How the hell did we make it through fifty percent of 2015 already? June has seemingly crept up out of nowhere, marking the halfway checkpoint of a year that, so far, has been ripe with exceptional releases from some of hip-hop’s brightest emcees.
Action Bronson top albums top 10 sremm life mr. wonderful Rae Sremmurd Earl Sweatshirt The Social Experiment Donnie Trumpet Chance The Rapper Drake if you're reading this its too late Yung Thug Lupe Fiasco tetsuo & youth ASAP Rocky touchdown 2 cause hell Boosie Badazz Kendrick Lamar TPAB to pimp a butterfly a.l.l.a.
All too often, emcees get caught up listening to and taking influence from the majors instead of looking at the wealth of material growing right in their local music scene. DeJ Loaf is not that kind of emcee.
The other week the kid Tory Lanez stopped by our office for an interview. It was about time the HNHH readers got better acquainted with the rising rapper, who recently debuted his Lost Cause mixtape exclusively on HNHH and wrapped up his "Lost Cause" tour.
Jahlil Beats came through the office the other week, and sat down for a quick interview to let us know what exactly he's been up to these days, as he's been a bit absent on the producer circuit.
With so much great music already out this year, it's hard to think this year could get any better. But we still have new albums coming from the likes of T.I., Logic, Big K.R.I.T., and Kendrick Lamar, so it will get better, way better.
King Louie speaks the truth: “They say you can make it anywhere, if you make it in Chicago.” The city notoriously known as Chiraq has been long overshadowed by gang violence, and those fortunate enough to make it out the trap are considered heroes.
Few names have taken the hip-hop world by storm like ILoveMakonnen has in the last few months. A buzz-worthy mixtape artist came to mainstream fame after signing to Drake's OVO Sound label, along with having Drizzy blessing his single "Tuesday" with a verse.
Over the last few years, the hip-hop producer has taken a huge step into the spotlight. With their credits often being seen in the song title, and their tag placed at the beginning of their tracks, they've become hard to miss.
As summer draws to a close and all the kids are back at school, it's a great time to reminisce about all the fun that was had and great music that came out. Last week we tackled the best mixtapes of the summer, but that doesn't tell the whole story.
This Summer has been a wild one in hip hop, with veterans like Wiz Khalifa and 50 Cent dropping new albums, newcomers like Rae Sremmurd and Bobby Shmurda creating viral sensations, and Nicki Minaj's full moon eclipsing pretty much everything else on Earth.
Just as a disclaimer, you won't find Detox on this list. We gave up on that a long time ago. We can only assume at this point that Dre is swimming in a literal pool of Apple money somewhere, Scrooge McDuck style.
- A New 'OVO' Air Jordan 8 Rumored To Release This Year0 Views0 Comments
- Stream OJ Da Juiceman & Zaytoven's Joint Project "Juice vs Zay"2,390 Views21 Comments
- Stream Dreezy's "Call It What You Want" EP3,661 Views8 Comments
- VH1 Announces Premiere Date For The Game's Dating Show "She's Got Game"10,246 Views46 Comments
- Mariah Carey To Get Her Own Star On Hollywood Walk Of Fame3,577 Views23 Comments
- Shy Glizzy Arrested In Maryland19,174 Views22 Comments
- David Banner Sues Young Money Over Alleged Unpaid Royalties14,977 Views39 Comments
- Fetty Wap The First Male Rapper To Have Two Top 10 Singles Since Lil Wayne38,482 Views172 Comments
- Damian Lillard Releases New Song Using Classic Jadakiss Beat2,820 Views0 Comments
- Chance The Rapper Announces "Family Matters" Tour7,079 Views11 Comments
- Chance The Rapper Says Kanye West Almost Narrated "Surf"9,111 Views17 Comments
- 7 Times Rappers Trolled The World23,369 Views27 Comments
- Young Thug Waives His Preliminary Hearing In Terroristic Threats Case13,826 Views30 Comments
- Macklemore & Ryan Lewis Cover Complex5,031 Views53 Comments
- Ebro Speaks On Funk Flex Fiasco, Responds To Power 105.132,514 Views53 Comments
You may also like...
- Migos On ESPN's "Highly Questionable"1,341 Views