Last week we pitted Rihanna and Teyana Taylor against each other in a Hotties Vs. battle. This week, we're having some rappers go head to head. We've selected some ladies who can definitely throw down on the mic-- and they're not too hard on the eyes either.
Rap is the most competitive genre in music. For decades, artists reveled in competition because they wanted to prove that they were elite.
The chemistry between Wayne and Drake is surreal. Even though Drake is considered Lil Wayne’s protégé, he has diligently worked his way up to his boss’ level and might have even superseded him.
Ever since Drake dropped off "0 To 100" right in the middle of Summer Jam on June 1st, rappers from every corner of the game have been clamoring to hop on the track, with everyone from Juicy J to Joell Ortiz spitting over Boi-1da, 40 and Nineteen85's ill produ
Without releasing an album, Drake has completely dominated the first two thirds or so of 2014, staying on the tip of everyone's tongues by delivering unexpected fireballs like "0 To 100/The Catch Up" and "Draft Day." But more so than anything else, the reason
One of the many unsung players in the game of hip-hop is the producer. So many of us tune into some music not even listening to the artist in question, but dancing along to the beat, most likely created by an entirely different person.
Bobby Shmurda has without question had the most meteoric rise to the top in hip-hop this summer, going from hundreds to millions of YouTube views in a matter of days. Along with the "Shmoney Dance" Vine, his song "Hot Nigga" is much to blame for that rise.
"The Mixtape About Nothing" Vs. "More About Nothing" Vs. "The Album About Nothing" Apr 9, 2015 at 10:29am
Wale's Projects About Nothing demonstrated his love for Seinfeld mixed in with a healthy dose of alternative hip hop.
Rick Ross changed the landscape of rap when he forged his indomitable empire Maybach Music Group. His new signees, Wale and Meek Mill, were unproven commodities who simply needed a chance to thrive and eclipse expectations.
Rae Sremmurd have become known for two reasons: their connection to Mike WiLL Made It (hence their name being "Ear Drummers" backwards) and their nearly ubiquitous hit "No Flex Zone." Lately, the track has inspired hip-hop heavyweights like Nicki Minaj, Pusha
New York has always had a strong lineage of lyrical rappers. The Notorious B.I.G., Nas, Rakim, and Jay Z cultivated New York Rap with their lyrical candor and unblemished wordplay.
For the past two weeks, we've been polling you on your favorite versions of popular tracks. Last week Kevin Gates (somewhat surprisingly) took the cake in the "Cut Her Off" battle, and the week prior, G-Unit won the "0 To 100" contest by a landslide.
Raekwon's Only Built 4 Cuban Linx has been celebrated as a classic for some time, but one record from the Wu Tang Chef's debut album has managed to stay on the tip of our tongues over the last 20 years.
Last week, RiFF RAFF revealed on Twitter that he would be joining the WWE with the help of hall of famer Hulk Hogan. Professional wrestlers and rappers are more similar than you may think. They are both incredibly passionate about their trades.
Take note, aspiring rappers - if you create a single that's both catchy and infectious enough to catch the ear of the mainstream, you could be thrust into the limelight sooner than you think (establishing connections doesn't hurt, either).
- Review: Meek Mill's "Dreams Worth More Than Money"372 Views17 Comments
- Future Explains Why He Nixed His BET Awards Performance23 Views1 Comment
- Meek Mill Says Kendrick Lamar & J. Cole Don't Inspire HIm5,001 Views56 Comments
- #TBT: A Tribe Called Quest475 Views3 Comments
- Chris Brown Files Documents To Establish Paternity 7,212 Views21 Comments
- First Look At The Yeezy 950 Boot Releasing This Fall3,411 Views0 Comments
- First Week Sales Projections For Meek Mill’s “Dreams Worth More Than Money”25,763 Views136 Comments
- Rick Ross Released From Jail After Posting $2 Million Bail31,403 Views91 Comments
- Young Money Rapper, Flow, Arrested On Charges Of Double Murder24,255 Views69 Comments
- Tyga's "The Gold Album" Sold 2,200 Copies Its Opening Week48,560 Views216 Comments
- Rap Industry Recap: June 20153,329 Views3 Comments
- Rome Fortune Intentionally Tweets Dick Pic16,986 Views50 Comments
- Joe Budden Announces Release Date For "All Love Lost"5,713 Views13 Comments
- Review: Tyga's "The Gold Album: 18th Dynasty"23,788 Views154 Comments
- The Game Facing Felony And Misdemeanor Charges For Punching Off-Duty Cop8,669 Views18 Comments
You may also like...
- Meek Mill "5 Fingers Of Death" Freestyle2,220 Views