Here goes the second XXL Freshmen cypher of the batch. Yesterday we were treated to Raury, Tink, K Camp and Kidd Kidd's cypher, and today we get the pairing of GoldLink, OG Maco and Vince Staples.
After rolling out all the singular freestyles and XXL profiles on each of this year's XXL Freshmen, XXL continues to milk the list by releasing cyphers with each of the Freshmen divided into groups.
Kidd Kidd was the most surprising name on this year's XXL Freshmen cover, but he's attempting to show and prove with his freestyle, released today, as well as his new single "Ejected" featuring Lil Wayne. The newest and youngest member of G-Unit
XXL kicked off the week with a new Freshmen freestyle from one of two women that graced their recent cover, Tink. Tink swayed back-and-forth from rapping to singing, but today's Freshmen Freestyle from DMV rapper Shy Glizzy is just about bars.
As is customary, each XXL Freshmen is filmed spitting an acapella freestyle for the XXL cameras. After unveiling the new cover at the beginning of June, XXL is ready to start rolling out the freestyles, and they begin with New Jersey's own Fetty Wap.
Many of us were surprised to find out that Kidd Kidd nabbed a spot on the newly-revealed XXL Freshmen cover, and, even more surprised to see that it was the fan-voted 10th spot. Perhaps all the pushing from 50 Cent and G-Unit paid off.
Earlier this afternoon XXL unveiled their 2015 XXL Freshmen cover after much anticipation. The cover's been a long time coming, with artists pushing for their spot several months ago.
The XXL Freshman list is always a huge conversation piece in the rap world, and this year should be no different. While the wait has seemed a little longer than usual, the full list and cover has now been revealed.
As is obvious from the multiple "who??" comments that still somehow show up on pretty much everything we post about Tink, many of you still need to get familiar with one of hip-hop's most talented young stars.
With every XXL Freshman Class, there's bound to be MCs included who will eventually flop-- that's just the nature of trying to predict who will break out in the sea of up-and-coming rappers.
XXL Freshmen flop all of the time. They're sort of like first round draft picks in that sense. But what happened to Charles Hamilton after he graced the 2009 cover was a different story entirely: the man all but dropped off the face of the earth.
Each year around the beginning of March, artists begin sending in pitches to XXL, hoping to wind up on the magazine’s highly-coveted Freshmen list.
We've already seen plenty of footage from various XXL Freshmen-related events, including their debut on 106 & Park, their freestyles, and most recently the NYC stop of their tour.
- Joell Ortiz Says Slaughterhouse's Album "Glass House" Is Done333 Views2 Comments
- Young Thug Says Kanye Bought Him A Pair Of Yeezys From A Reseller On eBay2,301 Views0 Comments
- Review: King Los' "God, Money, War" 3,881 Views57 Comments
- Apple Music Officially Launchs, Pharrell Releases "Freedom" On It5,677 Views40 Comments
- The 10 Craziest Tour Riders In Hip-Hop6,249 Views32 Comments
- A$AP Rocky & Wiz Khalifa Announce European Tour0 Views17 Comments
- Online Air Jordan Restock Announced For Today3,351 Views0 Comments
- Top Tracks: June 22 - June 2814,802 Views12 Comments
- The Game Ordered To Pay Nanny $200K20,863 Views46 Comments
- Diddy On His Fall At The BET Awards: "I Busted My Ass!"14,168 Views33 Comments
- Dr. Dre's "The Chronic" Will Be Available To Stream For First Time On Apple Music9,541 Views46 Comments
- Meek Mill's Tour Rider Is Mostly Meat & Alcohol17,372 Views41 Comments
- Stream Main Attrakionz "808s & Dark Grapes III" & Read Our Interview With The Duo4,420 Views2 Comments
- Dwyane Wade Opts Out Of His Contract With The Miami Heat, Will Become A Free Agent3,559 Views0 Comments
- Method Man Reveals "The Meth Lab" Tracklist6,739 Views25 Comments
You may also like...
- Jason Derulo "Cheyenne" Video257 Views