All too often, emcees get caught up listening to and taking influence from the majors instead of looking at the wealth of material growing right in their local music scene. DeJ Loaf is not that kind of emcee.
We've seen a few young rappers break out off of one song over the past few years, and a lot of different cities get shine because of it-- we had Chief Keef from Chicago, Bobby Shmurda from NYC, and most recently, DeJ Loaf putting on for Detroit.
The other week the kid Tory Lanez stopped by our office for an interview. It was about time the HNHH readers got better acquainted with the rising rapper, who recently debuted his Lost Cause mixtape exclusively on HNHH and wrapped up his "Lost Cause" tour.
Following up from an exclusive interview with Jahlil, where he spoke on working with Bobby Shmurda, Meek Mill and more, we tapped the producer to create his ultimate top 10 list of producers.
Jahlil Beats came through the office the other week, and sat down for a quick interview to let us know what exactly he's been up to these days, as he's been a bit absent on the producer circuit.
With so much great music already out this year, it's hard to think this year could get any better. But we still have new albums coming from the likes of T.I., Logic, Big K.R.I.T., and Kendrick Lamar, so it will get better, way better.
King Louie speaks the truth: “They say you can make it anywhere, if you make it in Chicago.” The city notoriously known as Chiraq has been long overshadowed by gang violence, and those fortunate enough to make it out the trap are considered heroes.
Few names have taken the hip-hop world by storm like ILoveMakonnen has in the last few months. A buzz-worthy mixtape artist came to mainstream fame after signing to Drake's OVO Sound label, along with having Drizzy blessing his single "Tuesday" with a verse.
Over the last few years, the hip-hop producer has taken a huge step into the spotlight. With their credits often being seen in the song title, and their tag placed at the beginning of their tracks, they've become hard to miss.
As summer draws to a close and all the kids are back at school, it's a great time to reminisce about all the fun that was had and great music that came out. Last week we tackled the best mixtapes of the summer, but that doesn't tell the whole story.
This Summer has been a wild one in hip hop, with veterans like Wiz Khalifa and 50 Cent dropping new albums, newcomers like Rae Sremmurd and Bobby Shmurda creating viral sensations, and Nicki Minaj's full moon eclipsing pretty much everything else on Earth.
- Kevin Gates Offers Opinion On Obama: "Get this N---a Out of Office"10,140 Views66 Comments
- Top-10 Fantasy Basketball Surprises 411 Views0 Comments
- Immortal Technique Arrested On Suspicion Of Assault And Robbery3,565 Views21 Comments
- 10 Things You Didn't Know About Big L's "Lifestylez Ov Da Poor & Dangerous"3,318 Views17 Comments
- Rich Homie Quan's Alleged Speedboat Getaway Is Untrue6,027 Views20 Comments
- O.T. Genasis Arrested In L.A. 10,737 Views26 Comments
- New Tupac Music Is On The Way13,569 Views75 Comments
- Charts Don't Lie: March 288,709 Views41 Comments
- Big Sean Has A BAPE Collaboration Dropping Next Month6,554 Views21 Comments
- Six Kendrick Lamar Songs Make Billboard's Hot 1009,737 Views94 Comments
- A$AP Mob Sued For Injuring Fan While Crowd Surfing 4,829 Views31 Comments
- The Game & DeJ Loaf Shoot "Ambitionz Of A Rida" Video5,210 Views21 Comments
- Tech N9ne Reveals "Special Effects" Tour Dates2,728 Views8 Comments
- Stream Ballout & Tadoe's "The Rise Of Glo Gang Empire"4,814 Views18 Comments