Drake loves to play tastemaker, especially when he's broadcasting the up and coming sounds of his hometown for all of the hip hop world to hear. Social media and now OVO Sound radio are his primary platforms for spotlighting promising Toronto artists.
Sad news today from Toronto. Mississauga rapper Redway has been reported dead after a single-vehicle car crash occurred near the city's Pearson International Airport this morning.
Although Norm Kelly advised against it, Meek Mill headed to the Six last night for a stop on "The Pinkprint" tour with Nicki Minaj.
Kanye West was the headliner at last night's closing ceremony for the Pan Am Games in Toronto, as we reported. The rapper, who performed alongside Pitbull and Serena Ryder, was apparently experiencing issues with his mic through out his set.
Last night we had a bit unexpected excitement, when Meek Mill went off on our twitter timelines, dissing Drake in the process. As for what triggered the rant in the first place, it seems like Meek feels as though he's not getting the respect he deserves.
In the past, we've known Toronto's Jimmy Prime as Jimmy Johnson, a prmising young talent from the 6 who's put in work with Eric Dingus, Danny Seth and many more. Today, he announces a name change and shares a new seven track project called Block Boy.
Toronto mayor John Tory may be a little more competent than the infamous Rob Ford, but he still has his moments.
Toronto citizens have been pretty apathetic about their city hosting the Pan Am Games over the last week, but a new announcement could get people a little more interested.
We haven't heard from Knocka since last fall, when he got Maino and Chinx together for a big remix of "Dance Like a Stripper." Today, the Harlem emcee is back, starting his 2015 run in a big way by getting one of the hottest talents outta Toronto, Tory Lanez,
During the making of Drake's If You're Reading This It's Too Late (which just surpassed J. Cole's 2014 Forest Hills Drive in sales, by the way), his friend Travis Savoury was locked up on human trafficking charges.
Belly just dropped off his new Up For Days project, featuring appearances from The Weeknd, French Montana, Travi$ Scott and Juelz Santana, and along with it comes a video for opening track "Came From Nothing." Watch the song's wintry visuals abo
This past Wednesday Jazz Cartier released Marauding in Paradise, his first full-length offering since he stepped onto the scene in 2013 and his most ambitious project to date. The mixtape is entirely produced by Cartier's longtime producer Lantz.
- Jay Z Caved And Got An Instagram Account6,054 Views30 Comments
- J Cole Brings Out Jay-Z, Big Sean, & Drake In Fayetteville12,526 Views44 Comments
- Kanye West To Perform "808s & Heartbreak" In Its Entirety In LA5,997 Views17 Comments
- 28 Grams: Hip Hop Instagram Recap (August 22-28)2,964 Views23 Comments
- Drake's Team Says Apple Didn't Interfere With Lil Weezyana Stream, Calls It A "Publicity Stunt"19,965 Views117 Comments
- Stream Two-9's New EP, "#AugustTwo9"4,034 Views11 Comments
- Lil Wayne Brought Out Drake, Curren$y, Master P & More At Lil Weezyana Fest30,154 Views34 Comments
- Jeezy Has Something New Coming In Two Days12,881 Views56 Comments
- Apple Blocked Tidal From Streaming Drake's Performance At Lil Weezyana Fest19,037 Views65 Comments
- Stream Lil Wayne's "Lil Weezyana Fest" On Tidal19,822 Views49 Comments
- Shy Glizzy & Zaytoven Announce New Mixtape "For Trappers Only"8,921 Views29 Comments
- First Week Sales Projections For The Weeknd's "Beauty Behind The Madness"29,870 Views88 Comments
- Ticket Giveaway: Mick Jenkins' "Wave[s]" Tour2,155 Views5 Comments
- The Game Reveals "The Documentary 2" Cover & Release Date59,409 Views215 Comments
- Staff Picks Playlist (August 28)2,639 Views3 Comments