New York has always had a strong lineage of lyrical rappers. The Notorious B.I.G., Nas, Rakim, and Jay Z cultivated New York Rap with their lyrical candor and unblemished wordplay.
The chemistry between Wayne and Drake is surreal. Even though Drake is considered Lil Wayne’s protégé, he has diligently worked his way up to his boss’ level and might have even superseded him.
"The Mixtape About Nothing" Vs. "More About Nothing" Vs. "The Album About Nothing" Apr 9, 2015 at 10:29am
Wale's Projects About Nothing demonstrated his love for Seinfeld mixed in with a healthy dose of alternative hip hop.
Rap is the most competitive genre in music. For decades, artists reveled in competition because they wanted to prove that they were elite.
Raekwon's Only Built 4 Cuban Linx has been celebrated as a classic for some time, but one record from the Wu Tang Chef's debut album has managed to stay on the tip of our tongues over the last 20 years.
Last week, RiFF RAFF revealed on Twitter that he would be joining the WWE with the help of hall of famer Hulk Hogan. Professional wrestlers and rappers are more similar than you may think. They are both incredibly passionate about their trades.
Without releasing an album, Drake has completely dominated the first two thirds or so of 2014, staying on the tip of everyone's tongues by delivering unexpected fireballs like "0 To 100/The Catch Up" and "Draft Day." But more so than anything else, the reason
Bobby Shmurda has without question had the most meteoric rise to the top in hip-hop this summer, going from hundreds to millions of YouTube views in a matter of days. Along with the "Shmoney Dance" Vine, his song "Hot Nigga" is much to blame for that rise.
Rae Sremmurd have become known for two reasons: their connection to Mike WiLL Made It (hence their name being "Ear Drummers" backwards) and their nearly ubiquitous hit "No Flex Zone." Lately, the track has inspired hip-hop heavyweights like Nicki Minaj, Pusha
For the past two weeks, we've been polling you on your favorite versions of popular tracks. Last week Kevin Gates (somewhat surprisingly) took the cake in the "Cut Her Off" battle, and the week prior, G-Unit won the "0 To 100" contest by a landslide.
Ever since Drake dropped off "0 To 100" right in the middle of Summer Jam on June 1st, rappers from every corner of the game have been clamoring to hop on the track, with everyone from Juicy J to Joell Ortiz spitting over Boi-1da, 40 and Nineteen85's ill produ
One of the many unsung players in the game of hip-hop is the producer. So many of us tune into some music not even listening to the artist in question, but dancing along to the beat, most likely created by an entirely different person.
Last week we pitted Rihanna and Teyana Taylor against each other in a Hotties Vs. battle. This week, we're having some rappers go head to head. We've selected some ladies who can definitely throw down on the mic-- and they're not too hard on the eyes either.
Take note, aspiring rappers - if you create a single that's both catchy and infectious enough to catch the ear of the mainstream, you could be thrust into the limelight sooner than you think (establishing connections doesn't hurt, either).
- Kehlani Announces "You Should Be Here" Tour1,618 Views3 Comments
- Stream Jamie xx's Debut Album, "In Colour"2,248 Views6 Comments
- Happy Birthday Miles: 10 Miles Davis Samples In Hip-Hop3,590 Views4 Comments
- Pusha T Responds To Leaked Track, Calls "King Push" A "Masterpiece"15,841 Views57 Comments
- 5 Producers The Weeknd Should Work With7,874 Views22 Comments
- Juelz Santana & Jadakiss Suggest Benefit Concert For Chinx's Family4,837 Views22 Comments
- Meek Mill & Nicki Minaj Aren't Actually Engaged18,257 Views35 Comments
- Stream The Alchemist's Instrumental Album "Israeli Salad"3,148 Views4 Comments
- Lil B Will Be In Attendance For Game 5 To Personally Curse James Harden3,224 Views0 Comments
- Birdman Pays The IRS $2 Million In Back Taxes9,275 Views29 Comments
- Air Jordan 7 'Championship Pack' Officially Unveiled 1,518 Views0 Comments
- Stream ASAP Rocky's Sophomore Album "At.Long.Last.A$AP"105,513 Views216 Comments
- Stream Boosie Badazz' New Album "Touchdown 2 Cause Hell"23,165 Views58 Comments
- ASAP Rocky To Release "At.Long.Last.ASAP" At Midnight Tonight70,674 Views195 Comments
- Top Tracks of the Week: May 17- May 2417,551 Views7 Comments