Last week we pitted Rihanna and Teyana Taylor against each other in a Hotties Vs. battle. This week, we're having some rappers go head to head. We've selected some ladies who can definitely throw down on the mic-- and they're not too hard on the eyes either.
Rap is the most competitive genre in music. For decades, artists reveled in competition because they wanted to prove that they were elite.
The chemistry between Wayne and Drake is surreal. Even though Drake is considered Lil Wayne’s protégé, he has diligently worked his way up to his boss’ level and might have even superseded him.
Ever since Drake dropped off "0 To 100" right in the middle of Summer Jam on June 1st, rappers from every corner of the game have been clamoring to hop on the track, with everyone from Juicy J to Joell Ortiz spitting over Boi-1da, 40 and Nineteen85's ill produ
Without releasing an album, Drake has completely dominated the first two thirds or so of 2014, staying on the tip of everyone's tongues by delivering unexpected fireballs like "0 To 100/The Catch Up" and "Draft Day." But more so than anything else, the reason
One of the many unsung players in the game of hip-hop is the producer. So many of us tune into some music not even listening to the artist in question, but dancing along to the beat, most likely created by an entirely different person.
You gotta love A$AP Rocky and ScHoolboy Q. Despite having contrasting styles, they also share a few similarities. While ScHoolboy possesses a rugged in-your-face demeanor, Rocky is more fluid and flashy in terms of delivery.
Bobby Shmurda has without question had the most meteoric rise to the top in hip-hop this summer, going from hundreds to millions of YouTube views in a matter of days. Along with the "Shmoney Dance" Vine, his song "Hot Nigga" is much to blame for that rise.
Rick Ross changed the landscape of rap when he forged his indomitable empire Maybach Music Group. His new signees, Wale and Meek Mill, were unproven commodities who simply needed a chance to thrive and eclipse expectations.
Rae Sremmurd have become known for two reasons: their connection to Mike WiLL Made It (hence their name being "Ear Drummers" backwards) and their nearly ubiquitous hit "No Flex Zone." Lately, the track has inspired hip-hop heavyweights like Nicki Minaj, Pusha
New York has always had a strong lineage of lyrical rappers. The Notorious B.I.G., Nas, Rakim, and Jay Z cultivated New York Rap with their lyrical candor and unblemished wordplay.
"The Mixtape About Nothing" Vs. "More About Nothing" Vs. "The Album About Nothing" Apr 9, 2015 at 10:29am
Wale's Projects About Nothing demonstrated his love for Seinfeld mixed in with a healthy dose of alternative hip hop.
For the past two weeks, we've been polling you on your favorite versions of popular tracks. Last week Kevin Gates (somewhat surprisingly) took the cake in the "Cut Her Off" battle, and the week prior, G-Unit won the "0 To 100" contest by a landslide.
Raekwon's Only Built 4 Cuban Linx has been celebrated as a classic for some time, but one record from the Wu Tang Chef's debut album has managed to stay on the tip of our tongues over the last 20 years.
Last week, RiFF RAFF revealed on Twitter that he would be joining the WWE with the help of hall of famer Hulk Hogan. Professional wrestlers and rappers are more similar than you may think. They are both incredibly passionate about their trades.
New York City is the birthplace of hip hop. Well, the Bronx is, to be even more specific. Since its inception in the 1970s, hip hop has spread all over the world to become a dominating genre of music.
Take note, aspiring rappers - if you create a single that's both catchy and infectious enough to catch the ear of the mainstream, you could be thrust into the limelight sooner than you think (establishing connections doesn't hurt, either).
- Ranking The Top-10 Most Valuable Nike Foamposites 0 Views0 Comments
- Kanye West Was Reportedly Set To Perform At This Year's VMAs12,533 Views36 Comments
- D'Angelo's First TV Interview In Ten Years Airs This Week3,391 Views17 Comments
- The Weeknd's "Beauty Behind The Madness" By The Numbers14,983 Views37 Comments
- Jay Z Requests His Wealth Be Hidden From The Jury In "Big Pimpin'" Lawsuit21,463 Views44 Comments
- Michael Jordan's Space Jam Jersey Is Going Up For Auction For $10,0001,757 Views0 Comments
- Rap Industry Recap: August 20153,441 Views5 Comments
- Kanye West, ASAP Rocky, The Weeknd, Pusha T Star In New Alexander Wang Campaign16,665 Views44 Comments
- Tyler, The Creator Opens Up About Being Banned From The UK9,960 Views32 Comments
- The Weeknd To Perform On SNL2,640 Views16 Comments
- Five Things We Want From Rick Ross' "Black Dollar"15,991 Views51 Comments
- Kevin Gates Could Be Charged For Kicking A Female Fan In Florida10,392 Views78 Comments
- Chris Brown Is Being Sued By A Fan Who Was Injured At His Show8,017 Views20 Comments
- Top-8 September Sneaker Releases To Watch For2,697 Views0 Comments
- Powerhouse 2015 Line-Up Includes Kendrick Lamar, Big Sean, Future & More12,081 Views56 Comments
You may also like...
- K Camp Freestyles On Funkmaster Flex655 Views
- Tinashe "Bet" x "Feels Like Vegas" Video2,936 Views
- Majid Jordan Feat. Drake "My Love" Video9,561 Views