Last week we pitted Rihanna and Teyana Taylor against each other in a Hotties Vs. battle. This week, we're having some rappers go head to head. We've selected some ladies who can definitely throw down on the mic-- and they're not too hard on the eyes either.
Rap is the most competitive genre in music. For decades, artists reveled in competition because they wanted to prove that they were elite.
The chemistry between Wayne and Drake is surreal. Even though Drake is considered Lil Wayne’s protégé, he has diligently worked his way up to his boss’ level and might have even superseded him.
Ever since Drake dropped off "0 To 100" right in the middle of Summer Jam on June 1st, rappers from every corner of the game have been clamoring to hop on the track, with everyone from Juicy J to Joell Ortiz spitting over Boi-1da, 40 and Nineteen85's ill produ
Without releasing an album, Drake has completely dominated the first two thirds or so of 2014, staying on the tip of everyone's tongues by delivering unexpected fireballs like "0 To 100/The Catch Up" and "Draft Day." But more so than anything else, the reason
One of the many unsung players in the game of hip-hop is the producer. So many of us tune into some music not even listening to the artist in question, but dancing along to the beat, most likely created by an entirely different person.
Bobby Shmurda has without question had the most meteoric rise to the top in hip-hop this summer, going from hundreds to millions of YouTube views in a matter of days. Along with the "Shmoney Dance" Vine, his song "Hot Nigga" is much to blame for that rise.
"The Mixtape About Nothing" Vs. "More About Nothing" Vs. "The Album About Nothing" Apr 9, 2015 at 10:29am
Wale's Projects About Nothing demonstrated his love for Seinfeld mixed in with a healthy dose of alternative hip hop.
Rick Ross changed the landscape of rap when he forged his indomitable empire Maybach Music Group. His new signees, Wale and Meek Mill, were unproven commodities who simply needed a chance to thrive and eclipse expectations.
Rae Sremmurd have become known for two reasons: their connection to Mike WiLL Made It (hence their name being "Ear Drummers" backwards) and their nearly ubiquitous hit "No Flex Zone." Lately, the track has inspired hip-hop heavyweights like Nicki Minaj, Pusha
New York has always had a strong lineage of lyrical rappers. The Notorious B.I.G., Nas, Rakim, and Jay Z cultivated New York Rap with their lyrical candor and unblemished wordplay.
For the past two weeks, we've been polling you on your favorite versions of popular tracks. Last week Kevin Gates (somewhat surprisingly) took the cake in the "Cut Her Off" battle, and the week prior, G-Unit won the "0 To 100" contest by a landslide.
Raekwon's Only Built 4 Cuban Linx has been celebrated as a classic for some time, but one record from the Wu Tang Chef's debut album has managed to stay on the tip of our tongues over the last 20 years.
Last week, RiFF RAFF revealed on Twitter that he would be joining the WWE with the help of hall of famer Hulk Hogan. Professional wrestlers and rappers are more similar than you may think. They are both incredibly passionate about their trades.
Take note, aspiring rappers - if you create a single that's both catchy and infectious enough to catch the ear of the mainstream, you could be thrust into the limelight sooner than you think (establishing connections doesn't hurt, either).
- Stream Dreezy's "Call It What You Want" EP1,409 Views5 Comments
- VH1 Announces Premiere Date For The Game's Dating Show "She's Got Game"5,770 Views37 Comments
- Mariah Carey To Get Her Own Star On Hollywood Walk Of Fame2,200 Views18 Comments
- Shy Glizzy Arrested In Maryland13,712 Views16 Comments
- David Banner Sues Young Money Over Alleged Unpaid Royalties10,218 Views32 Comments
- Fetty Wap The First Male Rapper To Have Two Top 10 Singles Since Lil Wayne26,761 Views153 Comments
- Damian Lillard Releases New Song Using Classic Jadakiss Beat2,078 Views0 Comments
- Chance The Rapper Announces "Family Matters" Tour5,101 Views9 Comments
- Chance The Rapper Says Kanye West Almost Narrated "Surf"6,634 Views16 Comments
- 7 Times Rappers Trolled The World16,554 Views22 Comments
- Young Thug Waives His Preliminary Hearing In Terroristic Threats Case10,553 Views27 Comments
- Macklemore & Ryan Lewis Cover Complex4,019 Views51 Comments
- Ebro Speaks On Funk Flex Fiasco, Responds To Power 105.126,015 Views51 Comments
- Charlamagne Tha God Gives Funkmaster Flex "Donkey Of The Day"35,110 Views61 Comments
- Mac Miller's Journey To Finish His 3rd Studio Album12,814 Views43 Comments
You may also like...