Dan Charnas wrote a veritable hip-hop encyclopedia with his book "The Big Payback: the History of the Business of Hip-Hop." Although it reads more like a novel, it is encyclopedic in the way that Charnas includes information on just about every aspect of the
Complex reports that The Roots drummer and hip-hop icon Questlove is all set to executive produce a new VH1 music-based series titled "Soundclash" for the network's Fall programming schedule.
Onto the final segment of our four part interview series, Ashlee Ray talks about what we can expect with the reality program depicting the beloved Hot 97 morning show, with Peter Rosenberg, Ebro, and Cipha.
Continuing with with the third part in our four part interview series, Ashlee Ray talks about the game as it stands today with Peter Rosenberg, Ebro, and Cipha, as we await their upcoming "This Is Hot97" program.
VH1’s "The Fabolous Life" series has been brought back for an all new season recently. With Kanye West and Kim Kardashian already being highlighted, this week’s episode turns its focus onto The Carters.
As we initially reported back in October, Steve Stoute's "Tanning Of America" has been turned into a four-part documentary for VH1. The documentary is inspired and based off Stoute's book of the same name, which was released in 2012.
Ghostface is entering the reality TV game, albeit unconventionally. Rather than take the Love & Hip Hop route, Ghost will appear in VH1's couples therapy, opposite his girl, Kelsey Nykole.
Wu-Tang Clan rapper Ghostface Killah will be the next hip hop artist that we get to witness work through his tumultuous relationship on national television.
TLC's biopic "CrazySexyCool: The TLC Story" aired on VH1 last week, and now that TLC's former manager, Perri "Pebbles" Reid, has finally seen the movie and how she was depicted in it, she has a bone to pick with VH1.
VH1 Working On Four-Part Hip-Hop Documentary Based Off Steve Stoute's "Tanning Of America" Oct 30, 2013 at 06:07 PM
VH1 is working on what sounds like it'll be huge documentary about the culture of hip-hop, as told by Steve Stoute in his 2012 book "The Tanning of America:How Hip-Hop Created a Culture That Rewrote the Rules of the New Economy." VH1 has teamed up with Billy C
- Lil Wayne Performs In Miami, Hands Out "Free Weezy Album" T-Shirts2,134 Views12 Comments
- Wiz Khalifa & Amber Rose Are Working Toward Joint Custody Of Their Son3,976 Views12 Comments
- Travi$ Scott & Young Thug Bring Out Kanye West & Chris Brown In L.A.6,392 Views23 Comments
- Kevin Gates Offers Opinion On Obama: "Get this N---a Out of Office"18,964 Views94 Comments
- Classic Rotation: Ol' Dirty Bastard's "Return To The 36 Chambers: The Dirty Version"2,070 Views7 Comments
- Top-10 Fantasy Basketball Surprises 726 Views0 Comments
- Immortal Technique Arrested On Suspicion Of Assault And Robbery5,776 Views24 Comments
- 10 Things You Didn't Know About Big L's "Lifestylez Ov Da Poor & Dangerous"4,769 Views19 Comments
- Rich Homie Quan's Alleged Speedboat Getaway Is Untrue8,002 Views20 Comments
- O.T. Genasis Arrested In L.A. 13,462 Views27 Comments
- New Tupac Music Is On The Way17,892 Views82 Comments
- Charts Don't Lie: March 2810,484 Views51 Comments
- Big Sean Has A BAPE Collaboration Dropping Next Month7,994 Views20 Comments
- Six Kendrick Lamar Songs Make Billboard's Hot 10011,683 Views95 Comments
- A$AP Mob Sued For Injuring Fan While Crowd Surfing 5,536 Views33 Comments