Dan Charnas wrote a veritable hip-hop encyclopedia with his book "The Big Payback: the History of the Business of Hip-Hop." Although it reads more like a novel, it is encyclopedic in the way that Charnas includes information on just about every aspect of the
Complex reports that The Roots drummer and hip-hop icon Questlove is all set to executive produce a new VH1 music-based series titled "Soundclash" for the network's Fall programming schedule.
Onto the final segment of our four part interview series, Ashlee Ray talks about what we can expect with the reality program depicting the beloved Hot 97 morning show, with Peter Rosenberg, Ebro, and Cipha.
Continuing with with the third part in our four part interview series, Ashlee Ray talks about the game as it stands today with Peter Rosenberg, Ebro, and Cipha, as we await their upcoming "This Is Hot97" program.
VH1’s "The Fabolous Life" series has been brought back for an all new season recently. With Kanye West and Kim Kardashian already being highlighted, this week’s episode turns its focus onto The Carters.
As we initially reported back in October, Steve Stoute's "Tanning Of America" has been turned into a four-part documentary for VH1. The documentary is inspired and based off Stoute's book of the same name, which was released in 2012.
Ghostface is entering the reality TV game, albeit unconventionally. Rather than take the Love & Hip Hop route, Ghost will appear in VH1's couples therapy, opposite his girl, Kelsey Nykole.
Wu-Tang Clan rapper Ghostface Killah will be the next hip hop artist that we get to witness work through his tumultuous relationship on national television.
TLC's biopic "CrazySexyCool: The TLC Story" aired on VH1 last week, and now that TLC's former manager, Perri "Pebbles" Reid, has finally seen the movie and how she was depicted in it, she has a bone to pick with VH1.
VH1 Working On Four-Part Hip-Hop Documentary Based Off Steve Stoute's "Tanning Of America" Oct 30, 2013 at 06:07pm
VH1 is working on what sounds like it'll be huge documentary about the culture of hip-hop, as told by Steve Stoute in his 2012 book "The Tanning of America:How Hip-Hop Created a Culture That Rewrote the Rules of the New Economy." VH1 has teamed up with Billy C
- Classic Rotation: Outkast "Southernplayalisticadillacmuzik"233 Views1 Comment
- Chief Keef Announces New Album "The Cozart"6,581 Views47 Comments
- 50 Cent Explains His Sudden Reunion With Floyd Mayweather15,606 Views27 Comments
- Rich Homie Quan Announces New Mixtape Title & Release Date39,101 Views112 Comments
- Waka Flocka Flame Says Beef With Gucci Mane Is "Under The Rug"... For Now12,528 Views24 Comments
- Undercover Folk Songs From Yelawolf's "Love Story"3,275 Views24 Comments
- Waka Flocka Talks "Flockaveli 2," Says Listening To Pop Music Is "Gangsta"4,370 Views23 Comments
- Pusha T & Travi$ Scott Perform At BAPE 10th Anniversary Party3,129 Views22 Comments
- Staff Picks Playlist (April 24)1,358 Views7 Comments
- Chance The Rapper Cancels Tour Dates Following Illness7,261 Views48 Comments
- Ranking Fabolous' Friday Freestyles From Worst To Best7,594 Views36 Comments
- Dame Dash Is Suing His Ex-Wife For $2.5 Million6,326 Views28 Comments
- Lyrics On Big Sean's "Stay Down" Rumored To Play Part In Break-Up With Ariana Grande31,002 Views117 Comments
- Shady Music Publishing Signs Rapper/Producer Astray5,797 Views22 Comments
- Blac Chyna Puts Alleged Text Messages From Tyga On Blast46,956 Views123 Comments