Ever since he got the nod from Kanye West, Vic Mensa has been steadily accumulating hype.
Vic Mensa debuted a pair of new tracks during his performance at Echoplex in L.A. Thursday night. The first was "No Chill," which incorporates Allen Iverson's "practice" speech into its hook.
Vic Mensa received the co-sign of all co-signs when Kanye West brought him out to perform their duet, "Wolves" on SNL, and since them the rapper has continued on a higher platform, releasing his triumphant banger, "U Mad," last month, which also received a lit
Charles Hamilton and Vic Mensa are about as different from one another as underground-minded rappers can be.
Here goes another sit-down with Vic Mensa, also from his NYC press run. In addition to chopping it up with Sway In The Morning, the Chicago native chopped it up with MTV.
Vic Mensa is definitely coming up in the world, in part thanks to a major Kanye West co-sign (that includes a verse from Ye on his hard-hitting single "U Mad").
Back in February, Vic Mensa went from Freshmen to rising superstar after singing on Kanye West's "Wolves." He's now got 'Ye on his own record, "U Mad," and just last week, he signed to Jay Z's Roc Nation. And he hasn't even put out an album yet.
After a busy weekend that included the unveiling of his "Yeezy: Season 1" collection with adidas, Kanye West went to NBC Studios to perform on the 40th anniversary special of Saturday Night Live.
Vic Mensa has been experimenting with plenty of different production styles over the last little while, including rapping over Disclosure, and going full UK Dance with his mostly sung venture, "Down On My Luck".
Vic scored his biggest hit yet with the UK Dance-inspired "Down On My Luck", which owed at least some of its success to its inventive and memorable video. Mensa has gone similarly conceptual with his new video for "Feel That", which finds him in the midst of
XXL has finished the roll out of individual cyphers for each rapper on this year's XXL Freshmen list, and with that we get the first group cypher. The first cypher has Kevin Gates, Vic Mensa, August Alsina, Isaiah Rashad and Chance The Rapper.
After receiving Rich Homie Quan's XXL Freshmen freestyle the other day, the next one up to drop a freestyle for XXL is Chicago's Vic Mensa. We also received Ty Dolla $ign's r'n'b acapella earlier this week, which you can peep here.
Vic Mensa surprised everyone with his latest single, "Down On My Luck", a very uncompromising take on UK dance music. Vic keeps his swift delivery, but applies it to an entirely sung verse and chorus, complete with instrumental breaks and beat drops.
With Vic Mensa‘s solo career steadily on the rise, the exciting opportunity to travel across the world has opened up for him. During his run of tour dates with Danny Brown, the Chicago rapper had the chance to visit London’s own Proud Camden for a show.
While out in New York City today, Schoolboy Q, Vic Mensa, and Vado decided to visit MTV’s Rapfix Live studio and bless the stage with a freestyle for the viewers. Remaining seated, the three spittas went a capella and closed out the program on the mic.
- Eminem Debuts Official Video For “Phenomenal” On Apple Music440 Views7 Comments
- 10 Luxury Raps Found On Tyga's "The Gold Album"9,527 Views34 Comments
- Childish Gambino's "Atlanta" TV Show Gets A Cast7,385 Views2 Comments
- Rae Sremmurd Say 2nd Album Dropping In December, Wiz Khalifa Collab Coming Soon8,777 Views27 Comments
- Gucci Mane Announces "The Stars Of The Trap" Tour10,948 Views29 Comments
- Real Vs. Fake 'Shattered Backboard' Air Jordan 1433 Views0 Comments
- Kendrick Lamar Responds To Fox News Criticism Of BET Awards Performance27,159 Views112 Comments
- Review: Meek Mill's "Dreams Worth More Than Money"21,162 Views217 Comments
- Future Explains Why He Nixed His BET Awards Performance23,535 Views41 Comments
- Meek Mill Says Kendrick Lamar & J. Cole Don't Inspire HIm26,209 Views201 Comments
- #TBT: A Tribe Called Quest1,259 Views7 Comments
- Chris Brown Files Documents To Establish Paternity 11,924 Views29 Comments
- First Look At The Yeezy 950 Boot Releasing This Fall4,705 Views0 Comments
- First Week Sales Projections For Meek Mill’s “Dreams Worth More Than Money”36,858 Views149 Comments
- Rick Ross Released From Jail After Posting $2 Million Bail36,413 Views94 Comments
You may also like...