Dan Charnas wrote a veritable hip-hop encyclopedia with his book "The Big Payback: the History of the Business of Hip-Hop." Although it reads more like a novel, it is encyclopedic in the way that Charnas includes information on just about every aspect of the
Complex reports that The Roots drummer and hip-hop icon Questlove is all set to executive produce a new VH1 music-based series titled "Soundclash" for the network's Fall programming schedule.
Onto the final segment of our four part interview series, Ashlee Ray talks about what we can expect with the reality program depicting the beloved Hot 97 morning show, with Peter Rosenberg, Ebro, and Cipha.
Continuing with with the third part in our four part interview series, Ashlee Ray talks about the game as it stands today with Peter Rosenberg, Ebro, and Cipha, as we await their upcoming "This Is Hot97" program.
VH1’s "The Fabolous Life" series has been brought back for an all new season recently. With Kanye West and Kim Kardashian already being highlighted, this week’s episode turns its focus onto The Carters.
As we initially reported back in October, Steve Stoute's "Tanning Of America" has been turned into a four-part documentary for VH1. The documentary is inspired and based off Stoute's book of the same name, which was released in 2012.
Ghostface is entering the reality TV game, albeit unconventionally. Rather than take the Love & Hip Hop route, Ghost will appear in VH1's couples therapy, opposite his girl, Kelsey Nykole.
Wu-Tang Clan rapper Ghostface Killah will be the next hip hop artist that we get to witness work through his tumultuous relationship on national television.
TLC's biopic "CrazySexyCool: The TLC Story" aired on VH1 last week, and now that TLC's former manager, Perri "Pebbles" Reid, has finally seen the movie and how she was depicted in it, she has a bone to pick with VH1.
VH1 Working On Four-Part Hip-Hop Documentary Based Off Steve Stoute's "Tanning Of America" Oct 30, 2013 at 06:07pm
VH1 is working on what sounds like it'll be huge documentary about the culture of hip-hop, as told by Steve Stoute in his 2012 book "The Tanning of America:How Hip-Hop Created a Culture That Rewrote the Rules of the New Economy." VH1 has teamed up with Billy C
- Drake Swaps "Madonna" Lyrics For "Rihanna" During Houston Show3,485 Views15 Comments
- Stream Dizzy Wright's Album "The Growing Process"1,172 Views7 Comments
- Tyson Beckford Takes Selfie With Karrueche Tran, Chris Brown Is Pissed10,667 Views47 Comments
- Dizzy Wright Songs To Soundtrack Your Summer2,806 Views3 Comments
- Rihanna And DC Comics Beefing Over "Robyn" Trademark11,242 Views33 Comments
- Chelsea Celebrate Premier League Title By Singing O.T. Genasis' "CoCo"13,757 Views50 Comments
- ASAP Rocky Turned His Instagram Profile Into One Huge Art Piece31,171 Views48 Comments
- Underrated Audio: May 17 - May 234,053 Views1 Comment
- Listen To Dr. Dre "2Nite" Feat. Kendrick Lamar & Jeremih Leak51,832 Views118 Comments
- Classic Rotation: Common's "Be"3,489 Views17 Comments
- ASAP Rocky Is Given Acid By Makonnen, Proceeds To Have Sex With Nine Women80,185 Views125 Comments
- Kendrick Lamar Shoots "Alright" Video In The Bay19,748 Views55 Comments
- Juicy J Rushed To Hospital In San Francisco43,833 Views52 Comments
- Lil B To Deliver Lecture At UCLA This Thursday4,918 Views16 Comments
- New Akon-Led Initiative Aims To Bring 600 Million Africans Electricity10,692 Views52 Comments
You may also like...