New York has always had a strong lineage of lyrical rappers. The Notorious B.I.G., Nas, Rakim, and Jay Z cultivated New York Rap with their lyrical candor and unblemished wordplay.
The chemistry between Wayne and Drake is surreal. Even though Drake is considered Lil Wayne’s protégé, he has diligently worked his way up to his boss’ level and might have even superseded him.
"The Mixtape About Nothing" Vs. "More About Nothing" Vs. "The Album About Nothing" Apr 9, 2015 at 10:29am
Wale's Projects About Nothing demonstrated his love for Seinfeld mixed in with a healthy dose of alternative hip hop.
Rap is the most competitive genre in music. For decades, artists reveled in competition because they wanted to prove that they were elite.
Raekwon's Only Built 4 Cuban Linx has been celebrated as a classic for some time, but one record from the Wu Tang Chef's debut album has managed to stay on the tip of our tongues over the last 20 years.
Last week, RiFF RAFF revealed on Twitter that he would be joining the WWE with the help of hall of famer Hulk Hogan. Professional wrestlers and rappers are more similar than you may think. They are both incredibly passionate about their trades.
Without releasing an album, Drake has completely dominated the first two thirds or so of 2014, staying on the tip of everyone's tongues by delivering unexpected fireballs like "0 To 100/The Catch Up" and "Draft Day." But more so than anything else, the reason
Bobby Shmurda has without question had the most meteoric rise to the top in hip-hop this summer, going from hundreds to millions of YouTube views in a matter of days. Along with the "Shmoney Dance" Vine, his song "Hot Nigga" is much to blame for that rise.
Rae Sremmurd have become known for two reasons: their connection to Mike WiLL Made It (hence their name being "Ear Drummers" backwards) and their nearly ubiquitous hit "No Flex Zone." Lately, the track has inspired hip-hop heavyweights like Nicki Minaj, Pusha
For the past two weeks, we've been polling you on your favorite versions of popular tracks. Last week Kevin Gates (somewhat surprisingly) took the cake in the "Cut Her Off" battle, and the week prior, G-Unit won the "0 To 100" contest by a landslide.
Ever since Drake dropped off "0 To 100" right in the middle of Summer Jam on June 1st, rappers from every corner of the game have been clamoring to hop on the track, with everyone from Juicy J to Joell Ortiz spitting over Boi-1da, 40 and Nineteen85's ill produ
One of the many unsung players in the game of hip-hop is the producer. So many of us tune into some music not even listening to the artist in question, but dancing along to the beat, most likely created by an entirely different person.
Last week we pitted Rihanna and Teyana Taylor against each other in a Hotties Vs. battle. This week, we're having some rappers go head to head. We've selected some ladies who can definitely throw down on the mic-- and they're not too hard on the eyes either.
Take note, aspiring rappers - if you create a single that's both catchy and infectious enough to catch the ear of the mainstream, you could be thrust into the limelight sooner than you think (establishing connections doesn't hurt, either).
- Action Bronson's Public NXNE Performance Cancelled Following Misogyny Criticism2,129 Views14 Comments
- Nicki Minaj "Demands" Orgasms, Advises Women To Do The Same11,536 Views40 Comments
- 140 Bars: Tweets Of The Week (May 23 - 29)2,297 Views2 Comments
- The #SausageMovement Doesn't Appreciate Lil Mama's New Song8,180 Views32 Comments
- President Obama's 'MTM' Air Jordan Pack Officially Revealed2,144 Views0 Comments
- Iggy Azalea Cancels Entire "Great Escape" Tour9,907 Views49 Comments
- "SURF" Got You Feeling Like What? Fans Rejoice On Twitter7,110 Views41 Comments
- A$AP Rocky Says He Wanted To Re-Do His Verse On "M'$" After Hearing Lil Wayne's16,776 Views46 Comments
- Allen Iverson Announces Multi-Year Partnership With Stance Socks2,236 Views0 Comments
- Beyoncé's Albums Could Potentially Be Stripped From Tidal9,292 Views15 Comments
- Staff Picks (May 29)1,176 Views1 Comment
- Samples Of The Week: A$AP Rocky Edition4,555 Views3 Comments
- Suspect In Lil Wayne Bus Shooting May Be Affiliated With Young Thug14,273 Views74 Comments
- What’s New In Battle Rap (May 29)2,131 Views0 Comments
- Jay Z Put On Blast For All-White TIDAL Staff13,067 Views111 Comments
You may also like...