N.W.A. and Janet Jackson are among the list of nominees for the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame's class of 2016.
The Game has taken on a new reality show that mirrors Flavor Flav's "Flavor of Love" with VH1. The TV show, which The Game previously spoke about the show on HOT 97, revealing the motive behind it ($$, unsurprisingly).
New York City is the birthplace of hip hop. Well, the Bronx is, to be even more specific. Since its inception in the 1970s, hip hop has spread all over the world to become a dominating genre of music.
You gotta love A$AP Rocky and ScHoolboy Q. Despite having contrasting styles, they also share a few similarities. While ScHoolboy possesses a rugged in-your-face demeanor, Rocky is more fluid and flashy in terms of delivery.
Rick Ross changed the landscape of rap when he forged his indomitable empire Maybach Music Group. His new signees, Wale and Meek Mill, were unproven commodities who simply needed a chance to thrive and eclipse expectations.
New York has always had a strong lineage of lyrical rappers. The Notorious B.I.G., Nas, Rakim, and Jay Z cultivated New York Rap with their lyrical candor and unblemished wordplay.
The chemistry between Wayne and Drake is surreal. Even though Drake is considered Lil Wayne’s protégé, he has diligently worked his way up to his boss’ level and might have even superseded him.
"The Mixtape About Nothing" Vs. "More About Nothing" Vs. "The Album About Nothing" Apr 9, 2015 at 10:29am
Wale's Projects About Nothing demonstrated his love for Seinfeld mixed in with a healthy dose of alternative hip hop.
Rap is the most competitive genre in music. For decades, artists reveled in competition because they wanted to prove that they were elite.
Raekwon's Only Built 4 Cuban Linx has been celebrated as a classic for some time, but one record from the Wu Tang Chef's debut album has managed to stay on the tip of our tongues over the last 20 years.
Last week, RiFF RAFF revealed on Twitter that he would be joining the WWE with the help of hall of famer Hulk Hogan. Professional wrestlers and rappers are more similar than you may think. They are both incredibly passionate about their trades.
Without releasing an album, Drake has completely dominated the first two thirds or so of 2014, staying on the tip of everyone's tongues by delivering unexpected fireballs like "0 To 100/The Catch Up" and "Draft Day." But more so than anything else, the reason
Bobby Shmurda has without question had the most meteoric rise to the top in hip-hop this summer, going from hundreds to millions of YouTube views in a matter of days. Along with the "Shmoney Dance" Vine, his song "Hot Nigga" is much to blame for that rise.
Rae Sremmurd have become known for two reasons: their connection to Mike WiLL Made It (hence their name being "Ear Drummers" backwards) and their nearly ubiquitous hit "No Flex Zone." Lately, the track has inspired hip-hop heavyweights like Nicki Minaj, Pusha
For the past two weeks, we've been polling you on your favorite versions of popular tracks. Last week Kevin Gates (somewhat surprisingly) took the cake in the "Cut Her Off" battle, and the week prior, G-Unit won the "0 To 100" contest by a landslide.
Ever since Drake dropped off "0 To 100" right in the middle of Summer Jam on June 1st, rappers from every corner of the game have been clamoring to hop on the track, with everyone from Juicy J to Joell Ortiz spitting over Boi-1da, 40 and Nineteen85's ill produ
One of the many unsung players in the game of hip-hop is the producer. So many of us tune into some music not even listening to the artist in question, but dancing along to the beat, most likely created by an entirely different person.
Last week we pitted Rihanna and Teyana Taylor against each other in a Hotties Vs. battle. This week, we're having some rappers go head to head. We've selected some ladies who can definitely throw down on the mic-- and they're not too hard on the eyes either.
Take note, aspiring rappers - if you create a single that's both catchy and infectious enough to catch the ear of the mainstream, you could be thrust into the limelight sooner than you think (establishing connections doesn't hurt, either).
- John Legend & Chrissy Teigen Expecting First Child Together149 Views12 Comments
- Tracklist Revealed For DJ Khaled’s “I Changed A Lot” Album6,779 Views47 Comments
- Lil Wayne's Ex Karrine Steffans Blasts Him For His Sex Tape Performance52,121 Views201 Comments
- Rich The Kid & ILoveMakonnen To Release "Whip It Up" Mixtape6,223 Views54 Comments
- Future Buys Drake Diamond-Encrusted FBGOVO Ring30,971 Views211 Comments
- BET Hip Hop Awards 2015 Green Carpet Interviews: T-Pain, DeJ, Esco, & More7,575 Views10 Comments
- LeBron James Ends His Deal With McDonald's To Become A Pizza Franchisee11,581 Views0 Comments
- Ty Dolla $ign To Release "Airplane Mode" Mixtape Tomorrow7,715 Views32 Comments
- Rihanna Named One Of "The Greats" By NYTimes Style Magazine2,904 Views28 Comments
- Lil Durk & Dej Loaf: "Next Big Hip-Hop Couple"22,786 Views66 Comments
- BET Hip Hop Awards 2015 Cypher To Feature Vince Staples, Redman, & More22,232 Views131 Comments
- DJ Khaled Announces Album Release Date, Two Singles Dropping Today13,469 Views76 Comments
- Chance The Rapper Performs New Song, Mentions Third Mixtape11,897 Views30 Comments
- Four New Colorways Of The Adidas Yeezy 950 Boot Unveiled3,037 Views0 Comments
- Kanye West Was Urged Against Dating White Women When He Was Young20,836 Views103 Comments