Vic Mensa received the co-sign of all co-signs when Kanye West brought him out to perform their duet, "Wolves" on SNL, and since them the rapper has continued on a higher platform, releasing his triumphant banger, "U Mad," last month, which also received a lit
Charles Hamilton and Vic Mensa are about as different from one another as underground-minded rappers can be.
Here goes another sit-down with Vic Mensa, also from his NYC press run. In addition to chopping it up with Sway In The Morning, the Chicago native chopped it up with MTV.
Vic Mensa is definitely coming up in the world, in part thanks to a major Kanye West co-sign (that includes a verse from Ye on his hard-hitting single "U Mad").
Kanye West & Vic Mensa Put On Surprise Performance At Chance The Rapper's "Open Mike" Event May 11, 2015 at 10:53pm
Over the past few months, Chance The Rapper has been hosting "Open Mike" nights for High School students in Chicago, getting kids off the streets and into poetry/music.
Business moves quick, and that's no exception for the rap world. From the hottest new signings, to movie deals, to album pushbacks, the industry is constantly in motion.
rap industry recap Nas Lil Wayne Chance The Rapper Joey Bada$$ Killer Mike Vic Mensa araabMUZIK Migos Rich Homie Quan Big Sean Lil Durk Gucci Mane Diplo Kendrick Lamar Suge Knight Snoop Dogg Audio Push Drake Future Nelly Madonna Charles Hamilton spike lee Kanye West Common Tyler, The Creator GoldLink Frank Ocean The Game Tech N9ne Kid Cudi Diddy Rihanna Eminem
On April 12, 25-year-old Freddie Gray was arrested in Baltimore for possession of a switchblade, though it's still not clear why he was pursued in the first place.
Back in February, Vic Mensa went from Freshmen to rising superstar after singing on Kanye West's "Wolves." He's now got 'Ye on his own record, "U Mad," and just last week, he signed to Jay Z's Roc Nation. And he hasn't even put out an album yet.
On Tuesday, we found out that Vic Mensa is now officially the newest member of Jay Z’s Roc Nation label. With the buzz heavy, the Chicago rapper made his way by the Power 106 studios in LA and sat down with Justin Credible for a little on-air chat.
21-year-old Vic Mensa can now look at his haters and say, with impunity: "Oh u mad, huh?" He just signed with Roc Nation Records, the label owned by Jay Z, and that's a big deal for a guy who only has a mixtape and EP to his name (or any guy, really).
Tyler, The Creator, Vic Mensa, T-Pain, More Tapped For Mad Decent Block Party Apr 17, 2015 at 05:54pm
The Mad Decent Block Party has managed to grow every year, and the 2015 event is no exception, with the fest touting a very large lineup and a 22-date schedule.
Although he once claimed to be "so Chi" that you thought he was bashful, Kanye West isn't frequently thought of as a quintessential Chicago rapper, with his global fame often overshadowing his ties to his hometown. Mr.
Vic Mensa got his biggest break to date by singing on Kanye West's "Wolves", which will appear on So Help Me God. The collaboration doesn't stop there, though, as Kanye will also lend a verse to Vic's upcoming album.
Chancelor Bennett is only 21 years old, but most of us know him as Chance The Rapper. It's through this moniker that he's brought his artistry to the world over the past few years.
Kanye West recently debuted his latest single "All Day" at the 2015 Brit Awards in London.
After a busy weekend that included the unveiling of his "Yeezy: Season 1" collection with adidas, Kanye West went to NBC Studios to perform on the 40th anniversary special of Saturday Night Live.
This week featured one of the craziest news cycles all around in recent memory. If you used Google or have been alive the past week, you're fully aware hip-hop has turned up. In fact, some are arguing this year is already better than all of 2015.
Kanye West Premieres New Song "Wolves" Featuring Vic Mensa & Sia [Update: Listen To Higher Quality Version] Feb 12, 2015 at 09:19pm
Right now in Brooklyn, Kanye West is hosting a fashion show for his new "Yeezy Boost" shoe, but attendees are getting much more than a runway show.
- Chris Brown: "I Refuse To Be Petty & Attention-Seeking"6 Views0 Comments
- Stream Little Simz's "AGE 101: DROP 4" EP133 Views3 Comments
- Text Like Kanye West With The New 'YeBoard App2,001 Views9 Comments
- #TBT: Ludacris619 Views3 Comments
- Chance The Rapper's "SURF" Is Complete, Full Of Guest Appearances6,170 Views15 Comments
- Review: A$AP Rocky's "A.L.L.A."10,416 Views123 Comments
- Dwight Howard Says He's 'Still A Champion' After Blowout Loss1,556 Views0 Comments
- Fun Fun Fun Fest Announces Lineup, Feat. Wu-Tang Clan, Schoolboy Q & More2,030 Views8 Comments
- Tyler, The Creator Reminisces About Odd Future, Says OFWGKTA Is "No More"15,861 Views29 Comments
- Kid Cudi Says There Will Be No Features On "Speedin' Bullet To Heaven"6,579 Views54 Comments
- Jared Dudley Says Carmelo Anthony Is The Most Overrated Player In The NBA3,081 Views0 Comments
- New Release Date For Jeremih's "Late Nights: The Album" Surfaces8,208 Views35 Comments
- Kanye West Settles Lawsuit Over "Bound 2" Sample9,335 Views23 Comments
- Boosie Badazz Reveals Why He Got Sick At His New York Show13,985 Views22 Comments
- Places & Faces Referenced On ASAP Rocky's "A.L.L.A."18,316 Views27 Comments