Last week we pitted Rihanna and Teyana Taylor against each other in a Hotties Vs. battle. This week, we're having some rappers go head to head. We've selected some ladies who can definitely throw down on the mic-- and they're not too hard on the eyes either.
Rap is the most competitive genre in music. For decades, artists reveled in competition because they wanted to prove that they were elite.
The chemistry between Wayne and Drake is surreal. Even though Drake is considered Lil Wayne’s protégé, he has diligently worked his way up to his boss’ level and might have even superseded him.
Ever since Drake dropped off "0 To 100" right in the middle of Summer Jam on June 1st, rappers from every corner of the game have been clamoring to hop on the track, with everyone from Juicy J to Joell Ortiz spitting over Boi-1da, 40 and Nineteen85's ill produ
Without releasing an album, Drake has completely dominated the first two thirds or so of 2014, staying on the tip of everyone's tongues by delivering unexpected fireballs like "0 To 100/The Catch Up" and "Draft Day." But more so than anything else, the reason
One of the many unsung players in the game of hip-hop is the producer. So many of us tune into some music not even listening to the artist in question, but dancing along to the beat, most likely created by an entirely different person.
Bobby Shmurda has without question had the most meteoric rise to the top in hip-hop this summer, going from hundreds to millions of YouTube views in a matter of days. Along with the "Shmoney Dance" Vine, his song "Hot Nigga" is much to blame for that rise.
"The Mixtape About Nothing" Vs. "More About Nothing" Vs. "The Album About Nothing" Apr 9, 2015 at 10:29am
Wale's Projects About Nothing demonstrated his love for Seinfeld mixed in with a healthy dose of alternative hip hop.
Rae Sremmurd have become known for two reasons: their connection to Mike WiLL Made It (hence their name being "Ear Drummers" backwards) and their nearly ubiquitous hit "No Flex Zone." Lately, the track has inspired hip-hop heavyweights like Nicki Minaj, Pusha
New York has always had a strong lineage of lyrical rappers. The Notorious B.I.G., Nas, Rakim, and Jay Z cultivated New York Rap with their lyrical candor and unblemished wordplay.
For the past two weeks, we've been polling you on your favorite versions of popular tracks. Last week Kevin Gates (somewhat surprisingly) took the cake in the "Cut Her Off" battle, and the week prior, G-Unit won the "0 To 100" contest by a landslide.
Raekwon's Only Built 4 Cuban Linx has been celebrated as a classic for some time, but one record from the Wu Tang Chef's debut album has managed to stay on the tip of our tongues over the last 20 years.
Last week, RiFF RAFF revealed on Twitter that he would be joining the WWE with the help of hall of famer Hulk Hogan. Professional wrestlers and rappers are more similar than you may think. They are both incredibly passionate about their trades.
Take note, aspiring rappers - if you create a single that's both catchy and infectious enough to catch the ear of the mainstream, you could be thrust into the limelight sooner than you think (establishing connections doesn't hurt, either).
- Samples Of The Week: A$AP Rocky Edition2 Views0 Comments
- Suspect In Lil Wayne Bus Shooting May Be Affiliated With Young Thug568 Views13 Comments
- What’s New In Battle Rap (May 29)561 Views0 Comments
- Jay Z Put On Blast For All-White TIDAL Staff6,574 Views72 Comments
- Q&A With A$AP Rocky's "A.L.L.A." Co-Executive Producer Hector Delgado 2,313 Views6 Comments
- Snoop Dogg Teams Up With Adidas For New Football Cleats336 Views0 Comments
- R. Kelly Announces New Album "Buffet"3,454 Views17 Comments
- Chance The Rapper & Social Experiment Drop "SURF" On iTunes; Available For Stream47,113 Views214 Comments
- Kendrick Lamar Continues To Film "Alright" Video In Los Angeles12,906 Views51 Comments
- Tyler, The Creator, Snoop Dogg, Yelawolf & More To Play Riot Fest4,058 Views13 Comments
- 10 Essential RL Grime Tracks7,539 Views13 Comments
- John Wall Kicked Off Flight After One Of His Boys Threatened A Passenger5,303 Views0 Comments
- Chris Brown: "I Refuse To Be Petty & Attention-Seeking"20,816 Views76 Comments
- Stream Little Simz's "AGE 101: DROP 4" EP2,082 Views8 Comments
- Text Like Kanye West With The New 'YeBoard App9,874 Views23 Comments
You may also like...
- Lil Mama "Sausage" Video4,730 Views