On Tuesday, we found out that Vic Mensa is now officially the newest member of Jay Z’s Roc Nation label. With the buzz heavy, the Chicago rapper made his way by the Power 106 studios in LA and sat down with Justin Credible for a little on-air chat.
21-year-old Vic Mensa can now look at his haters and say, with impunity: "Oh u mad, huh?" He just signed with Roc Nation Records, the label owned by Jay Z, and that's a big deal for a guy who only has a mixtape and EP to his name (or any guy, really).
Tyler, The Creator, Vic Mensa, T-Pain, More Tapped For Mad Decent Block Party Apr 17, 2015 at 05:54pm
The Mad Decent Block Party has managed to grow every year, and the 2015 event is no exception, with the fest touting a very large lineup and a 22-date schedule.
Although he once claimed to be "so Chi" that you thought he was bashful, Kanye West isn't frequently thought of as a quintessential Chicago rapper, with his global fame often overshadowing his ties to his hometown. Mr.
Vic Mensa got his biggest break to date by singing on Kanye West's "Wolves", which will appear on So Help Me God. The collaboration doesn't stop there, though, as Kanye will also lend a verse to Vic's upcoming album.
Chancelor Bennett is only 21 years old, but most of us know him as Chance The Rapper. It's through this moniker that he's brought his artistry to the world over the past few years.
Kanye West recently debuted his latest single "All Day" at the 2015 Brit Awards in London.
This week featured one of the craziest news cycles all around in recent memory. If you used Google or have been alive the past week, you're fully aware hip-hop has turned up. In fact, some are arguing this year is already better than all of 2015.
Kanye West Premieres New Song "Wolves" Featuring Vic Mensa & Sia [Update: Listen To Higher Quality Version] Feb 12, 2015 at 09:19pm
Right now in Brooklyn, Kanye West is hosting a fashion show for his new "Yeezy Boost" shoe, but attendees are getting much more than a runway show.
Vic Mensa is barely old enough to drink, but that hasn't stopped this 21-year-old MC from livin' the life. After touring with Disclosure earlier this year, Mensa's popularity has been on the steady rise.
Commercial rap conversation often revolves around the same dozen or so artists, with the spotlight constricting further in regional rap discussions. This is especially true of Chicago.
The Save Money crew is still pretty young to the rap game, but if the successes of members Chance the Rapper and Vic Mensa are any indicator (both MCs have appeared on the new XXL Freshmen 2014 cover) it won’t take long for them to become a household name.
- Freddie Gibbs Is The Happiest Dad On Earth2,663 Views14 Comments
- Charts Don't Lie: April 254,133 Views18 Comments
- Daz Dillinger Has Two Unreleased Songs With Biggie Smalls Still In The Vault6,635 Views24 Comments
- 10 Essential Yung Lean Tracks 5,921 Views37 Comments
- Ciara Previews Two New Songs On Instagram4,704 Views14 Comments
- Classic Rotation: Mobb Deep's "The Infamous"1,805 Views13 Comments
- Diddy & Mark Wahlberg Put $250k On Mayweather-Pacquiao Fight18,981 Views24 Comments
- Chief Keef Announces New Album "The Cozart"16,202 Views78 Comments
- 50 Cent Explains His Sudden Reunion With Floyd Mayweather30,434 Views30 Comments
- Rich Homie Quan Announces New Mixtape Title & Release Date58,721 Views81 Comments
- Waka Flocka Flame Says Beef With Gucci Mane Is "Under The Rug"... For Now19,449 Views24 Comments
- Undercover Folk Songs From Yelawolf's "Love Story"5,249 Views24 Comments
- Waka Flocka Talks "Flockaveli 2," Says Listening To Pop Music Is "Gangsta"6,233 Views21 Comments
- Pusha T & Travi$ Scott Perform At BAPE 10th Anniversary Party4,781 Views18 Comments
You may also like...