Girl power united on Britney Spears new single "Pretty Girls" which features Australian rapper Iggy Azalea. The song was pretty horrible, even our audience gave it a "NOT FEELING IT" rating (only thing worse is "MAKE IT STOP").
This week was wild. We got to hear new albums by Miguel, Vince Staples, King Los and Tyga, great new tapes from Boogie and Tory Lanez, and some true heat in the form of singles from Future, Meek Mil and The Game.
Troy Ave has been the topic of hot conversation on social media these past couple weeks thanks in part to his extremely low record sales and attitude towards it all.
This past week, Twitter was mostly dominated by three things: the wild conclusion of Game of Thrones' fifth season, the launch of Orange is the New Black's third season, and most importantly, the Rachel Dolezal scandal.
We've seen too many rappers killed at an early age, and as someone who has been very close to those who've passed, Meek Mill has always been vocal about stopping the violence.
As summer rolls around, the rap game's just starting to pick up steam again after a relatively slow month.
Yesterday Twitter's CEO, Dick Costolo, announced that he'd be stepping down from his position at the company. In the interim, Jack Dorsey, the co-founder and chairman, will take the role of CEO, however they are in need of a permanent replacement.
As we've seen in the past, Azealia Banks can be very defense about what she views as cultural appropriation, and she's also extremely outspoken about racial issues.
Well, this is random, but Kid Cudi and radio personality Angie Martinez got into some light beef on twitter last night. Cudder dug up an old interview with Angie Martinez when she was at Hot 97, and posted it on twitter with his own commentary.
Pusha T had a pretty awful night in his hometown of Virginia yesterday, as he unloaded a series of Tweets calling out a local business for racist practices.
Childish Gambino, who doubles as the actor Donald Glover, has a role in the upcoming movie "Magic Mike XXL." With the movie hitting theatres on July 1st, let's hope he puts some focus back on his rap music.
Fans were pleasantly surprised at Midnight when Chance The Rapper tweeted that SURF, the long-awaited collaborative album with Donnie Trumpet & The Social Experiment, was available for free on iTunes. It turns out, it was well worth the wait.
Tyler, The Creator, the lead man in the Odd Future collective, got a bit sentimental on Twitter last night as he looked through old photos of the crew on his Golf Wang Tumblr.
Lil B has been out here for the pst few weeks. In case you missed it, he's been (attempting to) wreak havoc upon the NBA playoffs with his notorious curses, but today, he turns his attention to music.
After a big first quarter, May has been kind of a slump month for releases, as there's tons of noteworthy projects planned for this summer, but the last few weeks have mostly been dominated by singles, videos and news.
Chance The Rapper and his musical collective, The Social Experiment, have been keep their compilation project Surf under lock and key.
New music! Jokes! Late graduations! Blunted revelations! Brotherly love! All of this and more on this week's edition of 140 Bars. Read on to get the best tweets in hip hop, from everyone from Kanye West to Lil B.
Kid Cudi is working on his next studio album, Speedin' Bullet To Heaven, and while he's kept his music pretty well under wraps, he decided to share a snippet of a new song on Twitter today.
Say goodbye to one of the most unique tweeters in Twitter history-- at least for the time being.
Jay Z's most recent business venture, the streaming service Tidal, has pretty much been a trainwreck up to this point, so he took to Twitter earlier today to ask the masses for lenience. "Please give us a chance to grow & get better," he wrote.
We all know Kendrick Lamar isn’t one for the social media limelight, but on Wednesday afternoon TDE president, Punch, convinced K.Dot to hop on Twitter and answer a few questions for the fans.
This time last week, we had no idea that Tyler, The Creator and Young Thug would be giving us new projects by the end of April, but I guess that's how things work now.
Dame Dash has the twittersphere on a roll right now, thanks to the #TweetLikeDameDash hashtag. It all stemmed from Dame's interview with The Breakfast Club, where he went on this nonsensical tirade about how real men don't have bosses.
- Stream Ghostface Killah & Adrian Younge's "Twelve Reasons To Die II"230 Views4 Comments
- 140 Bars: Tweets Of The Week (June 27 - July 3)1,502 Views1 Comment
- Diddy's Assault Case Rejected By District Attorney3,046 Views10 Comments
- Eminem Debuts Official Video For “Phenomenal” On Apple Music5,805 Views19 Comments
- 10 Luxury Raps Found On Tyga's "The Gold Album"15,150 Views46 Comments
- Childish Gambino's "Atlanta" TV Show Gets A Cast11,228 Views2 Comments
- Rae Sremmurd Say 2nd Album Dropping In December, Wiz Khalifa Collab Coming Soon13,336 Views31 Comments
- Gucci Mane Announces "The Stars Of The Trap" Tour15,642 Views33 Comments
- Real Vs. Fake 'Shattered Backboard' Air Jordan 1697 Views0 Comments
- Kendrick Lamar Responds To Fox News Criticism Of BET Awards Performance39,041 Views134 Comments
- Review: Meek Mill's "Dreams Worth More Than Money"32,078 Views257 Comments
- Future Explains Why He Nixed His BET Awards Performance32,992 Views47 Comments
- Meek Mill Says Kendrick Lamar & J. Cole Don't Inspire HIm34,535 Views216 Comments
- #TBT: A Tribe Called Quest1,578 Views7 Comments
- Chris Brown Files Documents To Establish Paternity 14,011 Views29 Comments