Yesterday, MTV released Part 1 of their interview with Kendrick Lamar, in which the Compton rapper revealed the meaning behind the To Pimp a Butterfly album title and the initial title of Tu Pimp a Caterpillar (acronym for Tupac).
To Pimp a Butterfly is still sitting at #1 on the charts, though two weeks after its release, Kendrick Lamar just shared some revelatory information about his most ambitious project to date.
We recently heard Tupac make an appearance on "Mortal Man", the last track off Kendrick Lamar's To Pimp a Butterfly. The recording was taken from a 1994 interview, but it was still chilling to hear Shakur's voice almost 20 years after his death.
Kendrick Lamar’s latest installment into his discography To Pimp a Butterfly has only been a part of the Hip Hop world less than a week and yet critics, fans, and fellow musicians alike aren’t shying away from heralding it as a modern day classic.
February 2nd marks the opening of the Grammy Museum's "All Eyez on Me: The Writings of Tupac Shakur", an exhibit that focuses on the musical career of Tupac as a solo artist, and his work with Digital Underground.
Tupac Shakur recently appeared on the HNHH pages when three poems written by a teenage Pac surfaced on the web. The rapper will continue to reach his fans posthumously with an upcoming song being prepped by the Tupac Amaru Shakur Foundation.
Here's a good way to celebrate Throwback Thursday. Today Noisey has unearthed some previously unreleased handwritten poetry from the legendary Tupac, written before his rise to fame, when he was just 17-years old.
Snoop Dogg has lived through a lot over the span of his career, stretching way back to the days of Death Row records. Snoop is one of the few active rappers who can say he worked with Tupac, and on his new track he's decided to honor the fallen legend.
Steve Lobel, a former industry heavyweight, interviews J. Cole today for Blurred Culture. During the first part of their interview, the two talk about how important it is to have a mentor, and Cole talks about how he idolized Jay Z and considers him a mentor.
On the 13th of September, 1996, Tupac Amaru Shakur died at the tender age of 25, leaving the hip-hop community to mourn one of the most inspiring, talented rappers of our time.
I don't know where you were when the sad wars hit, but if Yung Lean and his Sad Boy affiliates ushered in an era where 15-year-old Swedish kids crying over pokemon cards, clad in North Face, are spawning articles in swanky East Coast outlets, now seems like th
Over the weekend, Chuck D of Public Enemy took to Twitter to share a personal letter he received from Tupac while the rapper was locked up. Along with tweeting the image, the OG wrote, "Letter from PAC but you should've seen mine."
Waka Flocka does his best Rich Homie Quan impression (?) at the start of this interview with HotNewHipHop host Damon Campbell, something that should not be missed on.
It’s hard to believe that this upcoming September will mark the 18-year anniversary that Tupac Shakur was shot and killed in Las Vegas, Nevada. After all these years, details still remain unknown about the case or investigation.
Lil Boosie Says "Touchdown 2 Cause Hell" Is The Best Double Disc Album Since "All Eyez On Me" May 20, 2014 at 01:07pm
Lil Boosie has certainly been a hot topic since his release from prison in January. While the Baton Rouge rapper has been steadily releasing tracks since becoming a free man, the majority of the hype falls upon his upcoming album, Touchdown 2 Cause Hell.
Tattoos are a big part of hip-hop culture, we've seen many rappers pay homage to their favorite artists or notable figures by way of their tattoos.
This past Saturday, on February 15th, marked fifteen years since Big L's death, when he was shot nine times in his native Harlem. The unfortunate death of L saw a talented, lyrical MC of legendary status leave us before his prime.
After falling off the project two years ago, John Singleton is back in his rightful position.
The tragic passing of Doe B heavily affected artists and fans alike, but T.I.--head of the late rapper's Hustle Gang crew--has been the most vocal, even eulogizing Doe at his funeral last month.
- Curtis Williams & Key! Arrested On Felony Charges2,454 Views12 Comments
- Stream Berner & B-Real's New EP "Prohibition 2"1,421 Views3 Comments
- 140 Bars Or Less: Tweets Of The Week (April 11 - April 17)5,596 Views6 Comments
- Tyler, The Creator, Vic Mensa, T-Pain, More Tapped For Mad Decent Block Party4,828 Views9 Comments
- New Los Angeles Clippers Jerseys Leaked4,556 Views0 Comments
- HNHH Staff Picks Playlist (April 17)3,200 Views17 Comments
- "Barter 6" Is A Mixtape; Young Thug's Debut Album Will Drop In August29,849 Views163 Comments
- 2 Chainz Sued $1.5 Million For Alleged Contract Breach9,623 Views19 Comments
- What’s New In Battle Rap (April 17)2,225 Views3 Comments
- OVO x Toronto Raptors Playoff T-Shirts Unveiled2,666 Views0 Comments
- Kendrick Lamar's "To Pimp A Butterfly" Goes Gold9,881 Views149 Comments
- Poetic License: The Art Of Writing 4,905 Views36 Comments
- Jay Z Has Been Personally Calling Tidal Subscribers To Thank Them13,214 Views65 Comments
- Jamie Foxx Announces New Album "Hollywood"5,862 Views15 Comments
- Chris Brown Shares Photos Of His Daughter Royalty19,903 Views68 Comments
You may also like...
- Kendrick Lamar "King Kunta" BTS Video1,844 Views