Rick Ross changed the landscape of rap when he forged his indomitable empire Maybach Music Group. His new signees, Wale and Meek Mill, were unproven commodities who simply needed a chance to thrive and eclipse expectations.
New York has always had a strong lineage of lyrical rappers. The Notorious B.I.G., Nas, Rakim, and Jay Z cultivated New York Rap with their lyrical candor and unblemished wordplay.
The chemistry between Wayne and Drake is surreal. Even though Drake is considered Lil Wayne’s protégé, he has diligently worked his way up to his boss’ level and might have even superseded him.
"The Mixtape About Nothing" Vs. "More About Nothing" Vs. "The Album About Nothing" Apr 9, 2015 at 10:29am
Wale's Projects About Nothing demonstrated his love for Seinfeld mixed in with a healthy dose of alternative hip hop.
Rap is the most competitive genre in music. For decades, artists reveled in competition because they wanted to prove that they were elite.
Raekwon's Only Built 4 Cuban Linx has been celebrated as a classic for some time, but one record from the Wu Tang Chef's debut album has managed to stay on the tip of our tongues over the last 20 years.
Last week, RiFF RAFF revealed on Twitter that he would be joining the WWE with the help of hall of famer Hulk Hogan. Professional wrestlers and rappers are more similar than you may think. They are both incredibly passionate about their trades.
Without releasing an album, Drake has completely dominated the first two thirds or so of 2014, staying on the tip of everyone's tongues by delivering unexpected fireballs like "0 To 100/The Catch Up" and "Draft Day." But more so than anything else, the reason
Bobby Shmurda has without question had the most meteoric rise to the top in hip-hop this summer, going from hundreds to millions of YouTube views in a matter of days. Along with the "Shmoney Dance" Vine, his song "Hot Nigga" is much to blame for that rise.
Rae Sremmurd have become known for two reasons: their connection to Mike WiLL Made It (hence their name being "Ear Drummers" backwards) and their nearly ubiquitous hit "No Flex Zone." Lately, the track has inspired hip-hop heavyweights like Nicki Minaj, Pusha
For the past two weeks, we've been polling you on your favorite versions of popular tracks. Last week Kevin Gates (somewhat surprisingly) took the cake in the "Cut Her Off" battle, and the week prior, G-Unit won the "0 To 100" contest by a landslide.
Ever since Drake dropped off "0 To 100" right in the middle of Summer Jam on June 1st, rappers from every corner of the game have been clamoring to hop on the track, with everyone from Juicy J to Joell Ortiz spitting over Boi-1da, 40 and Nineteen85's ill produ
One of the many unsung players in the game of hip-hop is the producer. So many of us tune into some music not even listening to the artist in question, but dancing along to the beat, most likely created by an entirely different person.
Last week we pitted Rihanna and Teyana Taylor against each other in a Hotties Vs. battle. This week, we're having some rappers go head to head. We've selected some ladies who can definitely throw down on the mic-- and they're not too hard on the eyes either.
Take note, aspiring rappers - if you create a single that's both catchy and infectious enough to catch the ear of the mainstream, you could be thrust into the limelight sooner than you think (establishing connections doesn't hurt, either).
- Fetty Wap Reportedly Walked Out On An Olive Garden Bill2,399 Views27 Comments
- Snoop Dogg's Money Seized After Attempting To Travel With $400k In Cash8,212 Views25 Comments
- WWE Reportedly "Looking Into" Meek Mill's Use Of The Undertaker's Entrance Music28,335 Views172 Comments
- Classic Rotation: Raekwon "Only Built 4 Cuban Linx"2,531 Views7 Comments
- Andre 3000 Joins Cast Of ABC’s “American Crime” Series3,845 Views15 Comments
- Azealia Banks Adds Her Two Cents To The Meek Mill & Drake Debate48,705 Views151 Comments
- 140 Bars: Top Tweets Of The Week (July 25 - 31)9,248 Views0 Comments
- Top-5 August Sneaker Releases To Watch For3,160 Views0 Comments
- Meek Mill Is Charlamagne's "Donkey Of The Day"46,012 Views125 Comments
- French Montana Logs Studio Time With Justin Bieber & Mariah Carey6,224 Views33 Comments
- Stream Lil Debbie's "Home Grown" EP3,455 Views5 Comments
- Everything We Know About Drake Getting Peed On60,007 Views215 Comments
- Staff Picks Playlist (July 31)7,284 Views9 Comments
- Meek Mill Sends More Shots At Drake & Quentin Miller On Instagram 123,098 Views377 Comments
- Lance Stephenson Releases A New Song, Says He's The Best Ballin' Rapper In The Game3,109 Views0 Comments
You may also like...
- Young Money Yawn "I Be Shinning" Video1,442 Views
- Riff Raff Feat. Ghetty "Twerk It Out" Video1,068 Views