Brand ambassador. PA Announcer. Logo designer.
As you probably know by now, last night was "Drake Night" in Toronto, with Drizzy hosting the Raptors vs. Nets game and giving away shirts emblazoned with the team's "old Barney" logo, according to an ESPN commentator.
Drake's OVO brand is growing by the day. Just a week after King Louie tattooed the label's owl logo on the side of his face and Drizzy opened the first ever OVO store in the heart of Toronto, the city's home basketball team is following suit.
Drake has been known to be quite the fair weather fan, often siding with winning teams (despite sometimes being barred from their locker rooms), but since becoming the Toronto Raptors' ambassador, he's shown more loyalty to his hometown squad.
The Toronto Raptors are undergoing a culture overhaul with their franchise. They brought in a new GM, Masai Ujiri, whose first order of business was trading Andrea Bargnani, who was an albatross of sorts of the Bryan Colangelo helmed era.
The Toronto Raptors had announced that rapper and TO-native, Drake, would be the host of the 2016 All Star Weekend held in Toronto, which would only be one of his roles with the team.
The Toronto Raptors are attempting an brand overhaul, and as part of that effort made a bid and earned the right to host the 2016 All Star Weekend.
- 40 Vs. Boi-1da1,493 Views15 Comments
- Stream Eric Bellinger's "Birthday Gifts" EP1,618 Views3 Comments
- Social Media Roasts West Virginia Following Blowout Loss To Kentucky3,505 Views0 Comments
- Kendrick Lamar Has The First No. 1 Album Ever With "Pimp" In Its Title13,115 Views86 Comments
- Lil Wayne Joins Instagram19,347 Views43 Comments
- TBT: The Roots3,170 Views2 Comments
- Dame Dash Confirms He And Kanye West Are Buying Karmaloop21,364 Views37 Comments
- Yung Gleesh Reportedly Charged With Sexual Assault [Update: He's Been Arrested]15,842 Views42 Comments
- Kendrick Lamar Will Never Release The Song From His Colbert Performance28,369 Views112 Comments
- Ludacris' Best Punchlines7,570 Views26 Comments
- Dr. Dre Wants To "Inspire" People With "Straight Outta Compton" Biopic6,539 Views34 Comments
- The Weeknd Now A Coachella Headliner5,546 Views20 Comments
- Digital Cover Story: Action Bronson1,507 Views10 Comments
- 10 Most Expensive Nike Air Maxes At Flight Club Right Now1,646 Views0 Comments
- iLoveMakonnen's Essential "Drink More Water" Cuts7,121 Views21 Comments