Before Wale found mainstream success he was a regular DMV rapper on his mixtape grind. The Mixtape About Nothing was probably one of his most well-received and reviewed mixtape projects, garnering him a healthy dose of buzz back in 2008.
Y'all remember Tech N9ne's 2010 track "Hard Liquor" or nah? It was included on his XXL-backed Bad Season mixtape, which dropped that same year, and finds him professing his love for hard alcohol over production from Dr. Dre and Travis Barker.
For today's throwback track of the day we head back to 2009's How Fly mixtape from Spitta and Wiz Khalifa. At the time it dropped it was highly anticipated, and while the fans always wanted to hear a How Fly 2, it never came to fruition.
We certainly hope y'all remember this choice selection from DJ Kay Slay’s 2003 mixtape Diplomats Volume 1. Cam'ron's mixtape record is impressive, to say the least, rivalling that of New York peers such as 50 Cent, Jay Z and Nas.
This past Saturday, on February 15th, marked fifteen years since Big L's death, when he was shot nine times in his native Harlem. The unfortunate death of L saw a talented, lyrical MC of legendary status leave us before his prime.
The other day this track randomly popped up on shuffle, and it felt like a good track to use as a throwback record this Thursday, especially since we just received news of Remy Ma's return to the world.
For today's Throwback Thursday record we've opted to go with Game. The West Coast rapper has always been prolific when it comes to the mixtape game, starting in 2002 with his debut tape You Know What It Is, Vol. 1, all the way up to present day.
J. Cole had quite a big week. He celebrated his 29th birthday, he became a label head with his Dreamville imprint singing a deal with Interscope Records, and he finally received a Roc-A-Fella chain from the boss man Hov.
With Kid Cudi dropping new music this week off his forthcoming EP it made us think about the time when he was just A Kid Named Cudi and grinding with Plain Pat and Emile-- when most of us first fell in love with the rapper.
Listen to Tim Westwood Freestyle '95, the new track by Ol' Dirty Bastard featuring 12 O'Clock which was dropped on Thursday, November 14th, 2013.
- Meet Maxo Kream: Houston's Next-Up736 Views1 Comment
- Migos Say Their Noisey "Atlanta" Episode Was Scripted1,760 Views10 Comments
- 7 Things We Learned From LeBron's Most Recent Twitter Q&A613 Views0 Comments
- Tyga Sued By Landlord For Unpaid Rent, Threatened With Eviction4,674 Views31 Comments
- Ice Cube Says The "Straight Outta Compton" Soundtrack Is Dropping This Week2,936 Views6 Comments
- Did Drake Actually Buy Charlamagne Tha God Bottles? 29,196 Views81 Comments
- Meek Mill Booed In Toronto Last Night26,385 Views60 Comments
- Twitter Reacts To Drake's Second Meek Mill Diss, "Back To Back"33,373 Views89 Comments
- Listen To Erykah Badu's New Mix2,305 Views1 Comment
- Scarface Reveals Tracklist & Cover Art For "Deeply Rooted"2,033 Views15 Comments
- A New 'OVO' Air Jordan 8 Rumored To Release This Year3,517 Views0 Comments
- Stream OJ Da Juiceman & Zaytoven's Joint Project "Juice vs Zay"3,445 Views26 Comments
- Stream Dreezy's "Call It What You Want" EP4,165 Views10 Comments
- VH1 Announces Premiere Date For The Game's Dating Show "She's Got Game"11,458 Views46 Comments
You may also like...
- Miguel Feat. Kurupt "NWA" Video980 Views