Ever since he got the nod from Kanye West, Vic Mensa has been steadily accumulating hype.
Vic Mensa debuted a pair of new tracks during his performance at Echoplex in L.A. Thursday night. The first was "No Chill," which incorporates Allen Iverson's "practice" speech into its hook.
Vic Mensa received the co-sign of all co-signs when Kanye West brought him out to perform their duet, "Wolves" on SNL, and since them the rapper has continued on a higher platform, releasing his triumphant banger, "U Mad," last month, which also received a lit
Charles Hamilton and Vic Mensa are about as different from one another as underground-minded rappers can be.
Here goes another sit-down with Vic Mensa, also from his NYC press run. In addition to chopping it up with Sway In The Morning, the Chicago native chopped it up with MTV.
Vic Mensa is definitely coming up in the world, in part thanks to a major Kanye West co-sign (that includes a verse from Ye on his hard-hitting single "U Mad").
Back in February, Vic Mensa went from Freshmen to rising superstar after singing on Kanye West's "Wolves." He's now got 'Ye on his own record, "U Mad," and just last week, he signed to Jay Z's Roc Nation. And he hasn't even put out an album yet.
After a busy weekend that included the unveiling of his "Yeezy: Season 1" collection with adidas, Kanye West went to NBC Studios to perform on the 40th anniversary special of Saturday Night Live.
Vic Mensa has been experimenting with plenty of different production styles over the last little while, including rapping over Disclosure, and going full UK Dance with his mostly sung venture, "Down On My Luck".
Vic scored his biggest hit yet with the UK Dance-inspired "Down On My Luck", which owed at least some of its success to its inventive and memorable video. Mensa has gone similarly conceptual with his new video for "Feel That", which finds him in the midst of
XXL has finished the roll out of individual cyphers for each rapper on this year's XXL Freshmen list, and with that we get the first group cypher. The first cypher has Kevin Gates, Vic Mensa, August Alsina, Isaiah Rashad and Chance The Rapper.
After receiving Rich Homie Quan's XXL Freshmen freestyle the other day, the next one up to drop a freestyle for XXL is Chicago's Vic Mensa. We also received Ty Dolla $ign's r'n'b acapella earlier this week, which you can peep here.
Vic Mensa surprised everyone with his latest single, "Down On My Luck", a very uncompromising take on UK dance music. Vic keeps his swift delivery, but applies it to an entirely sung verse and chorus, complete with instrumental breaks and beat drops.
With Vic Mensa‘s solo career steadily on the rise, the exciting opportunity to travel across the world has opened up for him. During his run of tour dates with Danny Brown, the Chicago rapper had the chance to visit London’s own Proud Camden for a show.
While out in New York City today, Schoolboy Q, Vic Mensa, and Vado decided to visit MTV’s Rapfix Live studio and bless the stage with a freestyle for the viewers. Remaining seated, the three spittas went a capella and closed out the program on the mic.
- 10 Essential Baauer Tracks193 Views1 Comment
- 50 Cent Covers Muscle & Fitness For His 40th Birthday1,188 Views9 Comments
- Kid Cudi Says "Speedin' Bullet To Heaven" Is 98% Done, Single Out This Month2,612 Views19 Comments
- Will Smith Reveals He's Been Working With Drake On Jaden Smith's Beats 1 Radio Show7,395 Views21 Comments
- Dr. Dre's Beats 1 Radio Show Debuts Today3,843 Views9 Comments
- Meek Mill Disses Joe Budden Over Comments About His Relationship With Nicki Minaj44,194 Views213 Comments
- Stream Lil Wayne's "Free Weezy Album" On Tidal118,013 Views726 Comments
- Album Cover & Tracklist Revealed For Lil Wayne's "Free Weezy Album"70,505 Views142 Comments
- Joe Budden On Meek Mill's Affection For Nicki Minaj: "I Hate Everything About It"58,372 Views80 Comments
- Run The Jewels Have A Weekly Beats 1 Radio Show & It Starts Tonight1,982 Views3 Comments
- Classic Rotation: D'Angelo's "Brown Sugar"2,748 Views9 Comments
- Young Thug Delays "Slime Season" Mixtape: "Sorry 4 The Wait!"43,319 Views166 Comments
- All-Black Colorway Of The Adidas Yeezy 350 Boost To Release This Fall4,166 Views0 Comments
- Review: Vince Staples' "Summertime '06"11,316 Views70 Comments
- Chris Brown & The Mother Of His Child Go Back & Forth On Instagram31,147 Views68 Comments
You may also like...