quan turns up-- that much he admits in an official statement made today. However, the ATL rapper made it clear that his recent hospitalization had nothing to do with sipping lean, or seizures for that matter.
Throughout Welcome to Forever Robert Bryson Hall II reflects upon the last year of his career. The opening title track recalls when Logic met Nas for the first time in the line, “Shook his hand then he started quoting my lines?
Kendrick Lamar and Schoolboy Q recently visited DJ Drama while out in Atlanta, and the two TDE rappers spoke on a bunch of current topics, such as the "Hottest MCs" list, Rick Ross' date rape lyrics, and the XXL Freshmen of 2013.
In a recent interview with MTV News, new XXL Freshmen Dizzy Wright spoke about making the cover for the magazine and his earlier career in the music industry.Las Vegas native, Dizzy Wright, got to talking with MTV and spoke about being the 10th person vot
Having set to perform for Chicago's WGCI Morning Riot anniversary party on April 4th, Kirko Bangz called up the radio station today for a quick chat about his new single, making the XXL Freshmen list, and not being a part of Houston's "I Been On" remix.
- Police Sketch Bears Strange Resemblance To T.I., According To Twitter4,780 Views18 Comments
- Charts Don't Lie: August 293,314 Views42 Comments
- Jay Z Caved And Got An Instagram Account17,691 Views51 Comments
- J Cole Brings Out Jay-Z, Big Sean, & Drake In Fayetteville41,340 Views53 Comments
- Kanye West To Perform "808s & Heartbreak" In Its Entirety In LA13,210 Views27 Comments
- 28 Grams: Hip Hop Instagram Recap (August 22-28)4,560 Views23 Comments
- Drake's Team Says Apple Didn't Interfere With Lil Weezyana Stream, Calls It A "Publicity Stunt"25,488 Views117 Comments
- Stream Two-9's New EP, "#AugustTwo9"4,954 Views12 Comments
- Lil Wayne Brought Out Drake, Curren$y, Master P & More At Lil Weezyana Fest36,298 Views36 Comments
- Jeezy Has Something New Coming In Two Days15,855 Views56 Comments
- Apple Blocked Tidal From Streaming Drake's Performance At Lil Weezyana Fest20,555 Views65 Comments
- Stream Lil Wayne's "Lil Weezyana Fest" On Tidal20,579 Views49 Comments
- Shy Glizzy & Zaytoven Announce New Mixtape "For Trappers Only"9,403 Views29 Comments
- First Week Sales Projections For The Weeknd's "Beauty Behind The Madness"31,729 Views88 Comments
- Ticket Giveaway: Mick Jenkins' "Wave[s]" Tour2,295 Views5 Comments