Back in February, Vic Mensa went from Freshmen to rising superstar after singing on Kanye West's "Wolves." He's now got 'Ye on his own record, "U Mad," and just last week, he signed to Jay Z's Roc Nation. And he hasn't even put out an album yet.
On Tuesday, we found out that Vic Mensa is now officially the newest member of Jay Z’s Roc Nation label. With the buzz heavy, the Chicago rapper made his way by the Power 106 studios in LA and sat down with Justin Credible for a little on-air chat.
21-year-old Vic Mensa can now look at his haters and say, with impunity: "Oh u mad, huh?" He just signed with Roc Nation Records, the label owned by Jay Z, and that's a big deal for a guy who only has a mixtape and EP to his name (or any guy, really).
Tyler, The Creator, Vic Mensa, T-Pain, More Tapped For Mad Decent Block Party Apr 17, 2015 at 05:54pm
The Mad Decent Block Party has managed to grow every year, and the 2015 event is no exception, with the fest touting a very large lineup and a 22-date schedule.
Although he once claimed to be "so Chi" that you thought he was bashful, Kanye West isn't frequently thought of as a quintessential Chicago rapper, with his global fame often overshadowing his ties to his hometown. Mr.
Vic Mensa got his biggest break to date by singing on Kanye West's "Wolves", which will appear on So Help Me God. The collaboration doesn't stop there, though, as Kanye will also lend a verse to Vic's upcoming album.
Chancelor Bennett is only 21 years old, but most of us know him as Chance The Rapper. It's through this moniker that he's brought his artistry to the world over the past few years.
Kanye West recently debuted his latest single "All Day" at the 2015 Brit Awards in London.
After a busy weekend that included the unveiling of his "Yeezy: Season 1" collection with adidas, Kanye West went to NBC Studios to perform on the 40th anniversary special of Saturday Night Live.
This week featured one of the craziest news cycles all around in recent memory. If you used Google or have been alive the past week, you're fully aware hip-hop has turned up. In fact, some are arguing this year is already better than all of 2015.
Kanye West Premieres New Song "Wolves" Featuring Vic Mensa & Sia [Update: Listen To Higher Quality Version] Feb 12, 2015 at 09:19pm
Right now in Brooklyn, Kanye West is hosting a fashion show for his new "Yeezy Boost" shoe, but attendees are getting much more than a runway show.
Michael Uzowuru is a Southern California producer who has lent his instrumental experiments to the likes of Earl Sweatshirt, Vince Staples, and Domo Genesis, but one of his most successful collaborators has been Vic Mensa.
Vic Mensa is barely old enough to drink, but that hasn't stopped this 21-year-old MC from livin' the life. After touring with Disclosure earlier this year, Mensa's popularity has been on the steady rise.
Commercial rap conversation often revolves around the same dozen or so artists, with the spotlight constricting further in regional rap discussions. This is especially true of Chicago.
Vic Mensa has been experimenting with plenty of different production styles over the last little while, including rapping over Disclosure, and going full UK Dance with his mostly sung venture, "Down On My Luck".
"We had a day off in Houston a couple of years ago, so we made this. It was featured on Illroots Radio Volume Three.Five."
- 10 Essential Yung Lean Tracks 2,603 Views18 Comments
- Ciara Previews Two New Songs On Instagram2,662 Views14 Comments
- Classic Rotation: Mobb Deep's "The Infamous"1,437 Views12 Comments
- Diddy & Mark Wahlberg Put $250k On Mayweather-Pacquiao Fight14,104 Views24 Comments
- Chief Keef Announces New Album "The Cozart"12,633 Views73 Comments
- 50 Cent Explains His Sudden Reunion With Floyd Mayweather26,539 Views33 Comments
- Rich Homie Quan Announces New Mixtape Title & Release Date55,107 Views119 Comments
- Waka Flocka Flame Says Beef With Gucci Mane Is "Under The Rug"... For Now17,583 Views25 Comments
- Undercover Folk Songs From Yelawolf's "Love Story"4,786 Views26 Comments
- Waka Flocka Talks "Flockaveli 2," Says Listening To Pop Music Is "Gangsta"5,761 Views26 Comments
- Pusha T & Travi$ Scott Perform At BAPE 10th Anniversary Party4,314 Views22 Comments
- Staff Picks Playlist (April 24)1,833 Views8 Comments
- Chance The Rapper Cancels Tour Dates Following Illness9,650 Views52 Comments
- Ranking Fabolous' Friday Freestyles From Worst To Best9,816 Views36 Comments