Ever since he got the nod from Kanye West, Vic Mensa has been steadily accumulating hype.
Vic Mensa debuted a pair of new tracks during his performance at Echoplex in L.A. Thursday night. The first was "No Chill," which incorporates Allen Iverson's "practice" speech into its hook.
In the hour leading up to the release of his video for "U Mad," Vic Mensa opened his Tumblr to fan questions.
With a new Roc Nation deal, Kanye West feature, and album on the way, Vic Mensa's ready to head out on a headlining tour this summer. His "Traffic Tour Pt.
The Internet Tap Tyler, The Creator, Vic Mensa & More For New Album "Ego Death" Jun 2, 2015 at 09:59am
After Tyler, The Creator had everyone up in arms that the Odd Future collective had folded, the tangent group to OFWGKTA, The Internet, have popped up on iTunes today with a pre-order available for their new album, Ego Death.
Vic Mensa received the co-sign of all co-signs when Kanye West brought him out to perform their duet, "Wolves" on SNL, and since them the rapper has continued on a higher platform, releasing his triumphant banger, "U Mad," last month, which also received a lit
Charles Hamilton and Vic Mensa are about as different from one another as underground-minded rappers can be.
Here goes another sit-down with Vic Mensa, also from his NYC press run. In addition to chopping it up with Sway In The Morning, the Chicago native chopped it up with MTV.
Vic Mensa is definitely coming up in the world, in part thanks to a major Kanye West co-sign (that includes a verse from Ye on his hard-hitting single "U Mad").
Kanye West & Vic Mensa Put On Surprise Performance At Chance The Rapper's "Open Mike" Event May 11, 2015 at 10:53pm
Over the past few months, Chance The Rapper has been hosting "Open Mike" nights for High School students in Chicago, getting kids off the streets and into poetry/music.
Business moves quick, and that's no exception for the rap world. From the hottest new signings, to movie deals, to album pushbacks, the industry is constantly in motion.
rap industry recap Nas Lil Wayne Chance The Rapper Joey Bada$$ Killer Mike Vic Mensa araabMUZIK Migos Rich Homie Quan Big Sean Lil Durk Gucci Mane Diplo Kendrick Lamar Suge Knight Snoop Dogg Audio Push Drake Future Nelly Madonna Charles Hamilton spike lee Kanye West Common Tyler, The Creator GoldLink Frank Ocean The Game Tech N9ne Kid Cudi Diddy Rihanna Eminem
On April 12, 25-year-old Freddie Gray was arrested in Baltimore for possession of a switchblade, though it's still not clear why he was pursued in the first place.
Back in February, Vic Mensa went from Freshmen to rising superstar after singing on Kanye West's "Wolves." He's now got 'Ye on his own record, "U Mad," and just last week, he signed to Jay Z's Roc Nation. And he hasn't even put out an album yet.
On Tuesday, we found out that Vic Mensa is now officially the newest member of Jay Z’s Roc Nation label. With the buzz heavy, the Chicago rapper made his way by the Power 106 studios in LA and sat down with Justin Credible for a little on-air chat.
21-year-old Vic Mensa can now look at his haters and say, with impunity: "Oh u mad, huh?" He just signed with Roc Nation Records, the label owned by Jay Z, and that's a big deal for a guy who only has a mixtape and EP to his name (or any guy, really).
Tyler, The Creator, Vic Mensa, T-Pain, More Tapped For Mad Decent Block Party Apr 17, 2015 at 05:54pm
The Mad Decent Block Party has managed to grow every year, and the 2015 event is no exception, with the fest touting a very large lineup and a 22-date schedule.
Although he once claimed to be "so Chi" that you thought he was bashful, Kanye West isn't frequently thought of as a quintessential Chicago rapper, with his global fame often overshadowing his ties to his hometown. Mr.
Vic Mensa got his biggest break to date by singing on Kanye West's "Wolves", which will appear on So Help Me God. The collaboration doesn't stop there, though, as Kanye will also lend a verse to Vic's upcoming album.
- Run The Jewels Have A Weekly Beats 1 Radio Show & It Starts Tonight206 Views0 Comments
- Classic Rotation: D'Angelo's "Brown Sugar"566 Views4 Comments
- Young Thug Delays "Slime Season" Mixtape: "Sorry 4 The Wait!"15,266 Views118 Comments
- All-Black Colorway Of The Adidas Yeezy 350 Boost To Release This Fall2,468 Views0 Comments
- Review: Vince Staples' "Summertime '06"5,778 Views51 Comments
- Chris Brown & The Mother Of His Child Go Back & Forth On Instagram18,855 Views57 Comments
- Stream Ghostface Killah & Adrian Younge's "Twelve Reasons To Die II"1,926 Views6 Comments
- 140 Bars: Tweets Of The Week (June 27 - July 3)4,588 Views6 Comments
- Diddy's Assault Case Rejected By District Attorney6,498 Views18 Comments
- Eminem Debuts Official Video For “Phenomenal” On Apple Music8,797 Views27 Comments
- 10 Luxury Raps Found On Tyga's "The Gold Album"17,369 Views46 Comments
- Childish Gambino's "Atlanta" TV Show Gets A Cast12,768 Views3 Comments
- Rae Sremmurd Say 2nd Album Dropping In December, Wiz Khalifa Collab Coming Soon15,453 Views36 Comments
- Gucci Mane Announces "The Stars Of The Trap" Tour18,783 Views34 Comments
- Real Vs. Fake 'Shattered Backboard' Air Jordan 1808 Views0 Comments
You may also like...