In the hour leading up to the release of his video for "U Mad," Vic Mensa opened his Tumblr to fan questions.
With a new Roc Nation deal, Kanye West feature, and album on the way, Vic Mensa's ready to head out on a headlining tour this summer. His "Traffic Tour Pt.
The Internet Tap Tyler, The Creator, Vic Mensa & More For New Album "Ego Death" Jun 2, 2015 at 09:59am
After Tyler, The Creator had everyone up in arms that the Odd Future collective had folded, the tangent group to OFWGKTA, The Internet, have popped up on iTunes today with a pre-order available for their new album, Ego Death.
Kanye West & Vic Mensa Put On Surprise Performance At Chance The Rapper's "Open Mike" Event May 11, 2015 at 10:53pm
Over the past few months, Chance The Rapper has been hosting "Open Mike" nights for High School students in Chicago, getting kids off the streets and into poetry/music.
Business moves quick, and that's no exception for the rap world. From the hottest new signings, to movie deals, to album pushbacks, the industry is constantly in motion.
rap industry recap Nas Lil Wayne Chance The Rapper Joey Bada$$ Killer Mike Vic Mensa araabMUZIK Migos Rich Homie Quan Big Sean Lil Durk Gucci Mane Diplo Kendrick Lamar Suge Knight Snoop Dogg Audio Push Drake Future Nelly Madonna Charles Hamilton spike lee Kanye West Common Tyler, The Creator GoldLink Frank Ocean The Game Tech N9ne Kid Cudi Diddy Rihanna Eminem
On April 12, 25-year-old Freddie Gray was arrested in Baltimore for possession of a switchblade, though it's still not clear why he was pursued in the first place.
On Tuesday, we found out that Vic Mensa is now officially the newest member of Jay Z’s Roc Nation label. With the buzz heavy, the Chicago rapper made his way by the Power 106 studios in LA and sat down with Justin Credible for a little on-air chat.
21-year-old Vic Mensa can now look at his haters and say, with impunity: "Oh u mad, huh?" He just signed with Roc Nation Records, the label owned by Jay Z, and that's a big deal for a guy who only has a mixtape and EP to his name (or any guy, really).
Tyler, The Creator, Vic Mensa, T-Pain, More Tapped For Mad Decent Block Party Apr 17, 2015 at 05:54pm
The Mad Decent Block Party has managed to grow every year, and the 2015 event is no exception, with the fest touting a very large lineup and a 22-date schedule.
Although he once claimed to be "so Chi" that you thought he was bashful, Kanye West isn't frequently thought of as a quintessential Chicago rapper, with his global fame often overshadowing his ties to his hometown. Mr.
Vic Mensa got his biggest break to date by singing on Kanye West's "Wolves", which will appear on So Help Me God. The collaboration doesn't stop there, though, as Kanye will also lend a verse to Vic's upcoming album.
Chancelor Bennett is only 21 years old, but most of us know him as Chance The Rapper. It's through this moniker that he's brought his artistry to the world over the past few years.
Kanye West recently debuted his latest single "All Day" at the 2015 Brit Awards in London.
This week featured one of the craziest news cycles all around in recent memory. If you used Google or have been alive the past week, you're fully aware hip-hop has turned up. In fact, some are arguing this year is already better than all of 2015.
Kanye West Premieres New Song "Wolves" Featuring Vic Mensa & Sia [Update: Listen To Higher Quality Version] Feb 12, 2015 at 09:19pm
Right now in Brooklyn, Kanye West is hosting a fashion show for his new "Yeezy Boost" shoe, but attendees are getting much more than a runway show.
Vic Mensa is barely old enough to drink, but that hasn't stopped this 21-year-old MC from livin' the life. After touring with Disclosure earlier this year, Mensa's popularity has been on the steady rise.
Commercial rap conversation often revolves around the same dozen or so artists, with the spotlight constricting further in regional rap discussions. This is especially true of Chicago.
The Save Money crew is still pretty young to the rap game, but if the successes of members Chance the Rapper and Vic Mensa are any indicator (both MCs have appeared on the new XXL Freshmen 2014 cover) it won’t take long for them to become a household name.
- Charts Don't Lie: July 4th3,233 Views11 Comments
- Freddie Gibbs Previews New Gucci Mane Collab, Says New Album "On The Way"1,781 Views10 Comments
- Fans Trash Nightclub After Boosie Badazz No-Show3,254 Views12 Comments
- 10 Essential Baauer Tracks3,041 Views1 Comment
- 50 Cent Covers Muscle & Fitness For His 40th Birthday4,828 Views23 Comments
- Kid Cudi Says "Speedin' Bullet To Heaven" Is 98% Done, Single Out This Month5,940 Views35 Comments
- Will Smith Reveals He's Been Working With Drake On Jaden Smith's Beats 1 Radio Show13,636 Views27 Comments
- Dr. Dre's Beats 1 Radio Show Debuts Today5,341 Views11 Comments
- Meek Mill Disses Joe Budden Over Comments About His Relationship With Nicki Minaj54,433 Views225 Comments
- Stream Lil Wayne's "Free Weezy Album" On Tidal131,538 Views768 Comments
- Album Cover & Tracklist Revealed For Lil Wayne's "Free Weezy Album"73,781 Views144 Comments
- Joe Budden On Meek Mill's Affection For Nicki Minaj: "I Hate Everything About It"61,640 Views82 Comments
- Run The Jewels Have A Weekly Beats 1 Radio Show & It Starts Tonight2,115 Views3 Comments
- Classic Rotation: D'Angelo's "Brown Sugar"2,882 Views9 Comments
- Young Thug Delays "Slime Season" Mixtape: "Sorry 4 The Wait!"46,743 Views166 Comments